• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

re: NES Life Memberships now available

No sandy vag. I can mention several places where you can have A LOT more fun than in Vegas. But you have to be open to going out of the country. You can PM me when you are ready. Or you can go to Vegas with every other @ass hole and think you are cool.

And I am not talking about some sh@t hole in Cambodia.

I can see this working for some. I just got done becoming a VFW Life Member and am contemplating whether I want to do Life Membership with GOAL or something with Comm2A. The forum is for fun, so thinking the money is better spent on the folks protecting our rights here in MA.
Respectfully disagree. This forum ain't just for fun. It's a huge asset to gun rights in MA.

Of course it's not for everyone, but those of us who know what it was like in the days before NES and the internet, know just how important a Resource NES is.

If you are pre-internet, you generally got all your gun/ammo help from one of a couple of ways;
A relative, a magazine/book, or your Uncle Sam. Or, you learned the hard way what not to clean a blued wheelgun with or what the best powder was for a full-house .44 magnum.

Knowledge is Power and NES is Knowledge.

I joined, and I'm just waiting for the check to show up and clear.

In the end it's all just blood and treasure...

~Matt

Math aside, Does it take the full year to get great benefit from the $21.00 membership?

The payback, breaking even, getting ahead depends on what you put into NES and I don't mean $.

See, I don't look at it as Time:Money.

I see it as a way of ensuring a Gun Rights Voice in a time when We are attacked on all sides. A punch-in-the-face of Liberalism.
The children of the Members here, and their children, need to know what we know... and why we know it.

Servers cost money, Administration costs money, electricity...

I see this as a commitment. A commitment to Our Future...
~Matt

I signed up.. maybe I spend way too much time surfing this board, but when I first discovered NES, it was priceless. I didn't know anything at all about shooting or the convoluted gun laws in MA. For the amount of time, effort, and $$ Derek puts in to keep this board going, well you can choose what you spend your hard earned cash for, but for me its a fair price.

When I first started on NES, there was a firearms lawyer and all around great guy, CrossX (RIP), he seemed knowledgeable, and I called him up to ask for advice and we talked for a long time, and he explained so many things to get me started in shooting, no charge of course. I kind of think of this as payback. An hour of a good lawyers time costs more than this...

All these. I was just getting reoriented to guns after a few years in MA, about to sign up for range membership at The Gun Parlor and just Googled to find their website. First I found NES and news breaking 48 hours prior that TGP had committed friendly fire on what would become my favorite ammo store, undermining 2A in MA for a shortsighted cash grab. You guys saved me from aiding those jokers.

Can't put a price on all the good advice I've found here since then. I'd be happy to support with a life membership once I'm able.

A lot of good in this thread. I'm green, and thankful. Before the summer is over, I'll add some cash to a couple of different coffers. The nra is the least of them though. I like to spend my money locally. It tends to have better results.

Thankyou NES.

*edit... Apparently it's easier to piss people off around here than I thought. I guess I'll have to stick to yearly, because I do tend to be a bit of an a**h***... Christian

Last edited:
This would have been a better thread to have before the price was set. That way Derek may have been better able to gauge interest at different price points. I would like to become a life member simply for the “cool factor” and to help out Derek who has done so much with NES. But I think $295 would have been more within my budget. I will continue to ponder this.

I just ponied up for the lifetime membership. I view it like I am supporting a LGS. Sites like this are invaluable for like minded individuals to shoot the breeze, plan get togethers and have some swap meets/sell stuff amongst members.
I also figure I could have spent the money on something a whole lot worse...like;
1. 1/2 of a Glock
2. A high point carbine (already own 2)
3. 8 bottles of of good bourbon (this was the toughest comparison).
4. 3x cases of Federal .223

So you can always keep going at $21 a year or you can help out keeping the site financially viable for the person who runs it.
Obviously, your financial state may vary, so if you can that's great, if not that's fine too.

So you can always keep going at $21 a year or you can help out keeping the site financially viable for the person who runs it.

So is this going to be the new war cry ? You know how people love to point out that if you aren't a "NES Member",you are a Liberal and hate guns ? Now it's going to be "Life Members" help keep the site financially viable,you people that pay $21 a year,well that's okay but we are much better than you.

So is this going to be the new war cry ? You know how people love to point out that if you aren't a "NES Member",you are a Liberal and hate guns ? Now it's going to be "Life Members" help keep the site financially viable,you people that pay $21 a year,well that's okay but we are much better than you.

Hope it doesn’t turn into that. I’m OK to continue as an annual member but I have no desire to drop 400.00 to be a lifer.

Hope it doesn’t turn into that. I’m OK to continue as an annual member but I have no desire to drop 400.00 to be a lifer.
This. I've been Green for several years, even bought a couple of memberships for others as karma, $400 is a lot of coin all at once.

To Greg's point: "Some people are more equal than others" would be a baa-aa-aa-aad thing.

Last edited:
It gives me a reason to live for another 18 years. I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth, lol. (just kidding of course.) NES is a wealth of information for me. Lots of free advice. If I had to break it down financially to justify it $1.83 a month is less than a cup of coffee, a magazine, one beer. Not to mention 216+ chances to win a new firearm included with that $1.83. Yeah it is a chunk up front but I don't ever have to worry about it. I don't judge people that aren't green or life members. It is none of my business what other people do with their money.

If NES was a charity it would be at the top of my donation list. Keeping it local. In today's political climate it is refreshing to hear sane opinions and see links to news stories that get buried by the main stream media.

People asked for an option for life membership, to be able pay up front. It is an option.

If you have a lifetime gym membership you get the same work out as the guy who pays monthly.

Last edited:
all right, you just got me wound up again. if my 21 bucks isn't helping keep the site financially viable then what the christ is it doing? cigarette money for derek? the home page says there are 45,947 members. not knowing how many green members there are, if a third are green @ $21/yearly, that's $321,629 it generates a year. does it cost a regional board over a quarter of a million to run yearly? i dunno.
Now it's going to be "Life Members" help keep the site financially viable,you people that pay $21 a year,well that's okay but we are much better than you.
yep, i see it coming. all of a sudden i feel my welcome is wearing thin. one thing i'm guilty of is writing how i really feel and i'd hate to see an us vs. them attitude develop here on top of all the issues gun owners have already. so if the lifers are supporting the rest of us it's the first time i've ever received welfare.

all right, you just got me wound up again. if my 21 bucks isn't helping keep the site financially viable then what the christ is it doing? cigarette money for derek? the home page says there are 45,947 members. not knowing how many green members there are, if a third are green @ $21/yearly, that's $321,629 it generates a year. does it cost a regional board over a quarter of a million to run yearly? i dunno.

yep, i see it coming. all of a sudden i feel my welcome is wearing thin. one thing i'm guilty of is writing how i really feel and i'd hate to see an us vs. them attitude develop here on top of all the issues gun owners have already. so if the lifers are supporting the rest of us it's the first time i've ever received welfare.

My favorite thing ever is shaky math.

You see it all the time in video games, not so much on regional gun message boards. But I think I can speak safely when I say, there is 0% chance your numbers are anywhere close to accurate.

The math is right, I just think he is talking about the estimate of 1/3 of the membership being green is wrong. I'd agree with that. Would be nice to know what the count is though.

A non scientific way is look at the Members Online Now on the homepage. Vastly more "guests" than members logged on when I just checked and 92 robots.... is this where SKYNET is slowly gathering intel??

upload_2018-7-25_13-40-15.png

show me the error of my ways, please.

The error of your ways are trying to say Derek is generating $320,000 a year in revenue from NES. I dont know how a sane person gets there, but good on you.
People come up with this Math the most frequently in video games. At the height of WoW, people had them making anywhere from 1 million a year to 8 trillion.

It sure looks that way, doesn't it.

Because of membership fees....Admin already has a house in the Hamptons,a 3k sq ft cottage in Weston,a mansion on Lake Winnapesaki,along with 3 Ferrari's ,a Land Cruiser,14 dogs,12 cats and a Gulfstream G5 that he uses to fly all the Mods in to Sweden where he has meetings about this website.

Now he is just being greedy.

I dont know how a sane person gets there, but good on you.
ok, I said IF 1/3rd are green...so, on the home page of this forum, it says there are 45,948 members. 15,316 is 1/3rd. green members pay $21, so 21.00 x 15,316 =...oh hell, you do the math.
The error of your ways are trying to say Derek is generating $320,000 a year in revenue from NES.
never said that. I can see how you think that, though. I took exception to people saying becoming a lifetime member helped the board financially like it was going under. hey, it might be, i'm not privy to that information. and whats more, if it was, and derek put out the call for donations, i'd certainly find a few bucks extra to kick in. and if the yearly membership fee was upped, I could live with that. it's been steady since I came onboard.

while i'm still wound, I don't care how much money the board generates or do I care where it goes. we're still on the air so somethings going right, it runs super smooth, we're generally free to speak our minds, the mods are cool and stay out of the fray unless we really go south, and we can't forget about shorty, who's all over our electronic issues like white on rice. and I have yet to engage a fellow member that I didn't like. everyone is a good person. 21 bucks well spent yearly and I've said that a few times.

i'm all in on life memberships if one is so inclined. I think I might have brought it up as a good idea a few years ago. but I also said i don't like some of the comments the alluded to "we'll pick up the slack for the rest of you." maybe that wasn't what was meant but some of us heard it that way. i'm happy people are able to pony up the dough, I really am. all right, i'm rambling and promise not to post in this thread anymore. I retired from it once but that didn't work well. end of story!

You're an idiot. If I was making 150K a year on NES I wouldn't be working a full time job and driving 300 miles round trip to Albany for work. Keep tossing bullshit out there.

Back
Top Bottom