Range pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is NOT complaint... but i love it when i show up with all the black evil guns and the FUDD's pack their stuff and leave. if you want the range to yourself, bring Dench [laugh] [rofl]

Sorry dude,AR15's are mainstream and no longer considered evil..They jumped the shark when people started painting them pink for their wives.

On the other hand,the look of disgust from the AR fanbois and girls when I bring out the AK is priceless,especially when it ejects casings about 30 feet....** it's a sure way to clear everything to your right and make new friends at the range.[smile]

Disclaimer: Just kidding,I always shoot my AK's to the right of anybody on the line.I'm an a**h***,but not that much of one.[smile]

Last edited:
Only one really - people who shoot up target frames. Sometimes it seems like I have to pick through 10 frames just to find one that isn't literally falling apart because it is riddled with so many bullet holes. What I can't figure out is so inaccurate a shooter that they keep hitting the frame itself. This seems to happen primarily on the pistol range, which has stations at 7.5 and 15 yards. At those distances you can't keep your shots with a 2 x 3 foot area? Again, we're not talking about an occasional flyer, the frames are literally riddled with holes. We even have a series of steel plates you can set up, so if you want to shoot rapid fire, use those. And we have a big frame if you want to pattern your shotgun. The funny thing is that I can't figure out who is doing this. I usually seem the same group of guys at the range all of whom are safe, experienced shooters.

They're shooting AKs.

You are right EC,everyone should own an AR..They aren't evil and black anymore,they are pink and pretty.

barbie15side.jpg

[smile]

Last edited:
Damn, that pisses me off... More so when I show up at the range at 7 am to get ready for a class...and I have to spend extra time cleaning up all the brass that wasn't swept up from the night before...since the kids started shooting, that hasn't been a problem. But it used to be that way. Or, just because we're teaching a class and we're going through quite a bit of .22...doesn't mean that I'm going to clean up after you and your run of a brick of .22 in your 10-22. Problem is we do...because I can't just leave it there...as most people know that we're there Sat morning and I don't want them thinking that it was us that didn't clean up after ourselves.

I was a at range a few months back with an NRA instructor. When we finished shooting we of course started picking up all of our brass, but as I'm hunched over trying to locate all of the 22lr that we shot, he says "Just get the 45, don't worry about the 22." It seemed a little strange, but it was his range and being a noob I didn't say anything. Pretty lame, I know.

I know there was a thread regarding this a while back but I can't find it and wanted to rant.

One of my biggest pet peeves at the range is people who feel the range rules don't apply to them because they are either some type of LEO, or teaching a class. [angry]

Often you'll see them at Sippican on the 50 yard range standing about half way to the berm (25 yards) shooting handguns when the pistol range is right next door and is 25 yards from the firing line. Or my favorite, setting up a shooting station on the 100 yard range about 25 yards from the berm.

I don't get it! if you wanna shoot handguns up close, use the 25 yard handgun range, if you wanna shoot rifles at 50 yards, use the 50 yard plinking range.

I witnessed this type of shit last thursday when I saw a group of people hogging up the 50 yard range teaching a girl how to shoot. Cut off time there is currently 6pm, but as I was leaving at 6 I could still hear them blasting away. [rolleyes]

Maybe they should hire Jesse's Girlfriend as a range officer. As long as she's wearing that Tee Shirt I'm sure everyone will behave [smile] .

Not complaining but when a fellow member shows up, he takes his lane far away from me (indoor range). His first shot just about shakes the building! WTH was that? WOW what a blast it sounds like a howitzer going off! [shocked] He then shoots rapid fire.

I love going to the range with Depicts.....the smell of burning gunpowder gives me flashbacks of being in combat.[smile]

It gives you a warm-fuzzy feeling of comfort, much like the smell of burning leaves in the fall.

(To bad they have outlawed burning leaves here in Mass.)[sad]

easy there cowboy [wink]

you'll scare the sheep!

I love going to the range with Depicts.....the smell of burning gunpowder gives me flashbacks of being in combat.[smile]

It gives you a warm-fuzzy feeling of comfort, much like the smell of burning leaves in the fall.

(To bad they have outlawed burning leaves here in Mass.)[sad]

pet peeve of mine?

miculek aka "mile kick" muzzle breaks! seriously? its 5.56 / .223, not a eFFing .50 cal.

[rofl]

Not having enough time to spend there. [smile]

As for trigger locks, most can be removed without a key if you know how. I taught the guy at the local Dick's lodge how the other day. He had a $2k shotgun with a trigger lock that he didn't have the key to.

Pocket knife; never leave home without it. [wink]

So, that guy who intrudes on my private shotgun range is jdubois? [Angry2]

[laugh] I often see folks pull up while I'm there and then drive away, presumably because somebody is on the range. It's not like we couldn't share... Course these days there's usually only one trap working, if that. I don't know what the heck people are doing to the traps to mangle them so badly. I'm still trying to figure out a decent spot to set up a trap on my land over there near HSC that's at least 500 feet from a house. Unfortunately, the only place that would work is on the side of a steep hill.

Last edited:
I hate when I show up at my own private shotgun range at HSC and somebody else actually has the gaul to be on it. Luckily it doesn't happen very often [wink].
Was that you? You bastard... [laugh]

jduois said:
often see folks pull up while I'm there and then drive away, presumably because somebody is on the range. It's not like we couldn't share...
Two responses come to mind:

a. Could be they see you flailing around wildly and don't feel safe...

b. They were planning on tossing various contraband into the air (other than clays) and didn't want any witnesses...

[rofl2]

Last edited:

As for trigger locks, most can be removed without a key if you know how. I taught the guy at the local Dick's lodge how the other day. He had a $2k shotgun with a trigger lock that he didn't have the key to.

It wasn't a trigger lock but instead a cable lock run through the reciever and the mag well. I ended up smashing the cable with a hammer lol.

Wanna know what's a crime? Whoever defaced that work of art by painting it that color... ought to have his ass removed.
Clint Eastwood

Give me 1 hello kitty over the lame alternative any day.

Paint it what ever it takes to show the light.

Abbey???

pet peeve of mine?

miculek aka "mile kick" muzzle breaks! seriously? its 5.56 / .223, not a eFFing .50 cal.

[rofl]

Are you complaining because the shockwave from the brake causes your newport to self extinguish? [rofl]

-Mike

the only thing that ever bothered me at any range was when my girlfriend was treated poorly by their staff. A curmudgeon old man basically kept belittling and harrassing her when she kept showing up to the range to try to get her gun safety course certificate. Happened multiple times, even in front of me when I went with her because she felt awful when it happened.

Needless to say, that club won't see another penny of my money. Such a shame when I live so close to it and when all the other staff is very kind and knowledgeful.

You can mess with me all you want, but you leave the lady alone. And no, I don't give you a "free pass" for being old. You've had more time on this earth to wise up and learn something.

and the worst part- she never did get her cert. because they kept misplacing it.. or something.

When the sun sets too early and I don't have enough time to shoot after work. Stupid sun! I can't bring my stuff to work either since they won't allow it, so I have to drive all the way back home, have enough energy left to load up the truck, then drive back to the range. That's 25 minutes each way, and I actually work right next to the range too.

I had this happen a few times...

Some guy drives up to the range and sets up his shit,then immediately goes down the line asking for a clear as soon as someone hesitates between a shot.Goes to the next person and does the same thing,all the way down the line.I have seen the same person do this 3 times at HSC..

Look,the whole range IS NOT on your schedule and the world doesn't stop once you grace the range with your presence.Nobody gives a damn if you got permission from H6 to go shooting for exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes until you have to run back home and help the wife color match drapes while watching On Golden Pond..You wait patiently like everybody else until they are done shooting and then ask for a clear..Sometimes it might be 20 minutes until it is clear..

Other than that,nothing bothers me at the range.[smile]

Don't kids being at the range bother you too? [wink][smile]

When the sun sets too early and I don't have enough time to shoot after work. Stupid sun! I can't bring my stuff to work either since they won't allow it, so I have to drive all the way back home, have enough energy left to load up the truck, then drive back to the range. That's 25 minutes each way, and I actually work right next to the range too.

Can you lock your guns in your truck, leave it at the range and walk to work?

Between my wife, daughter and myself we must have at least fifty plus trigger & cable locks. All combination locks that can be reset to any combo you want. I have all the keyed lock's that came with the gun's in a box somewhere. Maybe I should do a Karma [hmmm] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom