New panic buying 5.56/.223?

To give to people who do reload, at the very least. Plus I believe good brass has value which will only increase in the future.
I used to save brass to give to people to reload. Long story short it was an annoyance to get rid of it "sure, drop it off" type answers. No, no thanks. Just stopped collecting it as people were at most minimally interested in even getting free once fired brass.

I won't argue that there aren't people out there who'd love to have it and who'd actually come get it, but I never came across them.

I used to save brass to give to people to reload. Long story short it was an annoyance to get rid of it "sure, drop it off" type answers. No, no thanks. Just stopped collecting it as people were at most minimally interested in even getting free once fired brass.

I won't argue that there aren't people out there who'd love to have it and who'd actually come get it, but I never came across them.
Also, I have heard under good authority that reloaders are already all stocked up for their lifetimes. What do they need my brass for?

Also, I have heard under good authority that reloaders are already all stocked up for their lifetimes. What do they need my brass for?
scrooge mcduck pool GIF

For what??

Seems this started this summer. Looks to me like the Biden Administration finally figured out how to get M855 out of production for civilians and hamstring the 5.56/.223 market. Why would they want to shadow ban M855 and create distortions in the ammo market now? Serious question. Of course, I have my ideas about why and what's coming...

Anyway, just paid rape prices for an additional 500 rounds of M855 from Target Sports. Why? Because anything Biden and his WEF/Globalist puppeteers want to ban, I'm acquiring. Literally, V8 ICE engine vehicles? Sure I'll buy them. M855 green tip? Yep. I don't even need it as I have ammo cans of the stuff. Bitcoin? Absolutely. Pretty soon, I'm going to start buying up gas ranges and furnaces and start a side hustle. I'll call my eBay/Amazon shop "Brandon's Emporium" http://www.brandonsemporium.com [rofl]

Last edited:
I don't get it....what's the big deal...make as much 223/556 as you need....oh....you don't reload....yeah...that sucks.
yeah, I gotta get my Dillon 550 set up again. Haven't made a single round since I sold my house in 2020. I have plenty of stuff to make them with, just nothing setup to make them on.

People will do the same thing with free firewood, they just never seem to get cold enough to go get it. [laugh]

It’s the punky poison ivy covered white pine ads that I laugh at on marketplace.
Yes, those, and the ones who say "Free firewood, it needs to be cut down"......and the tree trunk stands 6 feet from the house......and you must have insurance to cut. [thumbsup]
Those are the ones that need to be screwed with.

Last edited:

Seems this started this summer. Looks to me like the Biden Administration finally figured out how to get M855 out of production for civilians and hamstring the 5.56/.223 market. Why would they want to shadow ban M855 and create distortions in the ammo market now? Serious question. …

Yeah, I thought I remembered that executive order to stop selling to civilians, but apparently I plum forgot. So, it was before Israel was attacked.

I’m guessing it’s just now taking effect because it’s the new fiscal year. Winchester’s lake city rebates last month could have been because they wanted to sell as much as they could before the cutoff. Maybe they were told they couldn’t even sell the stuff they already made in the plant? I’m an idiot for not buying a bunch of cheap Lake City brassed 55gr; we were warned.

It could be that the stoppage is due to sending ammo to Ukraine. Or, probably more likely, the Biden administration is doing it just because they can, and they are the most anti-2A administration since Clinton.

I’m have stuff for sale if your interested…

How many rounds do you really need?/Sarcasm

I’m gonna hold out the primers are in high demand..

In all seriousness, panic buying is for retards.

Something like 99% of the population would never get the first shot off anyway

Back
Top Bottom