My first gun purchase

I spent a few hours today at Four Seasons buying my first gun. You guys were right, the guys working there are outstanding. Jimmy Flynn spent an hour with me answering every question I had and giving me me some great advice. I ended up purchasing a Sig P220 45ACP . I have my new member orientation on Sunday morning at Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club and I should be all set. I want to thank the members of NES, I have only been a member for a short time but reading so many posts made losing my cherry less painful.

I spent a few hours today at Four Seasons buying my first gun. You guys were right, the guys working there are outstanding. Jimmy Flynn spent an hour with me answering every question I had and giving me me some great advice. I ended up purchasing a Sig P220 45ACP . I have my new member orientation on Sunday morning at Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club and I should be all set. I want to thank the members of NES, I have only been a member for a short time but reading so many posts made losing my cherry less painful.

Nice choice!! [smile] Congrats!!

congrats!

Just bought my first gun at Four Seasons yesterday. They are indeed a great group there.

wow a Sig right out of the gate.... nice choice

Now find yourself a nice target plinker because that 45 ain't cheap to feed.

Well done sir. A P220 is a fine firearm and a ballsy first choice.

Now go and buy yourself a P226 in 9 for low cost range fun. You can also scare up some pre-ban 15 round mags...

Mmmm everyone remembers their first........gun.

My first was a Sig as well, albeit a much lesser caliber.

It's an addiction. Embrace it. [smile]

Buying your first gun is an awesome feeling.

Enjoy it. I am told that buying your 100th gun feels even better. I'll let you know when I get there!

-Rick <grin>

Well done sir. A P220 is a fine firearm and a ballsy first choice.

Now go and buy yourself a P226 in 9 for low cost range fun. You can also scare up some pre-ban 15 round mags...

+1.

Or get a 229. Mags are available in the classifieds.

I bought my Sig P220 from Four Seasons many years ago. It was used, but in great shape, and well worth the clapped out guns I used as traded to them.

Still have it today. I sent it to Sig for an action job which made it smooth as silk.

Excellent purchase.

Congrats on the first buy, the excitement of buying a gun never goes away (at least for me it hasn't. No matter how many I have, I still get psyched for every purchase and can't wait to shoot them. Enjoy it and never sell it, it is after all your first.

Yeah don't ever sell that thing... I can't even think of selling my first. I bought a Sig 239 as my first and it won't be going anywhere. I should start up a poll to see who in fact has sold their first....

I'm jealous,I had a 239 and would love 220,actually there are a bunch of guns I would love to have,but that one is close to the top.Dont forget a range report too congrats have fun and plan on having no $ soon[grin] Its a sicknees,well in my case it is

I went to 4S yesterday also. Couldn't believe how busy it was. Ended up buying some Mace/Pepper spray and .22's.

Congrats. Nice first purchase. I'd suggest buying a 22LR to go with it so you don't put yourself in the poor house learning to shoot.

Welcome to NES and congrats on a great first purchase. I'll second the recommendation for a .22 as a next purchase, it will allow you lots of cheap practice.

Back
Top Bottom