re: NES Life Memberships now available

Too much to charge. Sorry, your intentions are maybe good, but too much. Maybe $250 but even that is stretching it. And the give away merchandise seems like crap. Just like the shit the NRA tries to entice us with. The kind of junk that, if we really wanted or needed it, we would already have.

Thanks though.

God Bless Ya Smokey!
yep, that and 395 bucks gets him a life membership.

$395.00? I'm 80 yrs old, any discount?
I hear ya, smokey. i'm 66 and guess i'll continue to pay as I go, or live, as the case may be. and hell, a lot of the old timers here from the formative years don't even have their $21 green light lit.

Of course it's not for everyone, but those of us who know what it was like in the days before NES and the internet, know just how important a Resource NES is.

If you are pre-internet, you generally got all your gun/ammo help from one of a couple of ways;
A relative, a magazine/book, or your Uncle Sam. Or, you learned the hard way what not to clean a blued wheelgun with or what the best powder was for a full-house .44 magnum.

Knowledge is Power and NES is Knowledge.

I joined, and I'm just waiting for the check to show up and clear.

In the end it's all just blood and treasure...

~Matt

Of course it's not for everyone, but those of us who know what it was like in the days before NES and the internet, know just how important a Resource NES is.

If you are pre-internet, you generally got all your gun/ammo help from one of a couple of ways;
A relative, a magazine/book, or your Uncle Sam. Or, you learned the hard way what not to clean a blued wheelgun with or what the best powder was for a full-house .44 magnum.

~Matt

Yup. Uncle Sam taught me initially. Then Guns n Ammo magazine and old timers. Now we have 1000's of NES experts.

Too much to charge. Sorry, your intentions are maybe good, but too much. Maybe $250 but even that is stretching it. And the give away merchandise seems like crap. Just like the shit the NRA tries to entice us with. The kind of junk that, if we really wanted or needed it, we would already have.

Thanks though.
[thinking]

Thanks though.
I dunno, having Dereck calling several times a week like the nra, would be pleasant to some. Ahem namedpipes.

i'll tell you what...ya don't get this much entertainment over at the glock and ruger boards! and all for 21 bucks yet. lol

~Matt

agreed--- as someone late to the shooting sports i've learned a s**t ton from NES. if i was 20 years younger i'd do it. and as someone else mentioned the give-aways are crap?? actually look pretty good

See, I don't look at it as Time:Money.

I see it as a way of ensuring a Gun Rights Voice in a time when We are attacked on all sides. A punch-in-the-face of Liberalism.
The children of the Members here, and their children, need to know what we know... and why we know it.

Servers cost money, Administration costs money, electricity...

I see this as a commitment. A commitment to Our Future...
~Matt

Back
Top Bottom