New panic buying 5.56/.223?

When you want that phenomenally destructive tissue damage for self defense you’re gonna pay. Speer gold dots, Federal fusion, MK262, etc are not much cheaper historically than .60-.70 cpr. The trump slump was bar none the cheapest time to buy ammo for at least the past 20 years. If someone can correct me on that I would appreciate it. What was the price of Sierra matchking 77gr bullets in 2018?

At this moment there are many pistol calibers going for pretty cheap prices. For battle rifle calibers not so much. With all the ammo factories limiting production, hot wars abounding, reshoring, a multipolar world, etc it doesn’t appear peace times and economic growth will renew for quite a few years.

Probably around that timeframe (maybe earlier?) Magtech 77gr SMK was $0.50 a round. They grouped really well in my rifles too. I didn’t order them fast enough and then Magtech stopped making them.

Hell, for those prices, just buy a Bear Creek .22LR upper.

Unless you have cheap spare parts laying around, go for the BCA dedicated 22 upper.

$240 (plus 10-round .22LR magazines at $20-$25 each, $10 for a thread protector, and the cost of pinning the thread protector to the barrel). Assuming you don't mind side charging, you can't beat that with a stick.

The fact that I didn’t notice shows how little 223/556 I’ve shot in recent memory. Now I have to really get my lever action .22 fixed to scratch my long gun itches…..

556 was the same price at Shooter’s Outpost in Hooksett, NH on 24Oct as it was in May. But 9mm was cheaper at $265/1000rd CCI Blazer Brass.

Ammo Shortage? Maybe Artificially Produced ...

Wouldn’t surprise me. I’m sure ammo has been collecting dust for a bit based on all the sales and rebates that have been going on this year.

This way they can control the supply and create an artificial shortage

Ammo Shortage? Maybe Artificially Produced ...

Mad Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Wouldn’t surprise me. I’m sure ammo has been collecting dust for a bit based on all the sales and rebates that have been going on this year.

This way they can control the supply and create an artificial shortage
This.....shit goes from millions of rounds collecting dust to a shortage.

Didn't buy anything during Fxckvid.....if anything I was doing the opposite at high prices.

And here's what Target Sports has available for 5.56 this morning.

View attachment 811116
[laugh] [laugh] A person would have to be high, very desperate, or have a "sponsor" to pay those prices.

My last .223/5.56 purchase was @ $262/1000 delivered for Wolf Gold.

Looks like I'll be spending every spare minute at the press this winter.

Last edited:
[laugh] [laugh] A person would have to be high, very desperate, or have a "sponsor" to pay those prices.

My last .223/5.56 purchase was @ $262 delivered for Wolf Gold.

I'm gonna dust off m press as well...

Yeah, Wolf Gold was a bargain at those prices!

My last .223/5.56 purchase was @ $262/1000 delivered for Wolf Gold.

Or be insensitive to prices…

Back
Top Bottom