• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY cops kill man firing at mugger

I understand he’s breaking an unconstitutional law.

When I ask who cares, I’m asking what 2A supporter would care whether a free man is carrying a gun with or without a permit.

To your last point, I would suggest that people who value their freedom and disagree with the aforementioned laws, choose to live in NH. Their peaceful and law-abiding behavior, if done in NY, would get them locked in jail. That is an indication that NY law is in the wrong and not the free man carrying a firearm. So who would care, besides those who wish to prevent others from exercising rights that many of us also do?
I choose to live in NH because of the freedoms it affords me with relatively low level of government interference. And I’m a pretty basic law and order guy.

I live central NY. It’s gorgeous and has great hunting, fishing, camping, etc. And (speaking to my yankee frugality) it’s butt cheap! I was going to retire there and acquired a pile of preban stuff to comply with their annoying gun laws. After Sandy Hook and the SAFE act, I figured that NY did not want me, my guns, my income or taxes. FUAC. So I moved back to NH.

I have all the toys I want, places to use them, and can happily remain law-abiding.

What's worse than a MA fudd?
A New Hampshire fudd. [rofl2]
I’ve yet to meet one of those. Even the folks I met at steel challenge matches did not seem fudd-like. There is a guy who comes to NHAc meetings with lots of trap stuff. I’d say he could be a Fidd candidate but he also plays with poodle shooters and other non-fuddy toys.

Looking back, it may not have. But there wasn’t a way to tell that at the time. I still think the cops made the right decision.
Hey, if they're shooting at you, they're shooting at you.

That said, were they "plain clothes/under cover"?

I'm not being snarky here, but you should buy and read "The Law of Self Defense." I'd also advise you to take one of the GOAL classes on self defense law if they plan to resume them in the near future. If not Len-2A Training used to put on a good class. I don't know if he's still doing it, but it's worth reaching out.

This guy wasn't defending himself and can't successfully defend himself. Throw out the crap about his age and not having a carry permit in NYC and he's still screwed. Move it to MA, make him 50 and with a LTC. He's still screwed.

By rights, the robber should be screwed as well. As SERE mentioned he and his accomplice may well be indicted under the "Felony - Murder" rule. If the person shot by the police dies, that's another homicide charge against them.

So some guy gets robbed and is defending himself and is shot down by cops who apparently also shot several bystanders and yet there are comments praising the police for 'running into the gunfire'. Weirdsville, USA.

Other than the winters and the purplish political character of the state I would have given NH consideration when picking a place to which we'd move.

I choose to live in NH because of the freedoms it affords me with relatively low level of government interference. And I’m a pretty basic law and order guy.

I live central NY. It’s gorgeous and has great hunting, fishing, camping, etc. And (speaking to my yankee frugality) it’s butt cheap! I was going to retire there and acquired a pile of preban stuff to comply with their annoying gun laws. After Sandy Hook and the SAFE act, I figured that NY did not want me, my guns, my income or taxes. FUAC. So I moved back to NH.

I have all the toys I want, places to use them, and can happily remain law-abiding.

As SERE mentioned he and his accomplice may well be indicted under the "Felony - Murder" rule. If the person shot by the police dies, that's another homicide charge against them.

I think this is correct. But I can't say I agree with it.

These people are thieves and should be treated as thieves. "Felony Murder" is, I think, a charge that has gone way past where it was supposed to go. In a case like this, I'd view it the way I view those horrible offsides calls in NHL games, the ones that disallow goals like fifty seconds after the zone entry: even when the team I'm rooting for benefits, it just doesn't seem right.

Sounds like the victim of the robbery was chasing after the robber and shooting. I think it’s no longer self defense when you’re chasing after someone on a public street and shooting at them while they try to evade you
There isn't much that can't be replaced in a wallet. I get involved in no one's business and half the time not even my own.

It doesn't matter if you or I agree with it, it's not going to change. At least not in time to help the people in this case. Then again knowing how they do things in NYC these two might get a good citizen award and the cops might be fired.

I think this is correct. But I can't say I agree with it.

These people are thieves and should be treated as thieves. "Felony Murder" is, I think, a charge that has gone way past where it was supposed to go. In a case like this, I'd view it the way I view those horrible offsides calls in NHL games, the ones that disallow goals like fifty seconds after the zone entry: even when the team I'm rooting for benefits, it just doesn't seem right.

Texas. I don't ski and I think the only skiing here is on water. ;)
Too hot for me🤣. Houston is humid and Austin got too crowded. And weirder than usual.

I’m supposed to be at a conference in Dallas this week. Weekend ice storm blew that up.

So does it say he was a permit carrier ?
Or everyone speculating
So you have a person with a gun chasing someone shooting at them after a mugging
Sounds more like Homie f***ed with wrong Homie in the first place
Does not sound like a law abiding citizen to me

Houston sucks and has sucked more post Katrina. Austin used to be weird and entertaining, now it's weird, creepy, and dangerous in parts. Dallas gets colder than I like, which is why we're in central Texas, but definitely not Austin. Not even Travis County because they have a Commie DA.

Too hot for me🤣. Houston is humid and Austin got too crowded. And weirder than usual.

I’m supposed to be at a conference in Dallas this week. Weekend ice storm blew that up.

There is no reason to believe that any of them were law abiding. Bad guys rob other bad guys all the time.

So does it say he was a permit carrier ?
Or everyone speculating
So you have a person with a gun chasing someone shooting at them after a mugging
Sounds more like Homie f***ed with wrong Homie in the first place
Does not sound like a law abiding citizen to me

I don’t blame the cops who shot, if the guy continued to shoot or aimed his gun at them…. Except for their terrible performance dumping a bunch of ammo with a very low hit percentage and also hitting a bystander as much as they hit this guy. But that’s NYPD and their brass for you. 12 pound triggers are s4f3r. Der
National average for police engagement is 16%. 16% of bullets fired by officers hit the suspect. The rest goes into everything else. Having seen local police try to do their qualifications, I am sure 16% is an exaggeration. That said, I’ve also seen Rome and Munich police do their quals and they’re worse than US. They’re terrible!

It doesn't matter if you or I agree with it, it's not going to change. At least not in time to help the people in this case. Then again knowing how they do things in NYC these two might get a good citizen award and the cops might be fired.
Nobody asked the important question yet. What color were all the parties involved ?

I agree with what you’ve done. And I like the idea of living like that and moving to where the most freedom is. But let’s just remember that others on the opposite side of the imaginary line deserve the same rights. And when they’re scrutinized for doing the exact same thing we do daily, without being scrutinized, it’s the law that’s the problem and not the individual for practicing our rights. Not everyone has the ability to move right at the moment. Especially, the younger crowd.

So let’s support them and their rights and not question why they aren’t following the tyrannical laws on their side of the imaginary line that we don’t have to follow on ours.

Read the comments in the news article.

Ah. LOL

but article comments are like FB comments. I mean, these are the same people that EVERY DAY post in their "town" FB group, "I saw a calico cat on Market St walking away. I couldn't get there in time. Is anyone missing a calico cat?"

IT'S A F'ING CAT! THEY WANDER AROUND OUTSIDE YOU COMPLETE F'TARD!!!!!

(Today in the Berkley group - some idiot got one and dropped it off at animal control. What a complete turd.)

These are teh people commenting on FB and articles. They aren't high on the IQ chart.

You mean it's not just in Texas? People are always posting either about a missing cat/dog or that they found a cat/dog.

I wouldn't even think for a second about scooping up a dog walking down the street and bringing them home, let alone animal control.

Ah. LOL

but article comments are like FB comments. I mean, these are the same people that EVERY DAY post in their "town" FB group, "I saw a calico cat on Market St walking away. I couldn't get there in time. Is anyone missing a calico cat?"

IT'S A F'ING CAT! THEY WANDER AROUND OUTSIDE YOU COMPLETE F'TARD!!!!!

(Today in the Berkley group - some idiot got one and dropped it off at animal control. What a complete turd.)

These are teh people commenting on FB and articles. They aren't high on the IQ chart.

You mean it's not just in Texas? People are always posting either about a missing cat/dog or that they found a cat/dog.

I wouldn't even think for a second about scooping up a dog walking down the street and bringing them home, let alone animal control.
Yeah city people are weird

We're in a small city, which would likely be a town in MA. There are very few towns in TX no matter how small the population. The city next to us has over 100,000, but another city in the north end of the county has 1,700 residents.

As my wife said, it's easier to think of Texas as another country, not another state. They really do do things differently here. As I said, "Yes, that's why we moved here."

Yeah city people are weird

We're in a small city, which would likely be a town in MA. There are very few towns in TX no matter how small the population. The city next to us has over 100,000, but another city in the north end of the county has 1,700 residents.

As my wife said, it's easier to think of Texas as another country, not another state. They really do do things differently here. As I said, "Yes, that's why we moved here."
Country and city is way different ..but even southern towns/cities are just way different...its better lol

Back
Top Bottom