New Acquisitions for April 2007

I see them now, looks like a nice one Len. The Walnut stock models are my favorites. I splurged the extra cash and got one of the tiger striped ones from Samco when they used to ship here.
One thing I do for shooting mine more comfortably is take off the metal clasp that clips the sling to the butt stock. I just didn't like the metal biting into my chin when I shot it. Most of the newer Swiss reworks you see coming out of Switzerland have the sling just slid through the loop.
I'm still contemplating getting a 96/11 Swiss long rifle. The 300 yard sights they have turn me off though. [sad]

When Greg shows me his most recent K98 aquisitions I need a drool cup.

Len, I have a self imposed moritorium on purchases right now. I can't talk to Greg about these because I have no restraint.

I KNOW THE FEELING!! LOL

Holy moly. He needed a control number off one of my FA-10's. I was supprised when I found 12 FA-10's from him... Both of us were like, "Wow, I don't remember selling/buying that many to/from me/you...."

That's just it, I've bought 5 guns since January 1st.

Yea, I know...I'm right up there with you... I need a new safe.

Holy moly. He needed a control number off one of my FA-10's. I was supprised when I found 12 FA-10's from him... Both of us were like, "Wow, I don't remember selling/buying that many to/from me/you...."
I was curious so I just counted. I have 11 FA-10's from Greg. And that's in 5 years.

you know that...and i know that...but sadly...the one in the kings throne doesnt know it

at my new job i work hand in hand with boston police...a few nights ago when there was some down time i was talking to a 20 year vet on the force about guns we had and some laws and stuff...i had mentioned i was thinking of gettin the sbr license...at first he didnt know what it was...

FWIW, It's NOT an "SBR License" - it's really a tax stamp verifying that you
paid the tax on the SBR, nothing more. Since the stamp is bound to a
particular gun it's pretty hard to call it a license. The Form 1 or whatever it is
conveys no priviledges other than ownership/tax status of the NFA device
named on it.

-Mike

Picked this one up this afternoon! It's so anti-massachusetts... I love it! Sorry the pic isn't better, I'm workin on some good ones. Colt AR15-A2 Gov't Model, 20" barrel, 1/7 twist, a2 flash hider (So evil), and bayo lug (extra evil):
Croppedandresized.jpg

Tom,
Nice lookig rifle.
Now the fun begins with all the accessories! [party]
Good luck with it.
Gary

-------------------

Juergen,

This is my second K-31. Other one I bought some years ago, beech stock and looks like the stock was chewed by a rat. The wood on this one grabbed my heart (and JonJ's)!!

When I bought the first one, I bought a fair amount of GP11. I've never fired the other gun. Yesterday I bought some more ammo (Austrian mfr) for it.

It (perhaps both) will get cleaned up, checked for butt tag and fired.

Len,
even if their stocks look like chewed by rats, they are shooting like hell.

Did you mean Swiss ammo, or is it really Hirtenberger ?

I have the real GP11 ammo. Don't know who makes it.

The Austrian stuff I bought with the gun didn't have a recognizable brand name (to us - Greg or I) on it (in English). It's in a light green box and had an Austrian symbol on the box. Damn expensive at $16.50/box.

Ouch...I hate to think what it's going to be like in 5 years... I might need a filing cabinet.. Well, not really. I'm sure that my extra money is going to be going into the house.
I think that's where most of our money will go this year.

Picked up one of these last night.
Marlin 1894, .44 Mag, stainless
(stock photo from Marlins website)

zoom_1894SS.jpg

Quite a few sharp edges. You'd think they could deburr it for that kind of $$.

I picked up a half dozen Winchester lever actions before they went under and they were all better finished than the Marlin. I quess that it is just a sign of the times.[sad]
It is, however, ironic that I chose the Marlin over an import, hoping for better quality.
Not mad, just annoyed that I will have to spend a couple hours finishing the gun.
Thinking about a Pietta for the next purchase.

Lever guns are always nice.

It is, however, ironic that I chose the Marlin over an import, hoping for better quality.

Not mad, just annoyed that I will have to spend a couple hours finishing the gun.
Thinking about a Pietta for the next purchase.
MANY years ago I passed on a Norinco .45 and paid $45 MORE the The Tompson by Auto Ord. because it was made in the USA. In other words I passed on the Porche and picked up the Gremilin. YMMV.

You mention Pietta's. Getting into Cowboy Action Shooting? I know someone in Mansfield that can make those guns sing.

Lever guns are always nice.

MANY years ago I passed on a Norinco .45 and paid $45 MORE the The Tompson by Auto Ord. because it was made in the USA. In other words I passed on the Porche and picked up the Gremilin. YMMV.

You mention Pietta's. Getting into Cowboy Action Shooting? I know someone in Mansfield that can make those guns sing.

The Norincos were surprisingly well made. Nobody really took notice until it was too late because they were priced too low. The Auto Ord. was just about the worst sorry attempt to build a 1911. The parts were mostly substandard junk. I bought one for the frame and slide when everyone was building race guns faster than the manufactureres could turn out frames. The frame slide and barrel were usable but all the other parts were junk. It took a lot of hours of fitting because the holes in the frame were all out of spec. I honestly wouldn't want another Auto Ord., even for free.

I recently saw a gun rag review of the Pietta made Win.'92 takedown that Charles Daly is importing and it's a real attractive gun. Up in the $1200 range though. I've wanted a nice take down lever action ever since my dog was a boy......[smile]

Went to Gander Mountain to pick up a pair of jeans, a gun belt, and some powder. Got all that, and this honey that I couldn't pass up for $280.

Walther P1. German Army or Border Guard surplus, not sure which. Carried lots, fired little. Two mags, beat up leather hoslter, and German .mil cleaning kit (not shown).

XEsfZcKAqKGdn2wmOziWMrbGoaxTdoNw0300.jpg

Close up of the pistol:

Mun-L2HOmholDYy2LQp9y3Ah7x1cx9e00300.jpg

Didn't get to shoot it today, as it's raining cats and dogs, and tomorrow doesn't look promising either. But the trigger feels pretty good. Heavy DA pull, but with a very revolver like staging, nice SA pull. Can't wait to try it out!

ETA: I hope Juergen can give us some background on these pistols. They guy at Gander didn't know if it was .mil though I suspect it is due to the Pistole 1 designation. He did have a bunch of SIGs (can't remember which model) with the same importer marks and he was certain those were German police trades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Gander Mountain to pick up a pair of jeans, a gun belt, and some powder. Got all that, and this honey that I couldn't pass up for $280.

Walther P1. German Army or Border Guard surplus, not sure which. Carried lots, fired little. Two mags, beat up leather hoslter, and German .mil cleaning kit (not shown).

Didn't get to shoot it today, as it's raining cats and dogs, and tomorrow doesn't look promising either. But the trigger feels pretty good. Heavy DA pull, but with a very revolver like staging, nice SA pull. Can't wait to try it out!

ETA: I hope Juergen can give us some background on these pistols. They guy at Gander didn't know if it was .mil though I suspect it is due to the Pistole 1 designation. He did have a bunch of SIGs (can't remember which model) with the same importer marks and he was certain those were German police trades.

Should be one of the FGS ones. http://www.fgsinc.8m.com/photo_6.html We can't get them here in Massachusetts but they sure look nice. I'm jealous.

Jose,
this looks like one of the depot P1's which came to market in big quantities
somewhen by summer/fall of last year. That's when the Bundeswehr released large numbers for the "Materialreserve".
Does that read "Bw" on the l/h side of the trigger housing ?
By the stamping on the slide, it was refurbed in a depot last in December of 1981.

I missed one of these when they were cheapest: Euro 99 (approx. $ 135) at
the Kassel gun show last year.
The holster is a typical Bundeswehr type; these are selling for very small bucks over here. The shipping cost for mine was 3 times the purchase price[rofl]

Bag day purchase:

Beretta21-1.jpg

Beretta21-2.jpg

Shoots nice...
Berettafirsttarget.jpg

Note that this was at 50'... since my range thinks people will be putting rounds in the ceiling or something if we don't put the targets against the stop. [rolleyes]

Well, it shoots nice when it shoots, that is... [angry]

Berettafirstscrewup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom