• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Some big events have put the squeeze on the supply line , on hand inventory is basically wiped out at the distribution end as of today, there’s spotty inventory at retail , but the price is climbing daily and the availability is going down at the same time

Just texted my distributor and whatever comes in at this point is going to be allocated , that’s not good news

Some big events have put the squeeze on the supply line , on hand inventory is basically wiped out at the distribution end as of today, there’s spotty inventory at retail , but the price is climbing daily and the availability is going down at the same time

Just texted my distributor and whatever comes in at this point is going to be allocated , that’s not good news
Thank you for sharing.

I picked up a case last week to replace what I shot at a two day rifle class at Sig, and noticed that the price I paid is now almost $100 more than a week ago.

Given some of the past fluctuations in ammo pricing/availability, if you haven't been practicing prudent inventory management then now is a shit time to start.

The cheaper stuff is pretty much all gone on TargetSportsUSA. A lot less listed on Gunbroker right now than a couple months ago.

Ok smartass, I'll bet you $100 the price of 5.56 will go higher than it is right now.
100%

This is the beginning, everyone will panic in the next 2-3 weeks. By mid-November people will be saying: I wish I bought mid October.

Reminds me when I finally gave up and bought primers for $70/K two years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy. LOL ... 2 years later and most are still charging over $70/K.

I picked up a case last week to replace what I shot at a two day rifle class at Sig, and noticed that the price I paid is now almost $100 more than a week ago.

Given some of the past fluctuations in ammo pricing/availability, if you haven't been practicing prudent inventory management then now is a shit time to start.
Now will be better than next month. Unfortunately.

This thread won't help things lol

IEI.gif

Back
Top Bottom