New panic buying 5.56/.223?

Or be insensitive to prices…
Yes, and that could be stated as having "More money than brains" or being "Poor planners" too. [laugh]

No matter how one looks at it, it is always smarter to buy when product is plentiful and prices are lower......but some people just never grasp the concept.
How many "ammo panics" have we been through in the past ten or so years? This isn't a new thing.[thumbsup]

Yes, and that could be stated as having "More money than brains" or being "Poor planners" too. [laugh]

No matter how one looks at it, it is always smarter to buy when product is plentiful and prices are lower......but some people just never grasp the concept.
How many "ammo panics" have we been through in the past ten or so years? This isn't a new thing.[thumbsup]

This time around a foreign company has now bought 70% of ammo production in the U.S., we'll have to see how that works out.

Yeah, but it sucks for the new guys like myself. Got my permission slip 2 years ago. Have done a good job getting a basic safety net, but this situation kinda sucks for my long term goals.

Would love to get into reloading, but my knowledge and confidence is not there. Factory is my best bet right now and it is not looking so good.

Yeah, but it sucks for the new guys like myself. Got my permission slip 2 years ago. Have done a good job getting a basic safety net, but this situation kinda sucks for my long term goals.

Would love to get into reloading, but my knowledge and confidence is not there. Factory is my best bet right now and it is not looking so good.

Take a reloading class and your knowledge & confidence will sky rocket.

Read a reloading book or three, attend a class, buy a press, dies and components, build your confidence. It's not difficult and if you can find components at reasonable prices, you'll save a little money.

Take a class and start slow. Anyone of average intelligence who can read and follow directions can safely reload.

I'm worst case when it comes to anything mechanical and I figured out reloading. There's some great YouTube videos online. One set of videos from a guy in NH was really helpful for me.

It's not rocket science. And you will make a few mistakes, but that's how we learn.

Now is when you DON"T buy anything lol

Resist the urge to buy and just shoot less.
Dry firing is where you develop most of your skills anyway. Dry fire is for skill acquisition, live fire is for confirmation of that skill.

2k rd cases of 22lr for $104 each

1k rd cases of 9mm for $239 each

You gotta buy when you don’t need to. An amazing amount of Federal M193 for $275 each cases back in 2018 but yes, I did buy one TS M1913 case for $643 during 2021 and the Xtac for $540 just 2 weeks ago. This is why you cost average your stock.

I have everything I need to reload 44mag but just no time to do it now.

I have everything I need to reload 44mag but just no time to do it now.
I’m starting to realize that. I’ve had like 2 or 3 reloading sessions since my daughter was born late last year 😂
Once I run out of ammo, finding the time will be tough. Then again I don’t get to the range every weekend like I used to
I’ll have to do what @mac1911 suggests. Reload at night when the kids are asleep lol

What's going on with buying ammo at local Gun Shops???

They are charging $1.25 per round.

Can't they buy it cheaper?

See, you should have been buying ammo instead of buying lingerie...

:)
I know a person here on NES. Can't disclose name due to OPSEC.

He just bought 12,000 rounds of Lake City for 67 cents a round shipped.

For an investment.

No storage limits as he is in NH.

All chime in...

Was he smart or stupid?

Back
Top Bottom