• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ND at FS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That quote isn't from this thread, or at least I don't see it. Idk where it's from, it's in his signature.

It was in response to a post in this thread that has since been deleted. I think that was a PM he received I'm guessing.

Two pages and no one confirmed that an ND actually happened... Lame. We might as well be talking about that missing airplane...

I used to always make it a point to stop in FS when I was in the area and did so last Saturday. The place was mobbed with wall to wall people. Most of them wandering around like f'ng zombies dying to buy anything and equally brain dead. I know the place can get crowded but I've never seen it as bad as it was. Carl either needs to expand to a shop 4x the current size or start having a door man let only X number of people in at a time.

I used to always make it a point to stop in FS when I was in the area and did so last Saturday. The place was mobbed with wall to wall people. Most of them wandering around like f'ng zombies dying to buy anything and equally brain dead. I know the place can get crowded but I've never seen it as bad as it was. Carl either needs to expand to a shop 4x the current size or start having a door man let only X number of people in at a time.

This is pretty much the most accurate description of my last half dozen or so visits there.

It seems to be like this all the time now. I don't know why he hasn't expanded to a larger space. Maybe he's not willing to spend the money, but at this point in time it's got to be driving away sales. I don't shop there anymore for just that reason.

It seems to be like this all the time now. I don't know why he hasn't expanded to a larger space. Maybe he's not willing to spend the money, but at this point in time it's got to be driving away sales. I don't shop there anymore for just that reason.

unless there's space in the same area in the building, it's going to suck to move the shop.

Licenses, FFLs, building permits, moving all the shit, informing all the customers you moved, increased monthly expenses.

He has a known cost that, that occassionally gets filled, but it works for him.

I was on my way there today to pick up a 10/22 and who knows what else, but I got tied up at work. Guess it was a good thing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I've heard rumors that he wants to sell the shop and retire, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was almost possibly maybe gonna go there at roughly the exact same approximate time.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

From what he said nobody got hit, I guess an employee put a round through a display case and it ended up in the ceiling

Take a good look at the FS ceiling above the counter. lol. Timing might be right for a FS spring ceiling sale on 1911 parts and accessories.

If your in a gun shop and an employee has a ND you should get whatever gun your looking at that moment for free.[wink]

What were they charging for 22? CCI? Federal?

Its Four Seasons after all. My guess is $39.99 or worse.

So are they still open? If they are I'll swing by on my lunch break and let you know for sure.

Last edited:
Making the gun shop bigger has been discussed at great length here.

It will never happen.

I agree, I've talked to Carl about expanding and or relocating a few times over the years. He says that would increase his operating costs which would in turn increase our costs. He said he wasn't going to do that.

I agree, I've talked to Carl about expanding and or relocating a few times over the years. He says that would increase his operating costs which would in turn increase our costs. He said he wasn't going to do that.

Yeah I always prepare myself for the groping/rape that occurs due to the small space. That said I have still bought several guns from FS. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Then he would have to raise the already rock bottom prices ?

I am glad he is thinking about his customers though.[rolleyes]

I don't know any rifle with a firing pin block.

Agreed.

Although I was 12 yo at the time and had no clue about firearm malfunctions, I did have a AD (NOT ND) when I closed the bolt on a round at Boy Scout Camp (old single-shot DCM rifles). Apparently it was a slam-fire. It was properly pointed down range and my hand was nowhere near the trigger. I got a good ass-chewing by the RO running the range and I remember it to this day. Following the basic safety rules can save someone from getting hurt and yes mechanical things can fail.

Yeah I always prepare myself for the groping/rape that occurs due to the small space. That said I have still bought several guns from FS. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

FS' old shop was 1/4 the size and truly was elbows and butts. However I guess we were a more civilized bunch back then and I never heard any serious bitching about it.

On the other hand, I don't enjoy stopping at the current shop nearly as much any more. But I'm almost never up in that area except one Sunday/month nowadays, so it is a non-issue.

The shop was great when there were not many other options. I have several shops in my area now and to be honest they are all busy but seem to control it a lot better with fewer people. Pullman is tiny but I have been in there with 25-30 people and they have it under control and their pricing is very competitive.

Ditto with H-S in Auburn. They always have people, prices are pretty good, considering the shortages and its not always *******s and elbows. I like FS and will still go there if Im in the area, but there are options out there.

The shop was great when there were not many other options. I have several shops in my area now and to be honest they are all busy but seem to control it a lot better with fewer people. Pullman is tiny but I have been in there with 25-30 people and they have it under control and their pricing is very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom