New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Still got green tips from the 2008 panic buy
wow!!! I thought my stocking up in the 2015 "Obama bans green tips" panic was bad.

Having said that I just used my last primers from the 2014 "here comes Hillary" panic buying but that turned out to be an excellent investment. Wish I had bought more.

Last edited:
When you want that phenomenally destructive tissue damage for self defense you’re gonna pay. Speer gold dots, Federal fusion, MK262, etc are not much cheaper historically than .60-.70 cpr. The trump slump was bar none the cheapest time to buy ammo for at least the past 20 years. If someone can correct me on that I would appreciate it. What was the price of Sierra matchking 77gr bullets in 2018?

At this moment there are many pistol calibers going for pretty cheap prices. For battle rifle calibers not so much. With all the ammo factories limiting production, hot wars abounding, reshoring, a multipolar world, etc it doesn’t appear peace times and economic growth will renew for quite a few years.

Considering before Covid, it was $329 for 1000 rounds, this is getting stupid.
I was mag dumping russian steel 223 and x39 for 19 cents ($190/1000). AND 22lr was 4-5 centsr/rnd, so getting 22lr for 5 cents nowadays is a complete steal! Everyone here should be up to their eyeballs in deucey deuce.

I was mag dumping russian steel 223 and x39 for 19 cents ($190/1000). AND 22lr was 4-5 centsr/rnd, so getting 22lr for 5 cents nowadays is a complete steal! Everyone here should be up to their eyeballs in deucey deuce.
Might be time to buy a ceiner/cmmg 22 conversion kit.

(I do have an M&P 15-22)

Last edited:
I miss cheap steel 223. I only have two cases left, I'll use those up this winter.

And 9mm is not far off from it’s lows either. 4 cases for around the $1k mark.

When you want that phenomenally destructive tissue damage for self defense you’re gonna pay. Speer gold dots, Federal fusion, MK262, etc are not much cheaper historically than .60-.70 cpr. The trump slump was bar none the cheapest time to buy ammo for at least the past 20 years. If someone can correct me on that I would appreciate it. What was the price of Sierra matchking 77gr bullets in 2018?

At this moment there are many pistol calibers going for pretty cheap prices. For battle rifle calibers not so much. With all the ammo factories limiting production, hot wars abounding, reshoring, a multipolar world, etc it doesn’t appear peace times and economic growth will renew for quite a few years.
But it’s ok. The massive price we’re paying for electing Lunch Box Joe pales in comparison to no more icky tweets. Small price to pay for no more mean tweets. 😜

Yup, I know that. Best time to buy accessories.
Just picked up 2x POF 4lb drop-in triggers for $250 shipped so yes, even generally speaking parts are still available and decently priced. Just one of those distortions in the global economy. Might change though.

Last edited:
TS is still 4/$1000 tho
I did notice that as of this am that the cheapest 9mm stuff on TS is sold out, all the 115gr New Republic.

I left a review further up on it a week or two ago. Ran through a case of it and was pleased for the price.(over half was used in MG's so not asking anything spectacular accuracy wise, but it did well enough in semi from pistols too)

edit: just peeked and 22 is thinning as well.

if people are buyers, prices haven't creeped much on these yet.

Back
Top Bottom