New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Seems that there is a new panic buying happening in the last few days for .223/5.56. Prices were sub $400 afew days ago, now it seems $500+?
Yeah. Target Sports is pretty much out of everything. 7.62x39 is $700 / 1000.

Shows why the admonition to "buy it cheap, stack it deep" makes incredible sense.

got the last few boxes of IMI 62 grain from midway on Friday. For obvious reasons I'm not expecting more anytime soon. Hopefully the steady supply of korean xtac stuff sticks around. Most dealers seem to carry that stuff
Xtacs been my go to for most of this year now

Same, I've shot easily 800 rounds of green tip and m193 from them and have yet to have a malfunction of damaged round. Cant say the same for my Winchester bulk orders
You usually get decent results when you buy ammo from countries that have shitty neighbors

I don't get it....what's the big deal...make as much 223/556 as you need....oh....you don't reload....yeah...that sucks.
I loaded up like 1200 rounds over 4 years ago and still need to burn through factory ammo first. I do have a big pile of brass that needs to be be processed. Will end up sending that out to be processed at some point.

Yeah. Target Sports is pretty much out of everything. 7.62x39 is $700 / 1000.

Shows why the admonition to "buy it cheap, stack it deep" makes incredible sense.
Yep. I think I have damn near a lifetime supply of x39 at this point with the rate I’ve been shooting lately. Stacked very deep

IEI.gif
Does Jeff Dunham have his hand up this guy’s butt?

Some big events have put the squeeze on the supply line , on hand inventory is basically wiped out at the distribution end as of today, there’s spotty inventory at retail , but the price is climbing daily and the availability is going down at the same time

Just texted my distributor and whatever comes in at this point is going to be allocated , that’s not good news

How big of an event??? I mean, how often do you get 1,000 guys to fire off several million rounds of ammo? LOL

The reality is stuff like this dominos. Once it starts, it's insane. I recall the rice shortage of. . . 07 or 08. Someone said something, suddenly everyone and his uncle is at teh local Costco buying 50# bags of rice. Restaurants are trying to stock up. Rice prices skyrocket. Availability drops to zero. Supplliers were just hoarding it for later in storage.

Turns out there was no shortage. Rice production wasn't down. Consumption wasn't up. Prices plummeted. Suppliers that overstocked lost their shirts. Many rats enjoyed the overstocks of rice people kept.

Just went to target sports to order a bit of ammo. Put 2000 rounds of 9 in my cart, and while I was adding the 45, the generic 9 ran out of stock before I could hit "buy".

Apparently, people are panicking over the war in Israel, gun control pushes by the left, and the rest of it.

Shows how important it is to be prepared.

Just went to target sports to order a bit of ammo. Put 2000 rounds of 9 in my cart, and while I was adding the 45, the generic 9 ran out of stock before I could hit "buy".

Apparently, people are panicking over the war in Israel, gun control pushes by the left, and the rest of it.

Having lived through a number of these panics and hoarding periods, it's not pretty...

There’s always plenty of .40

Back
Top Bottom