Range pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that ask "is that pre-ban?"

Bring a clandestinely blocked Magpul P-mag with you, and see if they have a heart attack. [rofl] I hate that s**t. I know the laws but I don't go around bothering people in public about them... it's just f**ing rude. Living in this state is bad enough, being constantly reminded about it while you're out shooting is, IMHO, "over the line".

The worst are the handgun compliance numbskulls. "I thought Glocks were illegal in MA.." [rolleyes]

-Mike

.22 shooters that don't bother picking up their brass. Police your brass arsehole, just because you can't reload it doesn't mean you get to leave it on the damned ground.

The worst are the handgun compliance numbskulls. "I thought Glocks were illegal in MA.." [rolleyes]

-Mike

HAHAHAHA

I had a cop tell me that if he ever sees me with my HK he's going to arrest me for having an illegal handgun in MA. I told him that I would welcome it...I can use the money. He looked at me because he didn't understand. I just said whatever... He wasn't happy, but I learned that I don't have the time to argue with know it all's that don't want to learn.

I hate people who complain that my AR is too loud. It's a F#cking gun range, of course it's loud there.

I also don't like the guys that leave their 22lr brass all over the place. Especially in the winter when I where boots. I end up with like 10 of em' stuck in the treads.

I hate people who complain that my AR is too loud. It's a F#cking gun range, of course it's loud there.

One of rare occasions I lit off my .45 Win Mag, I startled the used food outta some of the other people there, no one complained though. [devil]

People who use target frames and target frame stands as the actual target (too cheap to buy a damn piece of paper???).

People who don't clean up after themselves.

I had this happen a few times...

Some guy drives up to the range and sets up his shit,then immediately goes down the line asking for a clear as soon as someone hesitates between a shot.Goes to the next person and does the same thing,all the way down the line.I have seen the same person do this 3 times at HSC..

Look,the whole range IS NOT on your schedule and the world doesn't stop once you grace the range with your presence.Nobody gives a damn if you got permission from H6 to go shooting for exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes until you have to run back home and help the wife color match drapes while watching On Golden Pond..You wait patiently like everybody else until they are done shooting and then ask for a clear..Sometimes it might be 20 minutes until it is clear..

Other than that,nothing bothers me at the range.[smile]

HAHAHAHA

I had a cop tell me that if he ever sees me with my HK he's going to arrest me for having an illegal handgun in MA. I told him that I would welcome it...I can use the money. He looked at me because he didn't understand. I just said whatever... He wasn't happy, but I learned that I don't have the time to argue with know it all's that don't want to learn.

I guess I have the same predicament as you as I only carry "illegal" guns LOL

When you go down range to change a target, turn around to head back up range and realize someone is handling their firearm or sighting it in on a target. Then when speaking to them about the situation, the response is typically along the lines is "its unloaded" or the best yet "its just a .22LR" nothing to worry about.... I take the fifth to posting my response/reaction on the web....

That is why I belong to the Westwood gun club, no clicks, dicks or range bag lawyers . Just a nice place to go and enjoy the shooting sport.

I tend to get ticked at the guy with a 22lr that sets up one pellet gun target at 100 yards, drops 15 rounds into his tube magazine, and wants to run downrange after each shot to check the target and circle the hole...even after I so generously offer the services of my spotting scope.

1. Ranges that restrict use to "ro supervised only" hours for members at private clubs and do not allow self service.

2. Clubs that do not give members a key or card key to the clubhouse.

3. Rules that the club members would universally protest if imposed on them by a police chief (such as "no carry on club property", "never load more than X rounds in your gun", etc.)

4. Club officials who take a heavy handed approach rather than first attempting to elicit cooperation. The best one I heard directed at a member when visiting a club was "You had better think very carefully how you respond because all it takes is one word from to to throw you out of this club" (the member had committed the offense of letting a guest test fire a gun he was trying to sell)

You don't need to go to the range for that. Go to Northeast Traders and ask them for a holster for a Glock 30.

Better yet, I should ask for a holster for my G30SF. That'd prolly make ted pop a blood vessel. [rofl]

-Mike

I've read this whole thread.

No offense to anyone, but you guys are a bunch of over sensitive pussies. Throw a box of Light Days (with wings) into your range bags and call it good. Seriously.

No offense to anyone, but you guys are a bunch of over sensitive pussies. Throw a box of Light Days (with wings) into your range bags and call it good. Seriously.

I'll admit some of the stuff I've read is petty and can be handled by just telling someone not to do it.

As for my original point... I guess being range president at Shirley you don't have to deal with the cops showing up and camping out half way down range.

I'll admit some of the stuff I've read is petty and can be handled by just telling someone not to do it.

As for my original point... I guess being range president at Shirley you don't have to deal with the cops showing up and camping out half way down range.

I just shoot around them.

My only complaint/worry is when I show up at the rifle range and fellow club members shooting are obviously drunk/getting drunk and are knocking down tree branches 15 feet above the berm at 200 yards. I tend to just ignore them (after a friendly wave 5 stations away) but I won't go downrange to set up targets unless the drunk shooters also go forward of me and I'm (pretty) sure they are unarmed. Other than that, it's usually all good.

I have to say that I am a newb but I have had a BLAST at the ranges that I have been to. Great people, let you use their rifles, guns....helpful and really nice. Of course the two ranges I have been to have been with members of NES. You guys are great! Thank You All!

I just shoot around them.

Shirley, you can't be serious? [wink]

Last edited:
I had this happen a few times...

Some guy drives up to the range and sets up his shit,then immediately goes down the line asking for a clear as soon as someone hesitates between a shot.Goes to the next person and does the same thing,all the way down the line.I have seen the same person do this 3 times at HSC..

Look,the whole range IS NOT on your schedule and the world doesn't stop once you grace the range with your presence.Nobody gives a damn if you got permission from H6 to go shooting for exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes until you have to run back home and help the wife color match drapes while watching On Golden Pond..You wait patiently like everybody else until they are done shooting and then ask for a clear..Sometimes it might be 20 minutes until it is clear..

Other than that,nothing bothers me at the range.[smile]

i didn't have a baby sitter that day.... [angry2]

[rofl]

this is NOT complaint... but i love it when i show up with all the black evil guns and the FUDD's pack their stuff and leave. if you want the range to yourself, bring Dench [laugh] [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom