• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Open Carry Fun

If a person was walking in my neighborhood with a long gun I would be thankful for the police checking the person out. And as it turned out the subject was out looking for a confrontation with law enforcement.

canteencup
user-online.png
reputation_pos.png
Join DateAug 2014LocationN.H. Cheshire CountyPosts10Feedback Score

10 posts and a month old.............

And here's a guy looking for a problem...

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Like wearing a banana hammock.

Open carry should be everywhere, as it was in our Founding days. People didn't freak out then, over the sight of a Freedom stick.
I'm personally tired of ceding MY rights to the scared, whiny, absolutely spineless minority of wimps, that seem to be everywhere! I respect their right to choose to be unarmed, I DO however, question their "logic" regarding it... and they seem to be at a loss for words, when asked what their plan is for dealing with an armed home invasion. My respect for their decision ends when they DEMAND that I have their opinion as well, so much for the tolerant libiots of the world, huh?
A right NOT exercised, is a right LOST.
CT has open carry and you don't hear about any "wild west" shootouts there do you? (Before you start mentioning SHES, read this FBI Uniform Crime Report, and ask why there were NO murders reported in Newtown in 2012.Their report NOT mine.)

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...w_enforcement_by_connecticut_by_city_2012.xls

Last edited:
If a person was walking in my neighborhood with a long gun I would be thankful for the police checking the person out. And as it turned out the subject was out looking for a confrontation with law enforcement.

[thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:

if you follow ling to guy's podcast, summary down in the comments.

Oh brother. Little Hernandez with the shotgun. [rolleyes]. All 4'10" of her suck.

I hope he sues and gets their asses slapped around.

And here's a guy looking for a problem...

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Like wearing a banana hammock.

What (WRT guns, not attire) do you consider a "good idea"?

And why is what you consider a "good idea" better that that of another (like, say.....only cops get guns?)

If you want to open carry an AR walking down the street go ahead, would I do it no, I find no need for it. Did the cops overreact YES, did they treat the guy like a bunch of storm troopers..yes. Captain forehead wonder women looked like she was ready to put some buck shot in the guy.

Verdict was guilty. DA cited some BS statute

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

so while legal, if people get unreasonably concerned its then illegal.

If you want to open carry an AR walking down the street go ahead, would I do it no, I find no need for it. Did the cops overreact YES, did they treat the guy like a bunch of storm troopers..yes. Captain forehead wonder women looked like she was ready to put some buck shot in the guy.
If it's pointed in a safe direction. It shouldn't be a problem. The new normal isn't normal. If your not threating someone you should be left alone. It use to be your right.

You know even back when no one really gave a shit ( For you younger folks).
Back when we kept rifles and shotguns in racks in the back windows of our pickups.
Back when we brought shotguns on the bus ( cased ) to school and left them in the pricipals office to go hunting on school property after school.
Back when we used to spend a saturday shooting rats at the town dump and the only interaction with the cops was " How many ya got?"
We still would have called you a f#cking retard for marching around a grocery store or coffee shop with a rifle
Sorry to burst some folks bubble

Why do you need some douche w a shotgun to make you feel safe. If he walked by my house with a rifle slung IDGAF as long as it stays that way. If he walked in your neighbor hood with it concealed would that make it better?

Back when we kept rifles and shotguns in racks in the back windows of our pickups.
Back when we brought shotguns on the bus ( cased ) to school and left them in the pricipals office to go hunting on school property after school.
Back when we used to spend a saturday shooting rats at the town dump and the only interaction with the cops was " How many ya got?"
We still would have called you a f#cking retard for marching around a grocery store or coffee shop with a rifle
Very well said. I concur one hundred percent.

You can still do all of those things in Montana and Kentucky (and some parts of Vermont) where I spend my time (other than Mass.)

Fact is, this Open Carry movement (as has been discussed before) isn't about needing an AR for any reason in a grocery store (which, I can't think of a good reason except for the following): it's to piss off the Bloomberg extremists and keep the fight OUT of my gun safe and background. It's political.

Verdict was guilty. DA cited some BS statute

so while legal, if people get unreasonably concerned its then illegal.

That law isn't unconstitutionally vague or anything. He is appealing it, he should win then sue. The little pocket cop with the shotgun needs to find other work.

Yawn...WTF does he expect...

Yea, in 1976 I was in 6th grade and we were learning about the civil war in social studies.
One morning my mom drove me to school in the chevy wagon with my fathers 1862 .58 cal. Springfield with bayonet. I brought along a couple mini-balls as well. It was too long to fit in my locker so when I wasn't showing it to my class it leaned in the corner of the room against the wall. I stood in front of class and told them how it worked, showed the ramrod, bayonet, etc...My teacher Mr. Andrews was disappointed that I didn't bring any caps and powder so "we could take this thing out and shoot it!"

In 1981 I was in the HS parking lot with some of my pals during lunch. I pulled my new used 12 ga. out of the back of my duster to show them just as the dean of students walked up...His only comment was "Nice gun, bells in 10 minutes...".

Soooooooooo....that's right, this aint the old days. This is a time when people fear those who practice personal freedom and responsibility and bend and scrape to the govt and LEO...Those cops could care 2 shits about this guy and his constitutional pursuits...he's just another a-hole making their job more difficult because all the robo-sheep are burning up the phone lines about "man with a gun..." They could have blown him away right there and no one would have thought twice about it. Would have been a 1.5 news cycle and a quiet law suit with verdict for the municipality...........

That is all.......Off to pour another tito's and tonic.............[wink]

Back
Top Bottom