• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH- SB88 Veto over ride vote Sept 7.

It's really most effective if you just email your own reps. Mailing people who you can't even vote for will lose the message in the noise.

Sure - email your reps. I did. I just emailed everyone else too. It can't count against us...

[edit] And actually, I'm already getting emails from representatives outside my district saying they plan to vote for the override.

Last edited:
When e-mailng NH representatives, you may want to include the following helpful link:

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2011/09/veto_overridden_senate_bill_88_now_goes.html

Please ask your representatives to read it over because Attorney Penny Dean factually disproves the constantly-repeated lie that "this is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist" and in Governor Lynch's own words,"Supporters of the SB 88 have not been able to identify a single case in New Hampshire where someone has been wrongly prosecuted for using deadly force to protect themselves or others."

New Hampshire definitely does have a problem with the state engaging in what is a malicious, agenda-driven prosecution of citizens who use firearms for self defense. Ward Bird may be the case that became the rallying cry for this much-needed legal reform, but there have been a lot "Ward Birds" before him.

How many people here have heard about Joseph Brown, or Phillip Tufano, or Stuart Urie, or Eric Buck, or Carolyn Hutchins? All of them were violently attacked, all of them defended themselves with a firearm under circumstances that were clearly justified (in some cases no shots were even fired), and all were still prosecuted by the State of New Hampshire for doing so.

This isn't over until the SB 88 becomes law. There will almost certainly be more of Governor Lynch's "walking tours", and press conferences where he'll keep implying the state hasn't ever prosecuted anyone for self-defense. Maybe it's time someone ask Mr. Lynch to explain all these cases where that's already happened.

Last edited:
Researching new candidates to replace traitors of the constitution is a pain in the butt, still worth it, though.

not that hard if you watch them on a regular basis
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/members/housevotingrecords.aspx
my district has 7 reps and 1 senator I only need to watch 8 local people then on the fed level there are just a few more, find a few issues you have a stake in and you find out real quick who the dirtbags are.
for example Sean Coughlin in Hillsboro District 6 out of 221 Votes he did not vote 124 times
Despite his normal votes that are pro liberty he is rarely there and doesn't get back to his constituents at least he didn't respond to my email when I asked for a response

WOOHOO! God I love this state! Now if we can just get rid of guvna flinch...

A little history on Mark Lindsley, Mark is Distingushed with both rifle and pistol, Retired Henniker Police Officer and Firearms Trainer. He is also retired USMC Sgt. Maj.
Mark and I email and speak on a regular basis, He is a good friend of mine. With all that he is a stand up guy.

Is he also a Henniker retired LEO?

I think he went Distingushed on his own. I am not sure, if he gets the badge marked US or U.S. Marine Corps.

As long as he earned at least 10 points while in the Marines he has earned the USMC badges. His profile has them, I shot him a note. Thanks for the heads up.

As expected... GO NH! [thumbsup]

Now when do we storm Flinch's palace and boil them all in oil?

I can't think of a more FU stance to the people he SERVES then vetoing a bill which clearly had veto proof majority behind it to begin with... [thinking]

And of the 2 senators that turn coated and decided to vote against the override, and any in the house which isn't up yet, let them join in the oil boil.

Someone also please make notes of who flips their support for the override. Everyone needs guidance for the next election.

Two faced back stabbers;

Bob Odell (R-8)
Nancy Stiles (R-24)
There is another thread in the laws section.

Last edited:
Okay, Now when does this LAW take effect?

5 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

So 11/14/2011 the LATEST. Possibly sooner if there are any special rules concerning veto overrides? Would the passing date be date passed senate/house, date of veto (7/13) or date of override? Either way before thanksgiving this will be in effect.

Last edited:
Way to go!! [cheers]

I think Lynch just found out about the override.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom