• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NY man dead after accidentally shooting himself in the groin

That's why I like my H&K P30 SK in 9mm, as I can decock it on a live round, pointed in a safe direction obviously, and then have a longer and safer trigger pull, yet ready if I need it for 2 legged savages or rabid squirrels. Everyone's happy, especially my nuts.

Old news:

Reminds me of a call from many years ago. He didn't shoot off anything important but he did get laughed at and arrested. It was like "The 3 Stooges get a sawed off shotgun"

Point a gun at your nuts and this is what happens
DA/SA long first pull for me on my carry unless it’s my G43.

Seems like a short list of pistols you WOULDN'T carry Appendix. P99 without decocking. 1911. Colt SAA cocked. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Every striker-fired gun comes under the "G43" brelly.

I have a short list of guns I won't carry as well - pretty much DA/SA guns. LOL. The only way I'd consider carrying one is if I trained long and hard with it first pull, then long and hard with double-taps. It's too different for me to rely on in a defense situation. I'm probably just overly paranoid though.

Seems like a short list of pistols you WOULDN'T carry Appendix. P99 without decocking. 1911. Colt SAA cocked. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Every striker-fired gun comes under the "G43" brelly.

I have a short list of guns I won't carry as well - pretty much DA/SA guns. LOL. The only way I'd consider carrying one is if I trained long and hard with it first pull, then long and hard with double-taps. It's too different for me to rely on in a defense situation. I'm probably just overly paranoid though.
Well I don’t and won’t appendix carry period so the action is really of no consequence in that regard
My paranoia with my 43 is holstering it and having the trigger hang up in the holster bucket. Probably won’t happen as I use quality holsters (crossbreed for the Glock)
but I’d have to be a complete gorilla to get the sig to go bang.
Again this is probably the same irrational kind of fear about carry cocked and locked or not being comfortable with that DA pull

The first trigger pull is a bear yes, but I’ve shot this gun so much I know the SA and DA pull intimately.

I don’t own another striker fired gun (besides a Taurus I won but it doesn’t count, it chose me I didn’t chose it lol) so all my shooting is with DA/SA guns, it’s what I like it’s what I’m used to, in fact I’m going to modify the saftey on my beretta to act as a decocker only so I’m not thinking about it should I have to draw.

We each like different things, just making it clear I’m not arguing, do what you want just don’t blow your nuts off!!! And they won’t happen if you don’t points loaded gun at them 🤣

Old news:

And yours is a clean link. Thank you

That's why I like my H&K P30 SK in 9mm, as I can decock it on a live round, pointed in a safe direction obviously, and then have a longer and safer trigger pull, yet ready if I need it for 2 legged savages or rabid squirrels. Everyone's happy, especially my nuts.
Sounds like this guy decocked with a live round.

Why won’t you carry DA/SA? Managing the trigger transition isn’t hard. It just takes a little practice. Are you concerned about the transition or safety?

I like to go single action, hair trigger, no safety for appendix carry. Now that more and more women are using the rhythm method, I want my nuts to know that if they pull anything funny on me they’re gonna be held accountable.
You forgot to mention without a holster

Had a couple of patients who ALMOST did that, but shot themselves in the thigh instead. One of them kept screaming to us to make sure his balls were still there. The combination of sweat pants, no holster, and a Glock can be deadly. Actually, I'm only guessing it's a Glock as the gun somehow magically disappeared before we or the cops got there.

"House parties."

Well I don’t and won’t appendix carry period so the action is really of no consequence in that regard
My paranoia with my 43 is holstering it and having the trigger hang up in the holster bucket. Probably won’t happen as I use quality holsters (crossbreed for the Glock)
but I’d have to be a complete gorilla to get the sig to go bang.
Again this is probably the same irrational kind of fear about carry cocked and locked or not being comfortable with that DA pull

The first trigger pull is a bear yes, but I’ve shot this gun so much I know the SA and DA pull intimately.

I don’t own another striker fired gun (besides a Taurus I won but it doesn’t count, it chose me I didn’t chose it lol) so all my shooting is with DA/SA guns, it’s what I like it’s what I’m used to, in fact I’m going to modify the saftey on my beretta to act as a decocker only so I’m not thinking about it should I have to draw.

We each like different things, just making it clear I’m not arguing, do what you want just don’t blow your nuts off!!! And they won’t happen if you don’t points loaded gun at them 🤣

I don't reholster when carrying AIWB, I put the holster on w/ the gun in it already. I'll take my chances not training to reholster w/ a live round in the chamber, I do occasionally practice reholstering an empty gun but not sure I'd do it in a real life situation. Takes a second to take the holster off, put the gun in it, and put it back on.

Why won’t you carry DA/SA? Managing the trigger transition isn’t hard. It just takes a little practice. Are you concerned about the transition or safety?

I don't carry DA/SA because mine are all full sized guns, not because of the action. I'm fine w/ the long pull on the first DA shot, it's the follow-up shots that feel odd to me after the first DA shot. I typically shoot my DA/SAs in SA at the range and wouldn't hesitate to use one as my homepro gun.

I don't reholster when carrying AIWB, I put the holster on w/ the gun in it already. I'll take my chances not training to reholster w/ a live round in the chamber, I do occasionally practice reholstering an empty gun but not sure I'd do it in a real life situation. Takes a second to take the holster off, put the gun in it, and put it back on.
I don't reholster when carrying IWB period. I carry SSH 50% IWB, 50% OWB. When I have to remove it when carrying IWB (typically when entering a courthouse) I remove the entire holster. When gearing up for the day I make ready, insert it into the holster then fit the holster in my waistband.

I don't carry DA/SA because mine are all full sized guns, not because of the action. I'm fine w/ the long pull on the first DA shot, it's the follow-up shots that feel odd to me after the first DA shot. I typically shoot my DA/SAs in SA at the range and wouldn't hesitate to use one as my homepro gun.
I suggest that when practicing, that you decock and fire the first shot DA. Shoot doubles — DA first shot then SA second shot. Then decock and repeat.

Definitely have to dress for my Sig2022. As the spring comes on it’s gonna go on vacation.

I need something between the 43 and the 2022 I just haven’t found it yet, maybe a hellcat maybe a 43x… but I won’t point it at my boys ever lol

I don't reholster when carrying IWB period. I carry SSH 50% IWB, 50% OWB. When I have to remove it when carrying IWB (typically when entering a courthouse) I remove the entire holster. When gearing up for the day I make ready, insert it into the holster then fit the holster in my waistband.
Same. I rarely carry IWB other than AIWB. I will unholster & put the gun in my under desk safe drawer when I get to work but then put it back in the holster before reholstering.

The only time I carry other than (A)IWB is in the Winter when I pocket carry in my jacket.

I carry and fire the first shot DA. The subsequent shots are SA, even if I reload. Which is how the S&W 3rd Gens are designed. When carrying, I swipe the safety down and then up as if it were cocked. That gets me in the habit of decocking the gun in case I have to use it in self defense and need to reholster. Don't want to shoot myself in the leg reholstering. Builds muscle memory and all that.

I suggest that when practicing, that you decock and fire the first shot DA. Shoot doubles — DA first shot then SA second shot. Then decock and repeat.

Good suggestion, would probably do it if I was going to use it for homepro or carry. My DA/SAs are more fun range guns than anything else so I enjoy the weird feeling switching between the two.

Definitely have to dress for my Sig2022. As the spring comes on it’s gonna go on vacation.

I need something between the 43 and the 2022 I just haven’t found it yet, maybe a hellcat maybe a 43x… but I won’t point it at my boys ever lol

P365?

Sitting in my truck trying to see how I could even appendex carry, my belt rides in the crease of my lap. How!?!?

Good suggestion, would probably do it if I was going to use it for homepro or carry. My DA/SAs are more fun range guns than anything else so I enjoy the weird feeling switching between the two.

P365?
Not off the table either

Sitting in my truck trying to see how I could even appendex carry, my belt rides in the crease of my lap. How!?!?

You get used to it - and often have to pee when you get where you're going [laugh] .

That being said, in the cooler months its almost always in the holster in my jacket pocket when I'm driving and then I put it on when I arrive at my destination. During the Summer, if I'm driving to work or around town I drive w/ it AIWB. If I'm going any distance & wearing shorts w/ large pockets (99% of my Summer distance driving), I'll put it in the pocket in a holster & the put it on when I arrive.

I agree, unless they've moved the Appendix and didn't tell me about it that seems like it would be very uncomfortable.
I actually carry AIWB on the left side, which technically isn't the side the appendix but still considered AIWB since it's carried in front. I think.

You get used to it - and often have to pee when you get where you're going [laugh] .

That being said, in the cooler months it's almost always in the holster in my jacket pocket when I'm driving and then I put it on when I arrive at my destination. During the Summer, if I'm driving to work or around town I drive w/ it AIWB. If I'm going any distance & wearing shorts w/ large pockets (99% of my Summer distance driving), I'll put it in the pocket in a holster & the put it on when I arrive.
I’ve gotten so used to IWB on my strong side I feel weird without something there
I also wear suspenders cause my backside isn’t built for a belt, this makes carrying a bigger gun easier for sure.

Back
Top Bottom