Pocket Carry Mace/Pepper Spray - What do you got?

Yeah it has a smaller quantity of spray compared with others, but its convenient size and shape makes it more likely to be carried. Sort of like the pocket pistol vs the 1911.

Understood. I’ve given spray to every family member and I don’t think one of them ever carries it or is sitting buried somewhere in the bottom of a purse if they do. Can’t disagree with your thinking. 👍🏻

I’ve got Fox Labs “Mean Green.” I just ordered it from Midway USA after people on the other thread you may or may not be referencing said you couldn’t order it from Amazon. Well they were out of the highest rated pepper spray, so I bought this one. I’ve never used it, it came last weekend. But if I attend a counter-protest at Beacon hill over our guns in February and hose down a couple nit-wits I’ll let you know how it runs :p

View attachment 384585

I have the "white lightning" version. UV dye instead of green. When this expires ill be moving to the "5.3 squared (2)" version.

Gel has been around for a long time. It is not aerosolized. It comes out as a stream of gel. So it must hit someones face. A spray will cover a greater area, and can blow back to you.
There is also a stream, I assume it's closer to a spray but with wider aperture. All 3 come in pocket versions with flip top safety cap.
I remember reading that with a gel or foam the “recipient” could swipe some off their face and redirect it back to you.

Understood. I’ve given spray to every family member and I don’t think one of them ever carries it or is sitting buried somewhere in the bottom of a purse if they do. Can’t disagree with your thinking. 👍🏻

Same. I keep telling them to carry it on their person and easily accessible, not buried in their pocketbook or backpack. They just don’t get it.

Same. I keep telling them to carry it on their person and easily accessible, not buried in their pocketbook or backpack. They just don’t get it.

Ya it’s frustrating. By the time they even realize that they may need it the situation will already be over and there it will still sit, unused, nozzle packed with dust bunnies and makeup, somewhere in a bottomless pocketbook.

Anyone know who will ship Sabre Frontiersman bear spray to MA?
Pm me if anyone can help me out with this. I just ordered from some place that said it was in stock. Then got another email saying it would ship September 30. :rolleyes:
Any other high-volume fire extinguisher type blast teargas spray considered as well. Thanks

What is that? I can definitely see myself buying

Looks like this. Galls won't ship to non-LE, but many other vendors do.

[Edit] - Looks like a reputable vendor. Might grab a can tonight for the vehicle.

Last edited:
Just grabbed some extra.
SG won't ship anything to MA. They were one of the first to sign the cease & desist order from AG Harshbarger back in the day. Read their voluminous list of shipping restrictions. Here's the pertinent part:
"Pepper Spray
Cannot be shipped to Washington, D.C.; CA; Crawford County or Dennison, IA; Chicago, IL; MA; NY;
Canada; or Puerto Rico."

No doubt you'll get a cancellation of your order unless you had it shipped to another state.

Sabre red is good stuff. I've been carrying it for years. Thankfully I haven't had to use it.

This is a solid idea. I certainly need some. Fun story when i was 10-12 ish. I had a friend and his mum had what turned out to be pepper spray on her keychain. I did not know what it was, and being the nosey little bastard i was, i was curious. I popped a quick spray in the air and whiffed that cloud in. That day i learned to ask questions first when unsure. Eventually, better yet, to mind my own business. Im curious by nature, which has in fact caused me pain on more than one occasion.

SG won't ship anything to MA. They were one of the first to sign the cease & desist order from AG Harshbarger back in the day. Read their voluminous list of shipping restrictions. Here's the pertinent part:
"Pepper Spray
Cannot be shipped to Washington, D.C.; CA; Crawford County or Dennison, IA; Chicago, IL; MA; NY;
Canada; or Puerto Rico."

No doubt you'll get a cancellation of your order unless you had it shipped to another state.

Sabre red is good stuff. I've been carrying it for years. Thankfully I haven't had to use it.

It’s no fun unless you get to use it. We used to spray each other just for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
Seeing this thread made me think I should order something. Couldn't find any large size of anything ordered four of these. I carry some little pink thing in my pocket. I think it's Sabre brand. I bought a bunch of them a few years back, To give out When they dropped the requirement for Fid. Screenshot_20200831-224229.png

Did you guys test it at all? I bought one too a while back, with an inert tester. Being someone that’s used pepper spray extensively, i was wildly under impressed with its force, distance and the amount of spray before it dribbled dry. It’s kind of a one shot hope it works deal. I won’t carry mine anymore. Went back to a normal size canister.

so what you’re saying is, you prefer your discharge to have both distance and volume, got it...

POM is good for small and unassuming, I’ve sold a few. I’ve heard good things about Sabre red and Fox, but have only tried a face full of POM so far. Plan to try the others at some point for comparison. It’s certainly not large or particularly powerful, but the form factor is good.

Back
Top Bottom