More Open Carry Fun

Is what it is man. Not saying it's right, it's just the truth.

Just like... As mentioned by me a few times before... Wearing a banana hammock.

You can wear one, and walk down Main Street or a crowded mall, but don't expect the attention you receive to be awesome.

If I had to pick, I'm going with the rifle.

Another out of control, control freak. I believe citizens oversight committees are needed to reign in these power tripper type officers through officer worn camera review perhaps, this will avoid the potential "testi-lying" factor. I understand she may have felt that she "feared" for her life (Unfoundedly so... since when do criminals openly and casually carry firearms?), however, approaching an armed citizen, who is exercising HIS RIGHT to be armed and unharrassed, her JOB is to maintain control and "Serve and Protect" us "civilians." NOT to project an impending firefight.
Where are those fine officers we see who actually KNOW the Bill of Rights and who encourage people to exercise their rights, unmolested by police inquisition?
I patiently await my abuse for posing prickly questions.[devil]

Last edited:
OCRightWrong.jpg

I could not care less how someone dresses while open carrying or if they are carrying a long gun. But go about your day, your business and such. Don't pose for photos, selfies, stand around at a business trying uber hard to get noticed, and act like an ass hat. These guys on the left are not expressing their rights, they are doing it for attention. I'm sure they do other things looking for attention too, they just jumped on the open carry movement for some more.

If they walked in, bought their food, walked out. No one would care. But they stand around like jerks, posing with the rifle in their hands. Yeah, that's being a d!ck.

Last edited:
What exactly happened at the end there?.. He's standing on what appears to be a public sidewalk.. Sure, they tell him to leave the lot or it's trespassing, but then the officer tells him to about face since he's carrying a rifle? I'm confused. Wish the video didn't just cut off at the end.

What exactly happened at the end there?.. He's standing on what appears to be a public sidewalk.. Sure, they tell him to leave the lot or it's trespassing, but then the officer tells him to about face since he's carrying a rifle? I'm confused. Wish the video didn't just cut off at the end.

Morons like those on the left are not helping our cause. They are hurting it.

I could not care less how someone dresses while open carrying or if they are carrying a long gun.

1) You may not care how people dress, but others do. When people see a man with a gun, they are automatically going to be trying to decide "threat or not?" Your appearance will factor into their decision, like it or not.

2) Carrying long guns is not typical behavior. Not now, not even in the "good old days."

3) If the goal is to change people's perception, then you need to care about how other people see you. And if you look like those two mooks with long guns, then Suzy Soccermom isn't going to have a good impression about people who open carry. She's gonna pee in her knickers and call the cops.

That sounds like a typical day for a moonbat seeing someone exercising a right.
I think OC rifles, when its on your back and not at the low ready, should be socially acceptable.

What you think should be acceptable doesn't change what other people think is socially acceptable. You won't convince people that you are right by scaring the crap out of them.

And you will scare the crap out of them and that will lead to legislation that you won't like.

1) You may not care how people dress, but others do. When people see a man with a gun, they are automatically going to be trying to decide "threat or not?" Your appearance will factor into their decision, like it or not.

2) Carrying long guns is not typical behavior. Not now, not even in the "good old days."

3) If the goal is to change people's perception, then you need to care about how other people see you. And if you look like those two mooks with long guns, then Suzy Soccermom isn't going to have a good impression about people who open carry. She's gonna pee in her knickers and call the cops.

When I say how someone dresses, I mean shorts, tee shirt, etc. no problem. The fat dope with the camo hat, yeah he's no helping. That isn't something he wears out and about, he purposely wore it as part of his show pony event.

Shopping with long guns, other than a quick stop for a coffee or something that will scare the sheep. Walking down the street, etc. isn't going to bother most sheep in normal america. It's also how you carry it and act. The douche on the right is going to get the cops called. You would think someone in the group would have enough common sense to tell him to cut the sh!t out.

The key to any of it is just go about your typical day and act as you normally act. Don't be a fool.

People don't walk down the street carrying a long gun in "normal America". If they are dressed in orange and it is deer season, then a guy walking into the woods from his pickup while carrying a hunting rifle won't scare someone in most rural locations.

But outside of Alaska, people don't normally walk around carrying a long gun.

Regardless of whether you think it is or isn't a good idea, I sure hope nobody is okay with how it was handled. That was seriously ****ed up. I mean officer midget tard needed a kick in the mouth from the start, but how it went down AFTER they already checke him out and let him go? Are you kidding me!?!

You need to leave.

Guy goes to leave.

You can't leave that way.

Guy goes other way.

You can't go that way either. Now we are going to swarm you guns drawn after creating an impossible situation for you.

Real classy.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...hey-Come-for-Your-Guns-Worth-the-time-to-read!

I think this article sums it up

especially this:

"A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us"

Last edited:
Folks, please be careful when getting into heated discussions on this forum. I have been reprimanded a few times for insulting you morons ;-)

Regardless of whether you think it is or isn't a good idea, I sure hope nobody is okay with how it was handled. That was seriously ****ed up. I mean officer midget tard needed a kick in the mouth from the start, but how it went down AFTER they already checke him out and let him go? Are you kidding me!?!

You need to leave.

Guy goes to leave.

You can't leave that way.

Guy goes other way.

You can't go that way either. Now we are going to swarm you guns drawn after creating an impossible situation for you.

Real classy.

They set him up. Somebody called a prosecutor and they told the cop to spread his ammo out, and if he reloaded and armed himself again, they could take him down (not sure for what bullshit, though).

If he got convicted, he didn't think through what might happen and didn't have a good lawyer. .gov played this fool.

(ignoring the entire video except the very end) how is that not entrapment? Guy tries to leave and go home, he is told to stop and turn around. Tries to walk another way and speak to an Officer, told to walk away. Faces back in the direction he has to go home, again trying to speak to a public servant....annnd then he's arrested. Undoubtedly they arrested him for "tresspassing" as that's the only conceivable charge the JBTs could have fabricated if they did not deem arrest was appropriate after the initial contact. That ending had my blood boiling. I hope this guy has a fat lawsuit coming his way

If a person was walking in my neighborhood with a long gun I would be thankful for the police checking the person out. And as it turned out the subject was out looking for a confrontation with law enforcement.

And here's a guy looking for a problem...

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Yawn...WTF does he expect...

he's just another a-hole making their job more difficult because

When you resort to publicity stunts it shows your dealing from a point of weakness.

The problem is that it's ghey. It screams "LOOK AT ME!"

This. The guy from the video is an attention whore and he is damn lucky he was not shot.
"

Morons like those on the left are not helping our cause. They are hurting it.

People don't walk down the street carrying a long gun in "normal America".

But outside of Alaska, people don't normally walk around carrying a long gun.

It doesn't matter if you think it isn't 'normal'. It doesn't matter if you think he was doing it for attention. It doesn't matter if you think he was doing it as a 'publicity stunt'. It doesn't matter if you think it makes cops jobs more difficult. It doesn't matter if you think it isn't a good idea. It doesn't matter if you think it 'hurts our cause'. None of that should matter. The only thing that should matter is that he has the right to do it.

The fact that it draws an extreme overreaction by police, the fact that it might make people nervous, the fact that you think it hurts your cause or lead to more negative legislation does not mean the problem is with the person exercising a right. The problem lies directly with those who infringe on it. The people causing problems are the police who handle things terribly, the legislators who use it as an excuse to make more UNLAWFUL legislation, and anyone else who wish to or agree with infringing on his rights.

Also, do not confuse your 'cause' with his cause. Or my cause. My 'cause' is supporting and exercising rights. Not opposing them because it isn't 'normal' or because I don't think it is a 'good idea'.

Some of you truly support the 2nd Amendment far less then you think you do. Whatever your perception, whatever others perception, neither are conditional to ones rights. My rights, his rights, and your rights are not relevant to your opinion on how one should exercise them.

And when you say things like...

And you will scare the crap out of them and that will lead to legislation that you won't like.

...do you really think the same people who are willing to push unlawful legislation aren't willing to push unlawful legislation otherwise? No, these people don't need a reason. They are fully willing to pervert the constitution and strip you of your rights for any reason, or no reason at all. Those people are the problem, not the person exercising a right.

Last edited:
Dude, are you wound a little too tight right now? I didn't accuse you of being anti 2A.

I don't care what your credentials are. If you do what you say you do, you get props from me. I'm glad you do it and hope you keep it up.

What I stated was meant to convey the message that I don't feel that the folks who are open carrying rifles are working from a position of weakness. At least no more than everyone who is pro-gun in the US. They are trying to normalize something again that was once extremely common. They're trying to get the message out that you don't need to freak out because you see some dude with a gun. They're out there insisting on *every* part of their constitutional rights being honored. You can call that a publicity stunt. I call it admirable.

I have had a lot of coffee today.
But carrying a rifle around in places like stores wasn't the norm in my time , my Fathers time , or my Grandfathers time so I'm not sure where that comes from.
Using common sense is what separates us from the babbling idiots on the other side.
You have a RIGHT to walk around your house naked.
If your standing in front of the window with your junk out when the neighbors kids are playing right outside, it turns it into something else all together.
Common sense is what would have kept you off the sex offender registry.

Back
Top Bottom