Rolling Rally, Now what?

I think we need to start thinking bigger and take this fight to her. The last two rallies were nice to rally the troups. I attended the indoor and it was very motivating, but these things are only preaching to the choir. They did little to improve public awareness of the situation or work towards turning anyone's opinion who was not already on board. Those were good "warm ups".

IMHO what we need is a MASSIVE, multi-media strike of epic proportion in October, before the November elections. A huge rally in a very public place Concord, Lexington, Bunker Hill, or the Statehouse again. I'm talking tens of thousands of people. This won't be another quick, "hey lets whip something together in 2 weeks to show how fast we can react" kind of event. This would be a very large undertaking by several local and national groups working in unison, all with the goal of significantly increasing public awareness and showcasing a huge base of voter support. It should achieve national attention. That is what will get the MA legislature's attention.

We need serious media coverage. We need local and national politicians to speak. We need police chiefs and some high profile national LE to speak. We need coordinated signage, petitions, a radio ad, social media and talk show coverage. We need people across the state in every town handing out brochures and collecting 250,000 signatures on a petition demanding the legislature to take action.

Can it be done? I'm sure there will be the nay-sayers bitching about how most people don't care.... that it will be too much effort.... too costly.... who's going to do it.... yadda, yadda... but at least IMHO we must try.

Absolutely. This is what I refer to, not "shooting the first round" @jefsemperfi.
Speakers like Dana Loesch, Sheriff David Clark, etc.

The rallies are to keep us motivated, or pissed, whichever you prefer, and keep our minds on the issue, instead of just accepting it. I think they also help raise much needed $$$. GOAL is a lobbying organization. Lobbying ain't cheap, thats why a lot of politicians make money hand over fist even though their salaries aren't that insanely high. Lawsuits aren't cheap either. I think that we need to find ways of reaching more people, but the rallies definitely aren't pointless and people should be bringing anyone that will come with them. I think GOAL should try to organize something for one of the communities in the state. Something that would paint us in a better light than the libs do. Maybe something for charity that also raises money for goal at the same time.

It seems like every other comment I read today was "This isn't doing enough because reasons". My apologies sbi for my assumptions. I busted my ass this weekend to make it to the rally and have effective signage. I take offense to the wet blankets in here.

Absolutely. This is what I refer to, not "shooting the first round" @jefsemperfi.
Speakers like Dana Loesch, Sheriff David Clark, etc.

This. Since this is an election year, somehow we need to figure out how to get this out on a national level. I'll add my own quote from a post that I did on another Healey thread. [laugh]

Our side needs to take Healey's action to a higher level on a national scale. Healey aligned herself with HRC, who also supports more extreme gun control measures. What better message to scare all gun owners in every state than saying what happened in MA and CA can and will happen in your state if HRC is elected.

It seems like every other comment I read today was "This isn't doing enough because reasons". My apologies sbi for my assumptions. I busted my ass this weekend to make it to the rally and have effective signage. I take offense to the wet blankets in here.

I hope my comment wasn't in the wet blanket category. It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was at the rolling rally, I was at the state house on 7/30, and on 7/23 before that. I've gone to every rally I could go to and I hope there's more because I'll be at as many of those as I can too. I think that the rallies are certainly a good thing. The point of my comment is that we need more of them, and different ones too. If they want a propaganda war, I think we should give it to them. Something like "local gun rights organization GOAL raises $.... for disabled veterans, homeless families, 9/11 first responders" ect. That kind of stuff will make people wonder why Healy keeps going after the good guys. It's what politicians do, except we really are the good guys.

Last edited:
THIS THIS THIS THIS

I'm on board 110%. I want to help with something like this. I don't know how to do this stuff and I don't know people but I'd LOVE to be part of it.

This needs to happen. It will be the most effective. We need attendance more than anything.

I am completely behind a massive rally with many national figures, lots of coverage. Count me in! But I think there is a place for smaller "public relation" type events to get more people and more younger people wanting to become responsible gun owners. When these new enthusiastic gun owners start seeing their rights getting stripped away maybe then we can start getting more people to show up and vote these traitors out of office

Sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm. My personal impression is that we try to fight WMD with roses. We are losing time, losing public attention (the little bit we had). You fight war with war, not with parades and nice words.
Yep, going with this ^^^^^^

I hope my comment wasn't in the wet blanket category. It certainly wasn't intended to be. I was at the rolling rally, I was at the state house on 7/30, and on 7/23 before that. I've gone to every rally I could go to and I hope there's more because I'll be at as many of those as I can too. I think that the rallies are certainly a good thing. The point of my comment is that we need more of them, and different ones too. If they want a propaganda war, I think we should give it to them. Something like "local gun rights organization GOAL raises $.... for disabled veterans, homeless families, 9/11 first responders" ect. That kind of stuff will make people wonder why Healy keeps going after the good guys. It's what politicians do, except we really are the good guys.

No not at all. I agreed with your first post.

There are a few scattered threads today with more then a few nay-sayers. These cats irritate me to no end. We did/do all the work and they just armchair QB.

Some decent ideas here.

One thing I would like to add is that people need to get the kids involved. If you have kids, take them to the range. Sign them up as junior members at your club. It is fun for them. At some point, they may ask to take a friend along. Then you have the opportunity to take the parents along. THIS is how we win mindshare. It is also how we win votes. This means "our side" wins elections. Also, the kids have all the social media working in our favor, which "our side" seems to be greatly lacking in right now.

We also need more women and minorities participating in 2A activities. Notice I don't say "sport", or "hunting", though those are also a part of this.

Just had a conversation with a rather influential person in town. She had no idea what exactly Maura Healey had done. Only that it was on Assault Weapons,, so it of course must be good.

I explained the whole ruling by press conference and FAQ and she was appalled. She too agreed that this kind of move does not matter about guns. Although she would like to see stricter gun laws, she too thought that the manner of enacting must be done properly.

The other thing that I was able to point out was that the media is not telling the whole truth here. She agreed on that point too.

While this is not a convert of an anti to a pro (and we still disagree on many things) I clearly saw the impact our conversation had on her. I don't think she really likes being lied to - and that came across clearly.

Even she said that such actions are no better than a 3rd world dictatorship.

THIS is the kind of impact that we need to make. Forget about guns. Explain the abuse of power and the complicit media in hiding the truth.

That's really the angle I think we can get a lot of traction with.

It's hard explaining it to people though. I've tried to have the conversation with a few people and I can see their eyes glazing over.

Sounds like your lucky to find somebody who actually understood the issues.

I'm a bit of a rebel - I think we ought to spread this around OUTSIDE of Massachusetts - so that it becomes a subject of derision where the whole country starts looking at this state as some sort of third world banana republic.

The embarassment that will engender is something I hope would cause people within the state to force the issue of what Healey did.

Sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm. My personal impression is that we try to fight WMD with roses. We are losing time, losing public attention (the little bit we had). You fight war with war, not with parades and nice words.

I have to admit that is my attitude too. I don't really believe in being "nice" - BUT - after participating in the rally I have to say my impression was that it made an impact.

I would even suggest it's something we should do again - but maybe pick a different route this time - in a different part of the state. The media might ignore the one we just had, but after say two or three of them - with each one being 1 to 2 miles worth of cars - it will become plainly obvious we CAN mobilize and we are NOT going away.

In France the farmers all go crazy every once in a while - and drive their tractors onto the highways and just block up everything. I am not advocating we do that at all - because it would just piss people off. But multiple rolling rallies that have hundreds of vehicles in them - will show that we COULD pull that stunt if we were so inclined.

Hey - is anybody going to the Ted Nugent concert tomorrow night in Lynn?

Ted is a hard core 2A supporter - a nicely typed up synopsis for him might get him to mention this on stage?

I already stated this on another thread,but I will stated again.The only way your going to get the message out is threw the media.If they don't come to us we go to them. All it will cost is your time and the cost of the signs. The rolling rally had 150 people,if you split those people up into groups. Showing up at the news stations all at the same time you will get the word out.

The rallies are to keep us motivated, or pissed, whichever you prefer, and keep our minds on the issue, instead of just accepting it. I think they also help raise much needed $$$. GOAL is a lobbying organization. Lobbying ain't cheap, thats why a lot of politicians make money hand over fist even though their salaries aren't that insanely high. Lawsuits aren't cheap either. I think that we need to find ways of reaching more people, but the rallies definitely aren't pointless and people should be bringing anyone that will come with them. I think GOAL should try to organize something for one of the communities in the state. Something that would paint us in a better light than the libs do. Maybe something for charity that also raises money for goal at the same time.
There are more events coming. Keep in mind, the rolling rally took time away from the very small staff AND took many many many hours of incredible volunteer effort to come to fruition. We need to be deliberate and constant. Rallies are as much a marketing effort as anything, a huge part of our efforts over the next few months needs to be focused on getting the word out to the general public, the message remains the same, Healey abused due process and the most vetted individuals in the state.

Law suits are coming but they take time, anyone who thinks an effective suit could have or should have already been filed is just plain wrong.

How about someone write up a synopsis of just what she did to us and what she could do to other groups. Something that we could print and hand out to acquaintances, friends, customers, enemies, whomever. Many people don't understand how her ruling could affect them down the road. Just a thought!

Couldn't GOAL take out a full page ad in a Sunday paper (Globe and Herald) explaining this over reach in terms of stomping on our liberties and avoiding this being about guns?

As Mr. Wallace has stated several times if this can be done to us it can be done to anyone...

EDIT: And I would add that the "legistlators" should be called out for the failure to act as should the spineless Governor.

Last edited:
$57 each, outdoor banners from vistaprint. I may do a couple of these myself and hang them at the 93 NB and SB overpass in Quincy....As long as GOAL doesn't object.
View attachment 175928

This is the type of stuff we need. Maybe a URL too so people can learn more? HealeyHurts.com??

Also, as a tip for the banner... Find a huge size, then go bigger. 99% of the banners I see from the highway you can't read. HUGE HUGE YUGEEEEE

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't GOAL take out a full page ad in a Sunday paper (Globe and Herald) explaining this over reach in terms of stomping on our liberties and avoiding this being about guns?

As Mr. Wallace has stated several times if this can be done to us it can be done to anyone...

This is another great idea.

Why can't we get a "big name" at a rally to draw even more people & attention? Maybe someone like Howie Carr (who's had Jim Wallace on many times), former Patriot Matt Light, or possible Senate candidate Curt Schilling (who's VERY pro-2A)?

Why can't we get a "big name" at a rally to draw even more people & attention? Maybe someone like Howie Carr (who's had Jim Wallace on many times), former Patriot Matt Light, or possible Senate candidate Curt Schilling (who's VERY pro-2A)?

And for more National recognition, Milo.

And for more National recognition, Milo.

A big rally with people like Milo, see if we can get Ted Nugent, Curt Schilling - and some of the other pro-2A politicians here in MA - might make an impact.

I've already started writing to some of the people I have seen cover this nationally to try and get more coverage.

Curt Schilling would be awesome to have at a rally. He's got some fire behind him and is fed up with the Liberals who are ruining this state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxeQ2Or83s

My post on FB today. We have to make this NOT about guns or the 2A. This post actually got positive attention from some of the more hard core liberals I know because it wasn't just a "you can't take my guns" post.

On a side note, the only way anybody is taking my guns from me is empty and warm.

0f33b809b11f43c43de0446f18421487.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Curt Schilling would be awesome to have at a rally. He's got some fire behind him and is fed up with the Liberals who are ruining this state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rxeQ2Or83s

Lets get him to run against Faker next time around. M*******s left, right, and center will vote for Curt Shilling. Why? Because he's Curt Freakin' Shilling and that would "wicked pissah" and such.

Back
Top Bottom