• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for April 2007

You better call them on that...It seems as though the average around here is less than one month.

Hopefully I'll have a few new toys to show off this month.

I did, They cashed the check in under a week. ATF FFL support told me it varies depending on who receives the application. She said some move fast... others tend to move slowly.[angry]

Another SKS to the family. This is one I got off Gunboards for pretty cheap money. The bore is mint, the numbers are electro-pencilied from a factory rebuild and the stock is kind of an ugly blonde color and looks like it had a slight finish put on at some point. I may play around with the finish, don't know yet. I basically bought it because I have a Yugo 59/66 that is completely mint and worry about scratching it up when I take it shooting. I wanted a cheaper one with a good bore that I didn't care if I dinged the wood, or scratched the metal. Plus these are endangered with the new proposed ban coming up and distributors are having trouble getting anymore new ones. Time to get one while ya can.
I gotta e mail the seller and see if he has the cleaning rod. If not I know I can get one cheap from so many people ditching them when they swap out factory wood for plastic stocks with no cleaning rod hole.

YugoSKS.jpg

YugoSKS1.jpg

Funny thing is the guy said he'd throw in a sling too. I wound up getting 2 Chinese SKS slings out of the deal but have a few exrtra 59/66 slings already.
I really gotta go through my slings and figure out what I don't need and start posting some stuff for sale.[thinking]

Funny thing is the guy said he'd throw in a sling too. I wound up getting 2 Chinese SKS slings out of the deal but have a few exrtra 59/66 slings already.
I really gotta go through my slings and figure out what I don't need and start posting some stuff for sale.[thinking]

Looks like you got a really clean one. Let me know when you do, I'd be interested in at least one Chinese and one yugo.

Here are the 2 new ones that I have got so far this month

1. Romanian TTC made in 1953.

DSC00821.jpg

2 Colt Police Positive Special in 38 Spl, made in 1910. It comes with the original box and another barrel. There are only a couple of imperfections in the buling. The person I got it from said that an old security guard use to carry this gun. I doesn't look like it was used that much.

DSC00820.jpg

2 Colt Police Positive Special in 38 Spl, made in 1910. It comes with the original box and another barrel. There are only a couple of imperfections in the buling. The person I got it from said that an old security guard use to carry this gun. I doesn't look like it was used that much.

DSC00820.jpg

Gadzooks man! Do you realize what you have to add to your insurance rider
for this? The box and tool is probably worth a ton of money alone. You really
need to get a professional assessment of it's worth. That is one awesome
pistol. I really need to get a better class of friends that will sell me some nice
stuff like that.

TBP

Gadzooks man! Do you realize what you have to add to your insurance rider
for this? The box and tool is probably worth a ton of money alone. You really
need to get a professional assessment of it's worth. That is one awesome
pistol. I really need to get a better class of friends that will sell me some nice
stuff like that.

TBP

No you need to get your own FFL and have people come in and want you to buy their stuff. I'm suprised the box survived this long. It's cool because you can still read all the stuff on it, the serial # is even on the bottom of the box. I did take it out and shoot it and I thought it would have some kick to it because it looks so light, but it was like shooting a big cap gun, not much kick at all. I'm not much of a revolver guy but I just couldn't bring myself to sell this one for some reason.

picked up a 91/30 yesterday at northeast. He has a bunch of them and I have to admit the only reson I picked the one I did is because it has two brass handguard rings instead of the blued ones. been having trouble uploading pics and will try again tonight, date on reciever is marked 1937 with the large star ( I dont' know to much about these rifles). should be a nice shooter, barrel looks good.

picked up a 91/30 yesterday at northeast. He has a bunch of them and I have to admit the only reson I picked the one I did is because it has two brass handguard rings instead of the blued ones. been having trouble uploading pics and will try again tonight, date on reciever is marked 1937 with the large star ( I dont' know to much about these rifles). should be a nice shooter, barrel looks good.

PICS? What they getting for them?
Large star means that it was built at the Tula arsenal.
Start learnin': http://7.62x54r.net/

I'm waiting for another Mosin to be delivered.

$139.00 and he has five or six left as of yesterday. Condition is pretty good. Thanks for the link.....Camera out of order have to work on it tonight....

Walter..

Back
Top Bottom