More Open Carry Fun

Exactly the reason that MORE people need to see Open Carry. Just like the LGBT Movement.

How about a parade, with our "Coexist" banner make of all the gun companies while we chant:
"We're Armed,
Don't be alarmed,
Get used to it".

Sure it may take a while. But in the 70's and 80's you rarely saw two men or women out as a couple - now, who cares?

As for the "making a dangerous situation for the cops" - why? They make it the dangerous situation. They could easily see he wasn't "brandishing" or ready to mow down school busses full of nuns, THEY made it the issue so Short Round could look like a bada@@ and how she isn't sure she's going to make it home safe every day.

You can still do all of those things in Montana and Kentucky (and some parts of Vermont) where I spend my time (other than Mass.)

Fact is, this Open Carry movement (as has been discussed before) isn't about needing an AR for any reason in a grocery store (which, I can't think of a good reason except for the following): it's to piss off the Bloomberg extremists and keep the fight OUT of my gun safe and background. It's political.

When you resort to publicity stunts it shows your dealing from a point of weakness.
We're not. Unless they start using white_out on the constitution,
Let the other side carry on like petulent children.
It says more about them than us.
Want to infuriate a foaming at the mouth moonbat?
Don't let them drag you down to thier level of stupidity

Exactly the reason that MORE people need to see Open Carry. Just like the LGBT Movement.

How about a parade, with our "Coexist" banner make of all the gun companies while we chant:
"We're Armed,
Don't be alarmed,
Get used to it".

Sure it may take a while. But in the 70's and 80's you rarely saw two men or women out as a couple - now, who cares?

As for the "making a dangerous situation for the cops" - why? They make it the dangerous situation. They could easily see he wasn't "brandishing" or ready to mow down school busses full of nuns, THEY made it the issue so Short Round could look like a bada@@ and how she isn't sure she's going to make it home safe every day.

That acceptance didn't come from going down on each other in the middle of the mall till people got used to it.
It came from educating people the their lifestyle was no threat to anyone elses.

I really ****ing hate these threads. I just cant believe how many people on here that think this guy being treated that way is A OK

sorry its as big as I could make it untitled.png

Last edited:
If a person was walking in my neighborhood with a long gun I would be thankful for the police checking the person out. And as it turned out the subject was out looking for a confrontation with law enforcement.

This guy responded to me that he hunts all the time with a long gun. Make sure y'all call the cops every time ya see him. Because ya can't be too sure about douchebags with a long gun.

When you resort to publicity stunts it shows your dealing from a point of weakness.
We're not. Unless they start using white_out on the constitution,
Let the other side carry on like petulent children.
It says more about them than us.
Want to infuriate a foaming at the mouth moonbat?
Don't let them drag you down to thier level of stupidity
If we're dealing from a point of weakness when we use publicity stunts, what are we doing when we don't do anything to remind the general public exactly how many people own and appreciate guns in the US? We are dealing from a point of surrender. We are saying that if we cower in our homes, keep the curtains shut and lick the gloves of our masters for long enough, maybe they'll let us keep what we have left. F that. I applaud this guy. I hope he wins.

FREEDOM !!!! Thread fail on everyone who thinks open carry should not happen. if you think open carry should not happen then line up with Bloomberg. it's a choice to open carry or not, if it's legal then go for it. if you are the one saying not don't do it then you are just as bad as the corrupt politicians. America is about freedom of the people and choice. Don't say "oh your only hurting our freedoms" because in the truth of it all your the one who is betraying our freedoms!! Its a right !! Don't forgot it.
A RIGHT !![iwojima]

OCRightWrong.jpg

What (WRT guns, not attire) do you consider a "good idea"?

And why is what you consider a "good idea" better that that of another (like, say.....only cops get guns?)

Don't put words in my mouth.

Want to open carry? With an AR? Knock yourself out. The reality is that you're going to get approached by the police when someone calls and says there's, "Someone walking around with a rifle." I don't make this stuff up, it's just how it is.

Good idea = open carrying a pistol. Not too many people are going to think twice about it.

Probably not a good idea = a rifle slung over your shoulder as you walk around a shopping plaza.

That WILL bring attention to you. Simple as that. Just like walking around in a banana hammock. It's not going to be necessarily wanted attention either. I'm not saying it's right, I'm simply stating that's the way it is. We want to change peoples minds about the gun culture, ease them into it. No need for the shock value, because now think about what someone standing 20 yards away sees.

A whole bunch of cops pointing their guns at some guy who was carrying a rifle around. What's their first thought? Probably something negative about the guy with the rifle...

Why is one right and one wrong?????? seriously ! it's the bald guy isn't it.

If you can't figure out the difference between the two morons on the left and the two guys on the right, and why people would react differently when seeing them, then I can't help you.

People judge others by their appearance. That's the real world.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Want to open carry? With an AR? Knock yourself out. The reality is that you're going to get approached by the police when someone calls and says there's, "Someone walking around with a rifle." I don't make this stuff up, it's just how it is.

Good idea = open carrying a pistol. Not too many people are going to think twice about it.

Probably not a good idea = a rifle slung over your shoulder as you walk around a shopping plaza.

That WILL bring attention to you. Simple as that. Just like walking around in a banana hammock. It's not going to be necessarily wanted attention either. I'm not saying it's right, I'm simply stating that's the way it is. We want to change peoples minds about the gun culture, ease them into it. No need for the shock value, because now think about what someone standing 20 yards away sees.

A whole bunch of cops pointing their guns at some guy who was carrying a rifle around. What's their first thought? Probably something negative about the guy with the rifle...
A whole bunch of cops pointing their guns at some guy who was carrying a rifle around. What's their first thought? Probably something negative about the guy with the rifle..
you don't see that as a problem? it's not concealed and he/she has been walking around for a while with it. if it's legal in the state then whats the problem?

you don't see that as a problem? it's not concealed and he/she has been walking around for a while with it. if it's legal in the state then whats the problem?

The problem is that it's ghey. It screams "LOOK AT ME!" Do it if you want, but I think the banana hammock analogy was a good one.

The problem is that it's ghey. It screams "LOOK AT ME!" Do it if you want, but I think the banana hammock analogy was a good one.

This. The guy from the video is an attention whore and he is damn lucky he was not shot.

Guy walking through a field with an AR you think "coyote season?" guy walking down a city street with an AR, you think " Well, that's one way to go"

If you can't figure out the difference between the two morons on the left and the two guys on the right, and why people would react differently when seeing them, then I can't help you.

Thank you for your real world answer.

If we're dealing from a point of weakness when we use publicity stunts, what are we doing when we don't do anything to remind the general public exactly how many people own and appreciate guns in the US? We are dealing from a point of surrender. We are saying that if we cower in our homes, keep the curtains shut and lick the gloves of our masters for long enough, maybe they'll let us keep what we have left. F that. I applaud this guy. I hope he wins.

So the only possible way we can do that is to wave rifles around in public?
I get a kick out of the people who accuse others on a gun board of being anti 2A because they don't go full retard to make a point.
I've been a firearms instructor for over 28 years and have helped over 300 people get LTC's in this state.
I talk to people every day about gun rights.
I write letters and make phone calls to politicians.
So yes as you can see ,I'm very anti 2A.
Strangely in all these years it never occurred to me that the best way to do it was haul a rifle into a crowded place and scare the shit out of a bunch of people.
Look at all the time and effort I could have saved .

You know even back when no one really gave a shit ( For you younger folks).
Back when we kept rifles and shotguns in racks in the back windows of our pickups.
Back when we brought shotguns on the bus ( cased ) to school and left them in the pricipals office to go hunting on school property after school.
Back when we used to spend a saturday shooting rats at the town dump and the only interaction with the cops was " How many ya got?"
We still would have called you a f#cking retard for marching around a grocery store or coffee shop with a rifle
Sorry to burst some folks bubble

That, exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not me that sees it as a problem, it's the soccer mom in her minivan with her three kids who does. Someone like that will call the police. Every. Single. Time.

Would she notice, or even care if someone was open carrying a pistol? I'm betting nope. It's nowhere as conspicuous and asks for no attention. It's something that's seen as much more socially acceptable.

And to be perfectly honest, I'd be unsnapping my holster and being extra vigilant if this dude was walking around an area that I was.

It's not me that sees it as a problem, it's the soccer mom in her minivan with her three kids who does. Someone like that will call the police. Every. Single. Time.

Would she notice, or even care if someone was open carrying a pistol? I'm betting nope. It's nowhere as conspicuous and asks for no attention. It's something that's seen as much more socially acceptable.

And to be perfectly honest, I'd be unsnapping my holster and being extra vigilant if this dude was walking around an area that I was.

socially acceptable

the magic words

The antis have us to the point where bearing arms is a negative.

ETA: Natick was a nice touch, where a guy possibly carrying concealed was thought to have a gun on town property and was considered a threat.

Last edited:
So the only possible way we can do that is to wave rifles around in public?
I get a kick out of the people who accuse others on a gun board of being anti 2A because they don't go full retard to make a point.
I've been a firearms instructor for over 28 years and have helped over 300 people get LTC's in this state.
I talk to people every day about gun rights.
I write letters and make phone calls to politicians.
So yes as you can see ,I'm very anti 2A.
Strangely in all these years it never occurred to me that the best way to do it was haul a rifle into a crowded place and scare the shit out of a bunch of people.
Look at all the time and effort I could have saved .
Dude, are you wound a little too tight right now? I didn't accuse you of being anti 2A.

I don't care what your credentials are. If you do what you say you do, you get props from me. I'm glad you do it and hope you keep it up.

What I stated was meant to convey the message that I don't feel that the folks who are open carrying rifles are working from a position of weakness. At least no more than everyone who is pro-gun in the US. They are trying to normalize something again that was once extremely common. They're trying to get the message out that you don't need to freak out because you see some dude with a gun. They're out there insisting on *every* part of their constitutional rights being honored. You can call that a publicity stunt. I call it admirable.

the magic words

Is what it is man. Not saying it's right, it's just the truth.

Just like... As mentioned by me a few times before... Wearing a banana hammock.

You can wear one, and walk down Main Street or a crowded mall, but don't expect the attention you receive to be awesome.

The antis have us to the point where bearing arms is a negative.
ETA: Natick was a nice touch, where a guy possibly carrying concealed was thought to have a gun on town property and was considered a threat.

Not only that, but they took it as far as putting it on a Town Meeting Warrant. This is for something which was only "alleged".

...What I stated was meant to convey the message ... They are trying to normalize something again that was once extremely common. They're trying to get the message out that you don't need to freak out because you see some dude with a gun. They're out there insisting on *every* part of their constitutional rights being honored. You can call that a publicity stunt. I call it admirable.

When was it extremely common for people to carry a rifle into a grocery store, mall, or other shop? Even in the wild west, they left their rifles in the scabbard when they went shopping at Ye Olde Provisions Place. I'd bet people back in the 1700's would get a little concerned if you walked into the cobbler, butcher, cooper, or tinsmith with a rifle in your hands.

It is another thing entirely on the way to or during the activity of hunting, or if there was some sort of skirmish or uprising or something.

I would see this all the time. A few years ago in my spare time I would always wear sweat pants and t shirts when I was out and about. Now I dress better. There was a noticeable difference in how I was treated by store sales associates and White Collar snobs. I went to guitar center in sweats and a T to buy a set of strings and walked out with a $1,500 Gibson Les Paul. While I was pulling out my wallet the sales associate said "I bet you have been saving for this for a long time?" I replied "Nope I came hear to buy strings and figured that since I am lazy that I should just buy one with strings already on it!" As I counted out the hundreds. I was the same international captain of a corporate jet back then as I am now. But because of my choice of attire I was assumed to something I wasn't.

That acceptance didn't come from going down on each other in the middle of the mall till people got used to it.
It came from educating people the their lifestyle was no threat to anyone elses.

And no one here is advocating going around shooting guns in the air like a bunch of Mexican banditos until people get used to it. Legally OCing is no threat to anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom