• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Open Carry Fun

There would be no need to say "like Colorado", if you weren't referencing the shooting. You could easily describe the how using descriptive words and modifiers. You didn't, because that wasn't what you were going for.

I couldn't have been more clear before in my earlier post. Whether I agree with his actions or not are NOT CONDITIONAL to his right to do so.

I am certain some of you don't realize it. But the truth is, though not to nearly an extreme, by arguing against the bearing of arms in ANY manner, in this case, open carry of long guns, is along the same line as when people argue against the open carry of a handgun, the conceal carry of a handgun, or any sort of carry at all. It directly conflicts with the nature of the 2nd Amendment.

So if you want to say, "where do you draw the line?", I ask you this. What line, and why should it be drawn? That to me, indicates that certain infringements are indeed okay. I'm not okay with that. I find these views, especially coming from gun owners who portray themselves as supporters of the right to bear arms, very disappointing. Just because you may not be against the 2nd Amendment, doesn't mean you SUPPORT it.

It's also disingenuous to portray people who call stupid crap when they see it as not supporting the right to be stupid.
Not one time in this entire thread have I seen anyone say that any of these people in the O.C dust ups not have the right to.
It's you and a few others that make that leap thinking it somehow trumps the entire discussion.
"Well your not a REAL supporter of the 2A so nenner , nenner."
The guy in the video was an attention whoring butthole who wanted to be a youtube star.
He was filming it because it was a planned out stunt.
That's his right.
And it's mine to point it out.
And it's yours to make him out to be a 2A hero.
What a country huh?

Last edited:
Or he was recording for having a legal back up incase of an incident like that. Does everyone that records their traffic stop do it automatically to be a YouTube star?
i see your angle but I don't feel it's a fair one. But I've been wrong many times before and I doubt today will be any different lol

Couple of serious questions .
You drop the kids off at school, as you go to pull out you see a guy going into the side door with a rifle or shotgun.
Do you
A: Beep at him, give him a thumbs up and go along your merry way.
B: Have a WTF moment and react.
If it's B your argument is shot.
If it's A I feel sorry for the kids.

You and the Mrs. are out for a Movie and someone comes in the emergency exit with both a rifle and shotgun.
as in Colorado.
Do you
A: Say , " Hey nice rifle there Guy."
B: Get the wife to the floor and grab your carry piece.
Remember, according to some it's cool anyplace anytime and if you think it's not your a freedom hating anti.

Yes, thanks for setting up a bunch of strawmans that have nothing to do with the scenario posited in the encounter, which looks to me like some guy walking around in public with a rifle. I have no idea whether or not he carried it into a business, etc, before he got pinged by the police. Context is pretty much everything..

-Mike

It's also disingenuous to portray people who call stupid crap when they see it as not supporting the right to be stupid.

See, you are suggesting bearing arms in a manner you don't agree with stupid. Of course you don't support it. That isn't disingenuous, that is a fact. You don't support the right to open carry a rifle.

Not one time in this entire thread have I seen anyone say that any of these people in the O.C dust ups not have the right to.

Have you been reading the posts? If you have, have you comprehended them?

It's you and a few others that make that leap thinking it somehow trumps the entire discussion.

Making the HUGE leap that attacking those that exercise a right means you don't support it. Now how could we ever draw that conclusion...

Don't like being called out? Don't put it out there that you don't.

The guy in the video was an attention whoring butthole who wanted to be a youtube star.

Because that is exactly what someone who does support the right to bear arms would call someone who bears arms, right? See, you keep making it very clear. You don't support the right to bear arms when done in a manner, or for a reason, you don't agree with.

That's his right.
What a country huh?

So what if it was a stunt? I wasn't aware there was only a certain list of reasons you could bear arms for.

Where did I call him a '2A hero'? Don't think we can't see that you using terms like that is anything other than an attempt to be condescending.

That's his right.
What a country huh?

Fair enough. We are all entitled to our opinion on this mans actions

Can we agree that the police response could have been handled much better? even if you don't like open carry no one here should like to see someone's constitutional rights shit on

Yes, thanks for setting up a bunch of strawmans that have nothing to do with the scenario posited in the encounter, which looks to me like some guy walking around in public with a rifle. I have no idea whether or not he carried it into a business, etc, before he got pinged by the police. Context is pretty much everything..

-Mike

That was not in response to the original subject, but to someone elses statement .
Who still hasn't answered

But getting back to that, can we find a word for the female equivelent of a murder boner?
Because officer shortcake wanted to bust a cap in that guy so bad she could taste it.
He's one lucky sob she wasn't the first one on scene or that might have ben a snuff film.
Scarey

Last edited:
Fair enough. We are all entitled to our opinion on this mans actions

Can we agree that the police response could have been handled much better? even if you don't like open carry no one here should like to see someone's constitutional rights shit on

Oh hell yes ,we'll agree that was a horror show.
The lead cop was a dick and the runt of the litter was just hoping she'd get to pop the guy.

See, you are suggesting bearing arms in a manner you don't agree with stupid. Of course you don't support it. That isn't disingenuous, that is a fact. You don't support the right to open carry a rifle.

Have you been reading the posts? If you have, have you comprehended them?

Making the HUGE leap that attacking those that exercise a right means you don't support it. Now how could we ever draw that conclusion...

Don't like being called out? Don't put it out there that you don't.

Because that is exactly what someone who does support the right to bear arms would call someone who bears arms, right? See, you keep making it very clear. You don't support the right to bear arms when done in a manner, or for a reason, you don't agree with.

So what if it was a stunt? I wasn't aware there was only a certain list of reasons you could bear arms for.

Where did I call him a '2A hero'? Don't think we can't see that you using terms like that is anything other than an attempt to be condescending.

If it helps ,try reading the last part you quoted one more time.
If it still doesn't make sense , declare yourself winner of the internet today if it makes you feel better.

Does this scenario with the janitor exercising his 2A rights here:

He could be carrying it any way you want.
As for school zone, irrelevant , it's anywhere, anytime, right?
It might be the janitor exercising his 2A rights.
You don't know, but your not supposed to question according to some.
The question remains, what do you do?

..happen with other Americans exercising there 2A rights here:

You know even back when no one really gave a shit ( For you younger folks).
Back when we kept rifles and shotguns in racks in the back windows of our pickups.
Back when we brought shotguns on the bus ( cased ) to school and left them in the pricipals office to go hunting on school property after school.
Back when we used to spend a saturday shooting rats at the town dump and the only interaction with the cops was " How many ya got?"
We still would have called you a f#cking retard for marching around a grocery store or coffee shop with a rifle
Sorry to burst some folks bubble

Because if that's the case, where the only gun law is the second amendment, we'd be back to an America that thrived from 1776 to 1934.

Fair enough, disregarding the second question.
How about the first?
Keep in mind that's YOUR kid you just dropped off and not some faceless name in a newspaper.

Some random guy entering my kids school through the back door is very likely going to experience some level of life threatening injury from the teaching staff

I home school, so guns at home are encouraged!

Well I guess I am going to "out myself" here on NES. I agree with Dadstoys and M1911 on this one.

What it really boils down to is, just like the guy in the video, you have the right to be an idiot. The KKK has the right to protest and assemble in front of the White House. They are idiots for doing so, but it is their right.

You have the right to drive your car with your feet too. You are an idiot if you do, but it is your right.

The Westboro Baptist Church has the right to protest at a soldier's funeral, but they are idiots and I dare say azzholes for doing so.

So yes, if open carrying a handgun in a holster is not enough of a political statement for you, you can parade around near the mall with an AR slung over your back. It is your right... but you are an idiot if you do...and you have about a 50/50 chance of getting blown away by Officer Hernandez who will undoubtedly have her finger on the trigger if her 870.

So... all of the internet patriots here that think they are doing the 2nd Amendment a favor, I dare you to try it. You don't have to do it in Mass, How about Burlington or Nashua? You can be a 2A hero too. Please record it and post it to youtube. I love these vids.

Well I guess I am going to "out myself" here on NES. I agree with Dadstoys and M1911 on this one.

What it really boils down to is, just like the guy in the video, you have the right to be an idiot. The KKK has the right to protest and assemble in front of the White House. They are idiots for doing so, but it is their right.

You have the right to drive your car with your feet too. You are an idiot if you do, but it is your right.

The Westboro Baptist Church has the right to protest at a soldier's funeral, but they are idiots and I dare say azzholes for doing so.

So yes, if open carrying a handgun in a holster is not enough of a political statement for you, you can parade around near the mall with an AR slung over your back. It is your right... but you are an idiot if you do...and you have about a 50/50 chance of getting blown away by Officer Hernandez who will undoubtedly have her finger on the trigger if her 870.

So... all of the internet patriots here that think they are doing the 2nd Amendment a favor, I dare you to try it. You don't have to do it in Mass, How about Burlington or Nashua? You can be a 2A hero too. Please record it and post it to youtube. I love these vids.

This.

So yes, if open carrying a handgun in a holster is not enough of a political statement for you.

This is what it boils down to.....guns are carried for protection, not for political statements. Say your in the mall and some nut brings an ar in and starts shooting, which in these days of Homegrown ISIS terrorists is a reality. would you think me carrying an ar into the mall is crazy now?

Im amazed by people here that want to limit carry by gun type. Why do you want to limit your defensive situation?

Im also amazed that people are justifying the police actions and saying he got what he deserved. Which was railroaded into a bullshit charge for doing a lawful act.

Maybe someday youll do something lawful like walking and chewing gum and officer hernandez will create a charge to fit your "crime".

The reality is if the state doesnt like the open carry of firearms, they can get the law changed or shut the **** up.

I like these open carry videos to, because the show the public how the police are nazi ****s and trample on people for a lawful act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... So much belief that just because the idea has been stated that OC'ing a rifle is a bad idea, that those that think so, are for limiting carrying. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Fencers analogies were spot on. Westboro baptist has their right to be d-bags, and that's fine. But what is the general publics opinion on them? That they're a bunch of ass clowns. They have their right to run their suck holes, but it turns people against them.

If we do the same, because again, it's not rifle OC'ing around like minded individuals, it's the general public who think firearms are scary, then we run the risk of having negative opinions about us.

It's just the way it is. Not saying it's right, it's just how the real world operates.

pffft... no dogs got shot.... Those cops are armatures.

armature

[ ˈärməCHər, -ˌCHo͝or ]

noun

1.the rotating coil or coils of a dynamo or electric motor.

2.a metal framework on which a sculpture is molded with clay or similar material.

I'm fine with open carry and I don't think our rights should be infringed, but I personally don't like it when people do it specifically to attract attention. The guys who take pictures of themselves getting coffee while carrying an AR at low ready with a chest rig full of mags come off looking like idiots. Shit's gonna hit the fan so hard at Starbucks you can't carry a pistol and keep the rifle in the car?

Last edited:

I don't open carry as a political statement. I open carry because it is convenient for me and provides ME with the best in personal protection. There are times when I conceal carry. All depends on what I am doing and wearing, etc. But it is NOT political.

In some states open carry of a rifle is the only legal open carry option. I *think* Texas is one such place. And if you have to ask the overlords for permission to conceal carry, why not just open carry a rifle?

Most of your examples really miss the mark. You say the KKK are idiots for protesting in front of the white house if they choose. Really? Why? Because you disagree with their point of view? They have every right to peacefully assemble and speak, even if you find the content of their message abhorrent as I do. But I will defend their to do so. Their other actions are a whole other matter (you know the whole burning of property, killig of people, etc).

The WBC has a right to peacefully assemble and speak their mind as well. Do I think they are *******s? Yep. But they are exercising their rights. Can the owners of the cemeteries and funeral homes restrict them from doing so on their property? Yep. and they should IMO.

You know even back when no one really gave a shit ( For you younger folks).
Back when we kept rifles and shotguns in racks in the back windows of our pickups.
Back when we brought shotguns on the bus ( cased ) to school and left them in the pricipals office to go hunting on school property after school.
Back when we used to spend a saturday shooting rats at the town dump and the only interaction with the cops was " How many ya got?"
We still would have called you a f#cking retard for marching around a grocery store or coffee shop with a rifle
Sorry to burst some folks bubble
Yup. I Remember those days. But they were brought to you by the same people who have us the gun control act of 1968, the great society/war on poverty, gasoline rationing, keynesian economics, massive federal deficits, etc.

I grew up in those days but I prefer the respect for individual civil liberties I see in the younger generations.

I don't open carry as a political statement. I open carry because it is convenient for me and provides ME with the best in personal protection. There are times when I conceal carry. All depends on what I am doing and wearing, etc. But it is NOT political.

In some states open carry of a rifle is the only legal open carry option. I *think* Texas is one such place. And if you have to ask the overlords for permission to conceal carry, why not just open carry a rifle?

Most of your examples really miss the mark. You say the KKK are idiots for protesting in front of the white house if they choose. Really? Why? Because you disagree with their point of view? They have every right to peacefully assemble and speak, even if you find the content of their message abhorrent as I do. But I will defend their to do so. Their other actions are a whole other matter (you know the whole burning of property, killig of people, etc).

The WBC has a right to peacefully assemble and speak their mind as well. Do I think they are *******s? Yep. But they are exercising their rights. Can the owners of the cemeteries and funeral homes restrict them from doing so on their property? Yep. and they should IMO.

Like I said - people have the right to be idiots.

ETA: not calling you an idiot. just saying that it is people's right.

Last edited:
Yup. I Remember those days. But they were brought to you by the same people who have us the gun control act of 1968, the great society/war on poverty, gasoline rationing, keynesian economics, massive federal deficits, etc.

I grew up in those days but I prefer the respect for individual civil liberties I see in the younger generations.
You mean the sheep that vote for Obama in great numbers ? That young generation ?

Back
Top Bottom