New Aquisitions April 2024!

Not as exciting as a new gun but...

Needed some holsters for my VP9 for an upcoming class. It was surprisingly hard to find someone that can accommodate specific weapons lights, at least for me. Odin Holsters, shipped quicker than promised, good quality, sent me a new customer discount after joining the mailing list 20 minutes after I ordered that they wouldn't honor on this order which was pretty annoying. That said I am happy with what I got.

Holsters.jpg

I posted this yesterday in the "silly gun" thread, but figured this is also an appropriate place to put it as well. It's a Chiappa 1892 Mare's Leg takedown model, in 45 Colt. And although I like this medium sized lever on it, I think I'll be swapping it for a large lever, instead. I do that with most of my lever guns, actually. Now, I just need a holster for it, and a long trench coat for concealed carry. [smile]

full

full

Frank

I posted this yesterday in the "silly gun" thread, but figured this is also an appropriate place to put it as well. It's a Chiappa 1892 Mare's Leg takedown model, in 45 Colt. And although I like this medium sized lever on it, I think I'll be swapping it for a large lever, instead. I do that with most of my lever guns, actually. Now, I just need a holster for it, and a long trench coat for concealed carry. [smile]

full

full

Frank
We're watching Warrior on netflix and I swear I saw a gun just like that in one of the episodes!

Don’t worry, when my heart explodes or I get hit by a bus, my estate will have them back in circulation quickly.
Listen, I just can’t stand to leave you with such a burden, just give one to me now. I’m just trying to look out for you. :D

Picked up 2 'new' toys recently....

First is a used Cimarron SAA clone I picked up from an NES member. Not the greatest picture due to the glare, but it's in excellent shape for a used gun.

20240331_120505.jpg

Second is an old Winchester Model 1902 I picked up for my 5 year old son to use as he starts learning how to shoot. The 22 rifles my wife and I own are too big for him right now, so this will give him something that's easy to handle for the next few years. From my digging I believe it's an early one, possibly made within the first few years of production, because it's chambered for 22 short & long, has a metal buttplate, and has the original rear peep sight. I got a great deal on it (with a box of 22 shorts included). I put a few rounds through it last week to check function and found that it shoots extremely well!

20240417_143029.jpg

20240417_143047.jpg

Long time, no new postings from me, so let's go:

Technically the wife's: East German .22 trainer KK V made by VEB Ernst Thälmann, Suhl. Those were in use with the GST (Gesellschaft fuer Sport & Technik), the East German youth organization doing pre-military training. This is the successor of the K110 single shot .22 I acquired last year.
Stock photo as I don't have an own pic of the actual gun:
1714226401446.png
Then a Preduzece 44 Yugo K98k which was a March acquisition but picked up only in Early April. Sorry for the poor pic
1714226556277.png

And finally a 1943 Swede Husqvarna m/38 acquired yesterday, also no pics yet.
Wifey says the budget for this month has been spent. I can live with that as Wednesday is a new month already,:cool:

Back
Top Bottom