Please,every gun owner read this post!!

There is something about the long, rambling, run-on paragraph and writing style of the OP that I find troubling. It is full of emotion, alleged facts that have no meaning, and an edginess that makes me wonder...

If he is trying to convince a group of rational, reasonable human beings to listen to his story and arguments, he should start with a rational, reasonable writing style, indisputable facts, coherent arguments and a professional tone. We as a group want responsible folks to have their second amendment rights protected. But the OP's initial salvo here does not warm me up at all to his plight.

I'm really sorry for what happened to the OP, but after reading his confusing string of consciousness I really wonder where the truth sits.

Best,

Rich

I've always felt it was a sign of intelligence to extract useful information from less than perfect data. But that's just me......

Yeah, we really should cut this guy some slack. None of us here, except Mr. Vezina and the officers there that night, know what really happened. I can't bring myself to condemn the police in this situation, simply because I don't know what truly happened. But I don't really need to know in order to lend support to a fellow gun owner. If the guy isn't telling the truth, that'll come out in the end. But until that point, we should stick together as gun owners.

Darkstorm, my advice is first, I'm not sure you want to be going into the details here in this forum. Any time you've got legal issues pending, it's better to keep your mouth shut. And second, hang in there!

Last edited:
It sucks to be in the OP's situation. It shouldn't have ever happened.

Let the person among us who hasn't had at least one crazy ex cast the first stone.

Darkstorm, my advice is first, I'm not sure you want to be going into the details here in this forum. Any time you've got legal issues pending, it's better to keep your mouth shut. And second, hang in there!

I agree with jdubois's statement. Please be careful. And good luck- this whole situation sounds awful :(

Mr. Vezina,

I sit here at my desk in utter amazement by this thread and the original which sparked it. I had missed the original post and am just blown away at all that has happened to you. This is not America - not my America. I wish for you all the best to regain rights which should have never been trampled. I will not apologize for others who have posted here - their thoughts are their own. However, I will say that there are many here who support your cause and we hope you'll stay around....If there's anything I can do on my end, please send me a PM. I have little to offer other than a few dollars toward your legal defense and my support as a gun owner and a disillusioned American citizen....Take care and good luck.

Mark

I recognize that my position is not popular and accept that. I sometimes have a contrary point of view. I go by gut instinct a lot. And I do listen to and value all your strong opinions on this matter.

And I fully accept any neg rep points that folks deem appropriate... I just wish the person had the balls to identify themselves. That is not so cool.

Rich

Yikes! I just got through the original story and this thread. Mr. Vezina, welcome to NES, even if it's under less than ideal circumstances. Thank you for posting this it is a real eye opener. You hear about how these types of things "could" happen all the time in MA, but to hear it first hand is a whole other thing. Yikes!

Also, the last time I checked, the 2A didn't require a grammar or composition exam.

Darkstorm, I feel for you. I find it hard to believe all this can precipitate from one out-of-state phone call.

I hope you're able to work this thing out, eventually.

Welcome to the board, and let me know how I can support you.

Christ, sometimes you people make us look like a**h***s.
We have over 7000 members here, only about 1/10th of which are/were active (>100 posts). I wonder how many of the other 6,000 left after their first post wasn't up to the experts' standards. Keep up the good work guys.
One of my best friends in So. Maine is one of those 6000. He has his own rifle range on his property, gets at least one deer a year, and has been reloading for almost 40 years. He is a decent older guy who is very knowledgeable about reloading and shooting and has taught the ins and outs to many a newcomer to this fine sport. His only downfall was he actually does these things and because of that he doesn't sit around and use a keyboard that often. His lack of practice on a keyboard was pointed out to him in a less than friendly manner on one of his first post. He hasn't been back since. Pushing away other gun owners from NES violates one of the cardinal rules of RTBA. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. [cheers]

Let the person among us who hasn't had at least one crazy ex cast the first stone.
Talk about hitting the nail on the head.[cheers]

One of my best friends in So. Maine is one of those 6000. He has his own rifle range on his property, gets at least one deer a year, and has been reloading for almost 40 years. He is a decent older guy who is very knowledgeable about reloading and shooting and has taught the ins and outs to many a newcomer to this fine sport. His only downfall was he actually does these things and because of that he doesn't sit around and use a keyboard that often. His lack of practice on a keyboard was pointed out to him in a less than friendly manner on one of his first post. He hasn't been back since. Pushing away other gun owners from NES violates one of the cardinal rules of RTBA. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. [cheers]

Talk about hitting the nail on the head.[cheers]

+1

One phone call. One friggin' phone call and then everything's upside down. Just amazing.

In some towns and some states this would be handled any number of different ways. Other places they'll send an SRT team and then harass the heck out of you after the fact.

It seems that there's so many more actual facts that need to be known, and, remember, this isn't just an internet story for entertainment, this is real sh*t with a real person involved. And that person could be any firearm owner(including simple old Fud's like me.)

On the surface from what's in both threads this is just bizarre and a true shame that someone has to endure this.

I'll bet that if this were in a number of different towns in MA this might not even be an issue. And, I know that in some other states it definitely wouldn't be an issue.

I think the combination of the legal/political climate at the town(read: CLEO), and state level in mass lend themselves to these type of events occurring.

If this individual were an actual 'criminal' with a criminal history he'd probably have been treated with a lot more sensitivity.

The real lesson here and thing to consider is that this could happen to absolutely any one. Vindictive Ex, pissed off co-worker, nasty neighbor, cashier at the grocery store etc.

How do you disprove a negative?? You can't. And essentially this is the position that the police are putting people into. There appear to be no consequences for the "whistle blower"/ concern citizen.

Darkstorm:
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. Let it serve as a warning to the rest of us about how the State has a total lack of regard for our rights.

Also get on starting one of these so we can help you fight this in a meaningful way.
|
|
|
\/
If some wants to start a defense fund I'll put in $100

Fred

I'm with E.C. on this one, and as another poster pointed out the veracity or lack thereof of Mr. Vezina's story will come to the forefront in time.

I think that as a group we are a bit edgy these days about a lot of things, most of which are beyond our control and we tend to vent behind our screens.

The most horrible aspect of this whole situation is that one is presumed guilty without any due process, based on the whim of a police chief, and the allegations of someone who may have a personal ax to grind with someone. Even if Mr. Vezina is vindicated, the damage is done, and his local police chief could still find him to be an "unsuitable person."

Mark056

Darkstorm:
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your story. Let it serve as a warning to the rest of us about how the State has a total lack of regard for our rights.

Also get on starting one of these so we can help you fight this in a meaningful way.
|
|
|
\/

+1

Get a legal defense fund started, and I'm sure there will be quite a few lurkers on these threads that want to chip in to help without getting in on a debate about something where we don't know the details.

To those diagnosing through grammar and syntax: this reads like any typical stream of consciousness writing, which is a very common writing style in many corners of the net. A manic phase is much, much more than an emotional reaction when one is warranted. We should not frown on the normal range of human emotion, nor extrapolate from a single data point. I know we're trying to figure out how this could happen, and putting too much meaning where it may not be deserved. We'd all like to think that this couldn't happen without a good reason. And that is no dig on the OP. It's too scary to acknowledge the other scenario, even if we post about it constantly.

Welcome darkstorm.

I wonder too... I wonder what-the-F people are thinking sometimes.

Here's some poor guy that had his door kicked in by the Gestapo, his guns stolen, his character questioned, his permit yanked, and his finances drained because a vindictive ex decided to screw with him.

After a time, he finds out about NortheastShooters (probably from either Jon Green or that lawyer in Framingham), comes here, does a search, and finds an old thread where a bunch of Internet "experts" were talking shit about him based on an article in the local press. (Which is always 100% accurate, right?).

He comes here and makes his first post. First post. For all we know, it was his first post on any Internet forum ever. And this first post came after reading a thread where people talked shit about him.

And what happens?

A couple of more "experts" critique his writing style!! One even goes so far as to offer a bipolar diagnosis, and another accuses him of being off his meds!

Christ, sometimes you people make us look like a**h***s. Thanks for pissing me off first thing in the morning.

We have over 7000 members here, only about 1/10th of which are/were active (>100 posts). I wonder how many of the other 6,000 left after their first post wasn't up to the experts' standards. Keep up the good work guys.

As for you [popcorn] posters, it was funny the first time, and gets a little less so every time it's posted.

Sorry for the hijack Robert. Good luck getting your permit back. PM me if there's anything I can do to help.

Well said. +1 rep point coming your way. ( I'd give more if I could)

Rich,
It is to bad my writing is not up to your standards. I could copy word for word all the reports however I'm trying to put a "human" spin on this matter. And for the record,I am not now,nor ever have been on any "meds" as you put it. However,thank-you for your comments. I only hope one day you go through what I am. Maybe you ought to stay on your meds if you can't follow this story. What is not in the police report would fill volumes.

I want to apologize to darkstorm for the comment on meds and manic. It was not proper of me to do so.

Sincerely,

Rich

To Darkstorm -

Keep up the good fight my friend. We are behind you. What happened to you is not something I would want to have happen to any of us. Again my support goes out to you. If there is anything we can do please drop us a followup here.

I'd also like to apologize for jumping to conclusions before the facts are known.

Count me in on any legal defense fund that gets started.

Having a crazy ex is no reason to have your guns confiscated. Regardless of the OP's mental state at the time- I don't know what it was, and I don't care-- being suicidal is NOT a reason for being detained against your will. We all should be free to decide if and when we want to leave this world without agents of the State kicking in our doors to stop us.

Same Story

I guy I used to work w/had a similar situation. His ex-wife called him to come over and babysit for their kid while she went out for something. The guy is sitting in the house watching the Bruins game when he see`s a bunch of cruisers pull up in front of the house w/lights flashing. Next thing he hears is "Vinnie, come out with your hands up". He opens the door to see 5 cops he knows. Seems the ex-bitch called the cops and said he was acting strange and had said he might hurt himself. Cops took him away and wife got a temporary restraining order. Cops took all his guns. When I worked w/him he was still fighting the courts to get the restraining order lifted. He had spent over $10,000. in legal fees. Every time the restraining order was set to run out the ex-bitch would go to court. All she had to tell the judge was she was afraid of him. Never any domestic violence, no proof. BOHICA!

I dont mean to hijack this thread .

I wish you the best of Luck Darkstorm

But my question is what are your rights if they show up at your door for a mental well ness check (AKA BULLSHIT REASON) and you refuse to let them into your house ?

Wouldnt a Mental Wellness Check give them Probable Cause ?

If it did give them pc then any type of checking at your house would then give them pc , Suspicious Person , Loud Noises , ect ect ect .

See where im going .

Back
Top Bottom