• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rolling Rally, Now what?

BillT113

NES Member
Feeling a little motivated after the rolling rally and I find myself wanting to do more and trying to figure out how to fight the stigma that some groups try to attach to us. I would love to see a some more local community type fundraiser events like here in Carver, have a cookout / fundraiser for a local cause (food pantry, COA, schools, animal shelter) maybe have a band and invite local POLs to speak at Shurtleff park. Ideally I would love to see it Open Carry but I think might turn off as many supporters as it would attract. I wouldn't even know how to start something like this and my organizational skills leave a lot to be desired. I know it is late in the season and it may never get off the ground. Thoughts?

I agree, I know there's a few things coming up- Topsfield fair for instance. Seems to me there is always a pro 2a table going, perhaps with some volunteer work we can convert it from a take classes and donate to a fun and educational experience for all ages with a very appropriate message for a family fair.

Just had a conversation with a rather influential person in town. She had no idea what exactly Maura Healey had done. Only that it was on Assault Weapons,, so it of course must be good.

I explained the whole ruling by press conference and FAQ and she was appalled. She too agreed that this kind of move does not matter about guns. Although she would like to see stricter gun laws, she too thought that the manner of enacting must be done properly.

The other thing that I was able to point out was that the media is not telling the whole truth here. She agreed on that point too.

While this is not a convert of an anti to a pro (and we still disagree on many things) I clearly saw the impact our conversation had on her. I don't think she really likes being lied to - and that came across clearly.

Even she said that such actions are no better than a 3rd world dictatorship.

THIS is the kind of impact that we need to make. Forget about guns. Explain the abuse of power and the complicit media in hiding the truth.

Just had a conversation with a rather influential person in town. She had no idea what exactly Maura Healey had done. Only that it was on Assault Weapons,, so it of course must be good.

I explained the whole ruling by press conference and FAQ and she was appalled. She too agreed that this kind of move does not matter about guns. Although she would like to see stricter gun laws, she too thought that the manner of enacting must be done properly.

The other thing that I was able to point out was that the media is not telling the whole truth here. She agreed on that point too.

While this is not a convert of an anti to a pro (and we still disagree on many things) I clearly saw the impact our conversation had on her. I don't think she really likes being lied to - and that came across clearly.

THIS is the kind of impact that we need to make. Forget about guns. Explain the abuse of power and the complicit media in hiding the truth.

Nice Job!

+1

Sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm. My personal impression is that we try to fight WMD with roses. We are losing time, losing public attention (the little bit we had). You fight war with war, not with parades and nice words.

For all those who don't like what's being done, or don't participate because it doesn't matter. Instead of sitting around and criticizing, do something. Make a legit suggestion, not some fantasy of storming the capital, a real suggestion. You can even lead it yourself.

None of these rallies do anything, in case you folks haven't figured that out, yet. Our legislators in this swamphole DGAF about your rights. They care about preserving their seat, and the majority of this state enjoy gun control, and everything linked to it.

They use your taxes against you. That's a broken system AFAIC, but they enjoy that simple fact. They can do whatever they want, and we have to respond with personal money/funds.

Unless the AG is forced to defend herself WITH HER OWN MONEY, she's not going to stop. Until this state, and other blue waffle states like mASS, start to toss out the mentally deranged overloards in charge...nothing will change for the better.

To all you keyboard warriors talking about how we are wasting our time. Please, by all means, fire the first shot. I will stand with/behind you. I'm willing to lay my life down to fight tyranny. What I'm not willing to do is to make that first step.*

Unless and until you fire that first shot, please, STFU. Your wet blanketness does nothing for us.

With all that being said, the rally has me pumped. I'm down for another and would like to help if possible.

*at this point in the game

Last edited:
None of these rallies do anything, in case you folks haven't figured that out, yet. Our legislators in this swamphole DGAF about your rights. They care about preserving their seat, and the majority of this state enjoy gun control, and everything linked to it.

They use your taxes against you. That's a broken system AFAIC, but they enjoy that simple fact. They can do whatever they want, and we have to respond with personal money/funds.

Unless the AG is forced to defend herself WITH HER OWN MONEY, she's not going to stop. Until this state, and other blue waffle states like mASS, start to toss out the mentally deranged overloards in charge...nothing will change for the better.

So we should just stuff our heads in the sand and give up?

To all you keyboard warriors talking about how we are wasting our time. Please, by all means, fire the first shot. I will stand with/behind you. I'm willing to lay my life down to fight tyranny. What I'm not willing to do is to make that first step.*

Unless and until you fire that first shot, please, STFU. Your wet blanketness does nothing for us.

With all that being said, the rally has me pumped. I'm down for another and would like to help if possible.

*at this point in the game

What he said

Sorry, but I don't share your enthusiasm. My personal impression is that we try to fight WMD with roses. We are losing time, losing public attention (the little bit we had). You fight war with war, not with parades and nice words.

and with that attitude you will only be preaching to the choir, that is the minority of the population that owns guns. You will totally alienate anyone who is not already in your camp and will lose the "war". Even just referring to the fight as 'war' will turn off at least 50% of the people you're trying to reach if not more.

I support this cause and I approve this message!

Get off your bum and do something!
An object in motion stays in motion!
That is what this cause needs!

What will you be doing when there is no more second amendment for your future generations?

I will know I did all I could to preserve that right for all people in this great nation!

and with that attitude you will only be preaching to the choir, that is the minority of the population that owns guns. You will totally alienate anyone who is not already in your camp and will lose the "war". Even just referring to the fight as 'war' will turn off at least 50% of the people you're trying to reach if not more.

Right, we've seen how all these rallies and 'compromises' worked out for us. You think that the antis start loving you all of a sudden when they see you driving down 128 with flags and banners?

Right, we've seen how all these rallies and 'compromises' worked out for us. You think that the antis start loving you all of a sudden when they see you driving down 128 with flags and banners?

Let's keep this on topic...I understand you don't think the rallies are useful. But the question is "now what?"

How about someone write up a synopsis of just what she did to us and what she could do to other groups. Something that we could print and hand out to acquaintances, friends, customers, enemies, whomever. Many people don't understand how her ruling could affect them down the road. Just a thought!

Let's keep this on topic...I understand you don't think the rallies are useful. But the question is "now what?"

IANAL and there are smarter people than me who have more experience than I do, but IMHO there should have been a law suit on the court(s) desks on 7/21.
Instead of a rally in the state house, demonstrate with the same 5000 people front of her house or Charlie's house.
We all knew that the legislator wouldn't do shit on that last weekend of their very-busy-work before they hit a 5 months vacation. It was clear as the sky.

It's just like a fine: if you don't hit someone's wallet, they'll never learn a lesson. If you don't interrupt their calm, easy-going life routine they won't piss in your direction. That's how it goes and that's what I mean by "Fight war with war". They declared war, we play monopoly. It. Does. Not. Work.

I always bring the French students example when discussing this and other political issues with people. When the French government set new laws/rules that hurt the students, the students went out to the streets and burned the city down. The government "listened", for the lack of a better word.

- - - Updated - - -

How about someone write up a synopsis of just what she did to us and what she could do to other groups. Something that we could print and hand out to acquaintances, friends, customers, enemies, whomever. Many people don't understand how her ruling could affect them down the road. Just a thought!

I like that.

Do you think actually we are trying to appeal to the antis? That's lunacy.

We're hoping that the antis start flailing about while driving. Shortly thereafter, if we are lucky, the rally video may capture their heads exploding.

One can dream.

We have to remember to many people in this pathetic state this poor excuse of an AG is a hero. AK's and AR's are weapons of war and someone had to get them off the streets. And thanks to AG Healey no one can buy these terrible weapons in Massachusetts anymore. The fact is, to the average person who knows little or nothing about guns this sounds like a good thing. So, until we can get the word out, on a state or even a national level, no one will even know. Some of the guys I talk to on the Glock forum have no idea what's going on here. Why ? Because the media has swept it under the rug. And if the media does cover the story they get there long before the rally begins so they can take lots of pictures. And once we see the rally it looks like no one showed up. With the media behind Healey I really don't know how this message is ever get out. The people of Massachusetts have to know the truth.

Neither do these "rallies"

And you don't know me, you don't know what I am doing or what I have participated in so why don't you calm down a little bit.

And you don't know me. But I can tell you're quite the Monday morning QB. I'll tell you what hoss, you fire the first shot; I'll be right there with you. I will not fire that first shot. We. Are. Not. There. YET.

As long as there is still an option that does not require violence, I'll put my money on that option. When the post is "Good rally, whats next?" and you post that rallies don't work, YOU. Are. Not. Helping.

If you want to bitch about rallies not working and revolution, please create a new thread in Off-Topic. I will make sure to ignore it.

Bigger, much bigger!

I think we need to start thinking bigger and take this fight to her. The last two rallies were nice to rally the troups. I attended the indoor and it was very motivating, but these things are only preaching to the choir. They did little to improve public awareness of the situation or work towards turning anyone's opinion who was not already on board. Those were good "warm ups".

IMHO what we need is a MASSIVE, multi-media strike of epic proportion in October, before the November elections. A huge rally in a very public place Concord, Lexington, Bunker Hill, or the Statehouse again. I'm talking tens of thousands of people. This won't be another quick, "hey lets whip something together in 2 weeks to show how fast we can react" kind of event. This would be a very large undertaking by several local and national groups working in unison, all with the goal of significantly increasing public awareness and showcasing a huge base of voter support. It should achieve national attention. That is what will get the MA legislature's attention.

We need serious media coverage. We need local and national politicians to speak. We need police chiefs and some high profile national LE to speak. We need coordinated signage, petitions, a radio ad, social media and talk show coverage. We need people across the state in every town handing out brochures and collecting 250,000 signatures on a petition demanding the legislature to take action.

Can it be done? I'm sure there will be the nay-sayers bitching about how most people don't care.... that it will be too much effort.... too costly.... who's going to do it.... yadda, yadda... but at least IMHO we must try.

I think we need to start thinking bigger and take this fight to her. The last two rallies were nice to rally the troups. I attended the indoor and it was very motivating, but these things are only preaching to the choir. They did little to improve public awareness of the situation or work towards turning anyone's opinion who was not already on board. Those were good "warm ups".

IMHO what we need is a MASSIVE, multi-media strike of epic proportion in October, before the November elections. A huge rally in a very public place Concord, Lexington, Bunker Hill, or the Statehouse again. I'm talking tens of thousands of people. This won't be another quick, "hey lets whip something together in 2 weeks to show how fast we can react" kind of event. This would be a very large undertaking by several local and national groups working in unison, all with the goal of significantly increasing public awareness and showcasing a huge base of voter support. It should achieve national attention. That is what will get the MA legislature's attention.

We need serious media coverage. We need local and national politicians to speak. We need police chiefs and some high profile national LE to speak. We need coordinated signage, petitions, a radio ad, social media and talk show coverage. We need people across the state in every town handing out brochures and collecting 250,000 signatures on a petition demanding the legislature to take action.

Can it be done? I'm sure there will be the nay-sayers bitching about how most people don't care.... that it will be too much effort.... too costly.... who's going to do it.... yadda, yadda... but at least IMHO we must try.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

I'm on board 110%. I want to help with something like this. I don't know how to do this stuff and I don't know people but I'd LOVE to be part of it.

We need to be the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.
Everywhere they go ,whatever they do.
That's how the LGBTQ got it done.
They are no bigger a population percentage than we are.
Relentless, merciless, persistence.

Back
Top Bottom