New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Last chance on Lake City...

The end is near, once LC is gone off the shelves (and no more is coming), people will be sucking up everything else quickly.

SG also has "Winchester" white box..... MADE IN BOSNIA!

Last edited:
Looking back at the last 6 years of 5.56 prices I see quite a volatile swing in cpr. As cheap as .27 cpr in 2017-18, as high as .68 cpr in 2021, a drop back down to .39 cpr this past summer, and now closing in on .55 cpr. Absolutely crazy price swings.

FYI, Hornady plant blew up. Don't know if they make 223-5.56, but less of any caliber just puts more demand on whatever calibers remain.

For free staters... no shipping to MA. Green tip at 50 cents per round.

Last chance.

One case left.

This is the last case of Lake City on all of AmmoSeek.

Dang, a few weeks ago I was debating buying that membership to TSUSA and buying 1k of Winchester .223 for $.27 per round after rebate. Glad I did, and also glad I started reloading in the last year!

So far I've bought enough to make back the membership price, and I do like the Bushnell Outdoorsman speaker I got as a prize for joiing. If anyone got a speaker they don't want, I may be interested in another to give me the stereo feature while hanging out int the workshop!

I have family that just got their licenses and am pushing them to start buying these too

FYI, Hornady plant blew up. Don't know if they make 223-5.56, but less of any caliber just puts more demand on whatever calibers remain.

Hornady does make .223/5.56, but that explosion happened while mixing primer compound (is that the right term?). A whole plant didn’t blow, it seems to be fairy localized, but did sadly kill a woman. Unless Hornady switched to 100% use their own primers, then they should still be able to load cartridges.

.50+ cpr. for .22 cal centerfire ?..... Yea screw that BS. So a range plinking trip costs you min $30 just for the ammo if your a controlled slow fire type precision shooter, and that number will skyrocket if your a sand pit mag dump commando type shooter. Me personally just extend my middle finger again at the latest ammo panic. A quick inventory check i'm at about 17,000 rounds worth of 223/5.56 reloading components . My shooting culture , shoot one , buy 10 (and do so during the calm buyers market )

Target Sports USA .223 ammo for sale.

Cheapest is the following at 70 cents per round. 33 cases left between these two. After this it's Winchester White Box at 87.5 cents per round.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 9.20.45 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom