• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ND at FS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that actually isn't what you said. You said there were numerous stores within 50 miles that sell for the same or less and had better inventory. We'd like to know which shops those were.

He must mean North Shore Firearms, where the owners rat on customers to the ATF.

I got my first gun from fs and a lower not knowing better . Heck I got a billet lower from ppf for the sane amount . I took a crash course on gun buying my first year and learned fast. Most of the time I go to fs it's just to get bulk patches and cleaning products .
I get ammo other places most of the time.

There is some truth to what 01cant sell and 07 can.

The can't modify guns they sell or offer the service to sell them .

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: May a person engage in gunsmithing under a dealer’s license (type 01), or do gunsmiths need to be licensed as “manufacturers” of firearms?
Generally, a person engaged in gunsmithing requires only a dealer’s license (type 01). There are circumstances in which a gunsmith might require a manufacturing license. Generally, a person should obtain a license as a manufacturer of firearms if the person is: 1. performing operations which create firearms or alter firearms (in the case of alterations, the work is not being performed at the request of customers, rather the person who is altering the firearms is purchasing them, making the changes, and then reselling them), 2. is performing the operations as a regular course of business or trade, and 3. is performing the operations for the purpose of sale or distribution of the firearms.
Below are examples of operations performed on firearms and guidance as to whether or not such operations would be considered manufacturing under the Gun Control Act (GCA). These examples do not address the question of whether the operations are considered manufacturing for purposes of determining excise tax. Any questions concerning the payment of excise tax should be directed to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, U.S. Department of the Treasury.

The can't modify guns they sell or offer the service to sell them .

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: May a person engage in gunsmithing under a dealer’s license (type 01), or do gunsmiths need to be licensed as “manufacturers” of firearms?
Generally, a person engaged in gunsmithing requires only a dealer’s license (type 01). There are circumstances in which a gunsmith might require a manufacturing license. Generally, a person should obtain a license as a manufacturer of firearms if the person is: 1. performing operations which create firearms or alter firearms (in the case of alterations, the work is not being performed at the request of customers, rather the person who is altering the firearms is purchasing them, making the changes, and then reselling them), 2. is performing the operations as a regular course of business or trade, and 3. is performing the operations for the purpose of sale or distribution of the firearms.
Below are examples of operations performed on firearms and guidance as to whether or not such operations would be considered manufacturing under the Gun Control Act (GCA). These examples do not address the question of whether the operations are considered manufacturing for purposes of determining excise tax. Any questions concerning the payment of excise tax should be directed to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau, U.S. Department of the Treasury.

Yup, your correct... But, Your actually not.... There is NO difference in what a 01 and 07 can actually sell

Most dealers do not have a 07 due to the increased cost. There is in all practical applications NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT A 01 and 07 can sell to a customer, only the process and order in which they sell it and modify the firearm.

As a 01, the alteration or repair must occur after the sale not before. If actual practice most 07's act as 01's anyway as if you functioned as a true 07 ( and altered and thereby "manufactured" firearms BEFORE the sale ) there would be an increased tax / fee based on production numbers. If you actually read the entire text of what you posted is says as much

Last edited:
Wow! Guess I don't know any better. Please let me know the names of those numerous shops that sell for the same or less and have a much more interesting inventory. Yes, I'm serious.

You don't have to leave Woburn to get a much better buying experience, IMO.

Wow maybe I should have checked back sooner this thread really went off the rails From what I was told a guy brought in a kahr he was looking to sell, an employee took it out of the (carrying) case and it was loaded. Apparently he (the employee) removed the magazine and emptied the chamber, then put the magazine back in and re chambered a round. Then he (the employee) had his booger hook on the trigger and fired a round through a display case and it ricocheted into the ceiling. I hope this gives you guys some more stuff to take about, like how much you hate kahrs and that FS isn't open on Sundays

I think I made it easier to understand.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

How may Ma complaint Tavors or POF 308's does 4 seasons have? none cause they cant sell them as their not an 07 manufacturer. All I am saying is there are shops within the area that sell things that Carl cant. Carl does not have an 07 FFL or if he does he choses not to be bothered. Other shops in the area can make a non Ma compliant rifle compliant, and without much fanfare. YMMV

I've owned two different POF rifles, they are CRAP

ABANDON_c4e165_2314677.gif

I think we've strayed far enough off topic on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom