re: NES Life Memberships now available

I paid more for my NRA Benefactor membership. All I got is some random mail and a lapel pin. I will try to save my coffee money and paid to get my NESer lifer. I set a goal to be a NES Lifer by 2019.

I paid more for my NRA Benefactor membership. All I got is some random mail and a lapel pin. I will try to save my coffee money and paid to get my NESer lifer. I set a goal to be a NES Lifer by 2019.
perhaps a discount for those with >10 years in already and retired?

I was contemplating the life membership but some of you are right. A few of the mods here are too touchy, one was so anti-Trump that he was banning supporters out of the mega-thread before the 2016 election. That is ridiculous. I received a warning once simply for posting a thread in General Discussion instead of Off-Topic(total accident). It was apparently too much just to move the thread.

perhaps a discount for those with >10 years in already and retired?

Discussing discounts, figured I would copy this here because the other thread was closed

RumRunner said:
I agree that it is well worth the money, as long as you plan on using it for long enough and not just a couple of years. It's been mentioned that the forum is worth more than the yearly cost to be green, and I agree there too. I'd be happy to become a life member, it's just not in the budget right now so I will continue to be green. I know it's a new option for life membership, but maybe in the future there will be more options for a payment plan of some sort to let your green memberships go towards a life membership. Maybe $100/yr for 4 years would be easier to get more lifetime members on board. Or have a slightly cheaper option without any of the swag. Or a discount for every year you have been green. Lots of possibilities to get more members onboard after the initial influx of lifers are done.

Discussing discounts, figured I would copy this here because the other thread was closed

A discount for LEO's ?

These days they're getting shot left and right, and the Politicians harass them.

It is a very tough job, IMHO.

Deserving of a Discount.

i'm a member who pays yearly. i'm honestly not sure if i'll be a member for 18 more years. i would be interested in springing for a tumbler or stickers if they were made available outside of the life membership deal.

Around here any "GUN STICKER" is an invitation to having your car keyed, or your home burglarized.

You got screwed.

Weren't they offering a LEATHER JACKET at one time ?

At least NES is not "Shadow-Banning" comments that have "unpleasant" content, or originate from "unpleasant" members.

I was contemplating the life membership but some of you are right. A few of the mods here are too touchy, one was so anti-Trump that he was banning supporters out of the mega-thread before the 2016 election. That is ridiculous. I received a warning once simply for posting a thread in General Discussion instead of Off-Topic(total accident). It was apparently too much just to move the thread.

Exactly. I to got moderated by a Never Trumper. Reported it and was told it would be taken care of. Removed the time but not the point. Same champion of youth and justice popped me two years later. Accused me of being habitual. Clearly a biased situation if ever there was one.

I find it interesting that in regards to infractions on this gun forum they treat offenders like MA treats those with misdafelonies. PP for life.

Admin aka Derek says that you have to be an ahole to get them and that may be so but in my time here 9 out 10 times a clear warning is given before a violation is issued. Most all of those I have seen banned continued to push and push hard after warned yet it seems some are not afforded this when given infractions. It is good to see this situation getting a little light...

This is a private forum under the freedom of speech disguise. If some individuals consider you are "unpleasant", then you will be banned. So if you worry that you will get banned, don't sign up for lifetime membership then. No one force you to sign up. Just pay whatever you think is worth your money. NRA, Comm2a, other forums... you don't have to be a sucker here, be a sucker somewhere else.

This site is well worth $21 a year. Of that there is no dispute. Regardless of the personal moderation issues I will enjoy this foum for years to come and will pay for it as long as I am able.

Now I just need to figure out how to score one of those lighters...

Will it be offered in 2019. I thought it said NES life memberships were only available for a limited time.

I see I wasn't the only one to do some "How much longer can I reasonably expect to live" math! ;) Wait! How old is Derek! LOL

NES seems solid. But I was on another great forum for years then the owner disappeared for about a year, came back and shut it down with no warning.

The swag is nice. Maybe they could sweeten the pot by adding a free Get Out of Jail (banning) card. Or 1 free infraction every 6 months. That would be totally worth it for some people.[devil2]

Still thinking about it. It's my slow season at work so cash is low.

Was that a FREE FORUM ?

Because I expect NES makes enough for it to be quite sellable.

I don't see it going anywhere for a very long time.

While I’m a big fan of lifetime memberships, I’m still mulling this one over. I’m not necessarily worried about the lifespan math. Even though I highly doubt I’ll be around in 19 years so I already don’t expect that part of the equation to work for me

I’ve been on a lot of forums that had huge daily visits and posts that just dried up and died.

At $200 it’d be an easier decision. That’s still almost 10 years of dues which is a long time in internet years.

I want to support this. It’s just a but if a tough financial commitment.

Were those free ?

I'll bet if NES ever came up for sale it would be quite desirable.

I think your estimate are not too far off. And maintaining a forum is not going to cost more than $10k a year, that's what I've been told by a web technician. Don't quote me on that though.

With so much text I'm guessing closer to 1K.

A great many busy forums are free. Even FaceBook is free (groan).

Apparently the ADVERTISING pays the bills.

I would not be surprised it the Advertising revenue on NES exceeds the dues.

BUT - none of my business.

At least NES is not "Shadow-Banning" comments that have "unpleasant" content, or originate from "unpleasant" members.
Holy Shit dude!!

You don’t back off on a topic. You got your answer here first. Proceeded to open the same subject in a new post that was shut down and now have returned to shit all over this one... again.

If I was you I’d be nervous about dropping 4 berries as well. You’ve been on the band bus elsewhere it seems.

With so much text I'm guessing closer to 1K.

A great many busy forums are free. Even FaceBook is free (groan).

Apparently the ADVERTISING pays the bills.

I would not be surprised it the Advertising revenue on NES exceeds the dues.

BUT - none of my business.
Its not the advertising that pays for FB, it's the information they gather about the users, that they sell, that pays for FB.

Lest you forget that the man running this show is a Marine.
NES will be here long after all those reading these words are taking the Big Dirt Nap...

Holy Shit dude!!

You don’t back off on a topic. You got your answer here first. Proceeded to open the same subject in a new post that was shut down and now have returned to shit all over this one... again.

If I was you I’d be nervous about dropping 4 berries as well. You’ve been on the band bus elsewhere it seems.

I don't know what I'm backing off on.

The Topic is NES Life Memberships now available

I've said nothing that is not complimentary concerning NES.

I've not even suggested $400 is too much, or that NES is making too much money. I'm a capitalist myself.

I've expressed my concern on how Lifetime Memberships (or Lifetime Warranties) are not always ironclad.

I've agreed with others that certain discounts might be nice, and suggested myself breaks for LEO and VETS.

That's about it, and I really don't have anything else to contribute on this subject.

So I'm not backing off, I'm just stopping.

And to be ON THE RECORD: NES is a great forum, with a vast pool of terrific people. I support the concept of a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP wholeheartedly.

I've not even suggested $400 is too much, or that NES is making too much money. I'm a capitalist myself.

I've expressed my concern on how Lifetime Memberships (or Lifetime Warranties) are not always ironclad.

I've agreed with others that certain discounts might be nice, and suggested myself breaks for LEO and VETS.

That's about it, and I really don't have anything else to contribute on this subject.

And to be ON THE RECORD: NES is a great forum, with a vast pool of terrific people. I support the concept of a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP wholeheartedly.

Perhaps getting off the f***ing soap box would be a start.

Suck it up cupcake. Join the annual membership like most here or bite the bullet and go life time but holy old dog bite I’m tired of reading your crying. Be a man and make a decision.

Pissing on Derek’s forum normally does not end well. It is his sand box. Don’t agree? Two choices... start your own or run with the rules.

If Admin hasn't banned me for the horrible names I've called him or for the incessant name calling of other NES'ers, most of y'all are probably safe.

There HAVE been some odd disappearances over time, but most have been pretty clear examples of people that deliberately and repeatedly pushed past boundaries of decent behavior. Oh, and one suicide by moderator.

I don't plan to do it, but it makes sense for the younger crowd, IF you're enjoying your time here and plan to stick around.

If Admin hasn't banned me for the horrible names I've called him or for the incessant name calling of other NES'ers, most of y'all are probably safe.

There HAVE been some odd disappearances over time, but most have been pretty clear examples of people that deliberately and repeatedly pushed past boundaries of decent behavior. Oh, and one suicide by moderator.

I don't plan to do it, but it makes sense for the younger crowd, IF you're enjoying your time here and plan to stick around.
If the suicide by moderator was a few weeks ago I might have a screen-shot of that.

Like asaltweapon said...

And like my 8 year old once told me when I went off on a dumbass driver and was ranting: "Daddy, stop noising!"

Back
Top Bottom