ND at FS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$40, blazer. Uggh.

You groan at $40, yet at Marlboro this weekend there will be vendors with $60-$70 boxes of 22 and there will be people buying it at that price, and it will be gone within the first hour on Saturday. [laugh]

-Mike

Anyone at Four Seasons today? A buddy called me and said there was an ND in there today. Smashed one of the glass cases I guess.

EVERYONE GOT EYES AND EARS?
READY ON THE LINE
BANG BANG BANG
YEP THIS IS USED GUN MY GOOD SIR, WHAT IS THE USED PRICE?

67854_small.jpg

I Think everyone who has hijacked this thread shows your ignorance to the issue and it's potential impact to the sport and to people"s lives.

I see this and I ask was there anyone hurt (hope not)?

Understanding the circumstances so the shooting community can take appropriate action is next; the question is what went wrong and was it preventable by the staff?

Was the cause malicious, or carelessness?

What is the corrective action?

As far as the IGNORANT commentary about the shop; I say if you don't like the crowds, then go somewhere else. Do not presume to understand the owner's business or finances. For me he and his staff have been the only retailer I shop at and I travel an hour to get there. He is a true business man; understands the market and business. He is personable and a generous supporter of the sport and youth shooting.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope this incident doesn't affect his demeanor or business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If there was an ND with a gun going into or coming out of a case, someone had to put a round in there. And that to me sounds like an ANTI trying to sabotage the shop.

If there was an ND with a gun going into or coming out of a case, someone had to put a round in there. And that to me sounds like an ANTI trying to sabotage the shop.

Nothing's impossible, but there 's probably a much simpler explanation than sabotage,

Nothing's impossible, but there 's probably a much simpler explanation than sabotage,

I know a guy in CT who has been in the gun business for more than 30 years. On more than one occasion "back in the day" he racked a live round out of a fresh from the factory new gun. I'm not sure this can happen these days. But its worth considering.

- - - Updated - - -

I Think everyone who has hijacked this thread shows your ignorance to the issue and it's potential impact to the sport and to people"s lives.

Understanding the circumstances so the shooting community can take appropriate action is next; the question is what went wrong and was it preventable by the staff?

As far as the IGNORANT commentary about the shop; I say if you don't like the crowds, then go somewhere else. Do not presume to understand the owner's business or finances. For me he and his staff have been the only retailer I shop at and I travel an hour to get there. He is a true business man; understands the market and business. He is personable and a generous supporter of the sport and youth shooting.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope this incident doesn't affect his demeanor or business.

I have been involved with 2 groups and 2 cultures for most of my adult life. The first is the shooting community. As a whole, the people I've met while shooting, at gun shops, at matches, or wherever, have been some of the finest people I've ever met.

My other pursuit has been flying small airplanes. This group is a mixed bag. I'd say 85% good guys. However there is one area where the flying culture is VASTLY SUPERIOR to the shooting culture.

That superiority centers around the willingness to aggressively, humbly, and honestly seek the truth whenever there is an "accident'. Discussions of accidents among members of the flying community necessarily require you to check your ego at the door. They require an honest self assessment. (Could this have happened to me?) The followup conversation typically centers on what could be done individually as well as institutionally to prevent this kind of accident in the future.

I don't see this in our group. People are thin skinned. They take things personally. People's egos flare. Emotions come to the surface, bla bla bla. It is vastly inferior to the coldly analytical approach taken by the flying community.

For a long time I've tried to figure out why. To this day I can't. For whatever reason, the shooting community would do well to emulate the flying community in this practice.

A case in point. Flying magazine has a popular column called "I learned about flying from that?". It is a kind of write in column where pilots describe something that happened to them where they failed as a pilot. They analyze what they did wrong and what they did right. The editors weigh in, and on the magazines web site, so do other pilots:

http://www.flyingmag.com/technique/i-learned-about-flying

Don

Last edited:
I know every time I've asked to see a firearm, they've cleared it before giving it to me, and again after I gave it back. I know sometimes people get lax following procedures, and I'm just glad no one got hurt.

I have no complaints about Carl or his shop. I've purchased my first 5 guns from him and he almost always thanked me for his business before I left the shop. Other than high prices on ammo - which I guess I understand since his prices on guns are pretty darn good compared to other shops so he needs to make a bit of money some way or another. I don't really mind the crowds as I usually don't have to wait that long before I talk with an employee and do the paperwork. If there is a wait on a computer to do the transaction, I'll just browse the shop to kill some time as I'm never really in a rush when I go there to buy a gun. Although I haven't bought a gun from FS since 2 years ago.

i was at FS this afternoon and indeed glas display case was empty and missing glass. it was being replaced while i was there.

overheard a customer asked what happened and employee said something along the lines of "someone bumped it".

i didn't have the audacity to ask anyone there what happened. hopefully it wasn't an ND but if it was then they don't need another annoying customer asking what happened (i.e. me). if an ND occurs it's kinda like the 800 lb elephant in the room no need to keep bringing it up unless there's some learning to be had.

i was at FS this afternoon and indeed glas display case was empty and missing glass. it was being replaced while i was there.

overheard a customer asked what happened and employee said something along the lines of "someone bumped it".

i didn't have the audacity to ask anyone there what happened. hopefully it wasn't an ND but if it was then they don't need another annoying customer asking what happened (i.e. me). if an ND occurs it's kinda like the 800 lb elephant in the room no need to keep bringing it up unless there's some learning to be had.

And I bet Carl has already gone through everything with all his people to try and prevent this in the future, as any good owner would have done.

Gentlemen, be glad for every gun shop you still have in MA. Can you imagine the pressure they are under? Let's put this hearsay to the rest and move on. Four Seasons is an excellent shop with great service. They are full most of the time because they are doing it right. Yes, ammo is more expensive. So what? Reload if you have to. This thread is not helping to anybody.

That's beyond ridiculous. First of all, the so-called 'ANTI' that's trying to sabotage the shop would need to present his LTC before they'd let him handle a gun. Pretty unlikely an 'ANTI' would spend the time and money to get an LTC just to do this.

i blame all malfunctions on ANTIs.

my ANTI neighbors wait until i fall asleep to start messing with my sig mosquito. it's the only logical explanation to account for my mosquito's behavior.

Gentlemen, be glad for every gun shop you still have in MA. Can you imagine the pressure they are under? Let's put this hearsay to the rest and move on. Four Seasons is an excellent shop with great service. They are full most of the time because they are doing it right. Yes, ammo is more expensive. So what? Reload if you have to. This thread is not helping to anybody.

Amen and now unsubscribing.....

I know a guy in CT who has been in the gun business for more than 30 years. On more than one occasion "back in the day" he racked a live round out of a fresh from the factory new gun. I'm not sure this can happen these days. But its worth considering.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been involved with 2 groups and 2 cultures for most of my adult life. The first is the shooting community. As a whole, the people I've met while shooting, at gun shops, at matches, or wherever, have been some of the finest people I've ever met.

My other pursuit has been flying small airplanes. This group is a mixed bag. I'd say 85% good guys. However there is one area where the flying culture is VASTLY SUPERIOR to the shooting culture.

That superiority centers around the willingness to aggressively, humbly, and honestly seek the truth whenever there is an "accident'. Discussions of accidents among members of the flying community necessarily require you to check your ego at the door. They require an honest self assessment. (Could this have happened to me?) The followup conversation typically centers on what could be done individually as well as institutionally to prevent this kind of accident in the future.

I don't see this in our group. People are thin skinned. They take things personally. People's egos flare. Emotions come to the surface, bla bla bla. It is vastly inferior to the coldly analytical approach taken by the flying community.

For a long time I've tried to figure out why. To this day I can't. For whatever reason, the shooting community would do well to emulate the flying community in this practice.

A case in point. Flying magazine has a popular column called "I learned about flying from that?". It is a kind of write in column where pilots describe something that happened to them where they failed as a pilot. They analyze what they did wrong and what they did right. The editors weigh in, and on the magazines web site, so do other pilots:

http://www.flyingmag.com/technique/i-learned-about-flying

Don

This is pretty easy to understand if you think about it. There is no MAIA. The legislature is not constantly trying to strip ones pilot license. Also, not having an ND is simpler than flying a plane.

Like noxin says, it's really only Thursday nights and Saturdays. Besides if you don't have "training wheels" on anymore, the shop is not really worth browsing. It's the same inventory over and over again. It's nothing against FS but after you've been doing this awhile your perspective changes on buying stuff. (or at least it did for me. )

-Mike

this.

If this happened at any other gun shop, NES would be losing the sh!t over this. But because it happened at the holy four seasons we spend multiple pages saying he should get a bigger shop and that's it's super busy

If there was a nd at four seasons its a big deal. If its busy and a gun goes off everyone is lucky to leave with the same amount of holes in them as they arrived with.

God forbid someone say something bad about FS. I'm sure someone knows what happen, and it sucks that they won't step up and let us know.

If this happened at any other gun shop, NES would be losing the sh!t over this. But because it happened at the holy four seasons we spend multiple pages saying he should get a bigger shop and that's it's super busy

If there was a nd at four seasons its a big deal. If its busy and a gun goes off everyone is lucky to leave with the same amount of holes in them as they arrived with.

God forbid someone say something bad about FS. I'm sure someone knows what happen, and it sucks that they won't step up and let us know.

I'm not a big fan of FS at all. Nothing terribly wrong, but I like Collectors much more.

I think it's reasonable for people to be interested when a shop they frequent has an incident like this.

This is pretty easy to understand if you think about it. There is no MAIA. The legislature is not constantly trying to strip ones pilot license. Also, not having an ND is simpler than flying a plane.

No "chief's discretion" applied to having a pilot's license.

It seems to be like this all the time now. I don't know why he hasn't expanded to a larger space. Maybe he's not willing to spend the money, but at this point in time it's got to be driving away sales. I don't shop there anymore for just that reason.

Agreed. I try to avoid FS most times for that reason as well. It's just a mob scene on weekends and even some weeknights. Love the shop, but the crowded conditions are starting to outweigh the benefits of going.

"A buddy called me and said there was an ND in there today"

A buddy called me and said he boned Gisele Bundchen yesterday. Must be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom