• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Open Carry Fun

You mean the sheep that vote for Obama in great numbers ? That young generation ?
I'm not convinced they did. Not with turnout numbers in excess of 100% of registered voters in key areas of Philadelphia and other places.

The younger people I meet generally seem more aware of the issues than their parents.

What it really boils down to is, just like the guy in the video, you have the right to be an idiot. The KKK has the right to protest and assemble in front of the White House. They are idiots for doing so, but it is their right.

You have the right to drive your car with your feet too. You are an idiot if you do, but it is your right.

The Westboro Baptist Church has the right to protest at a soldier's funeral, but they are idiots and I dare say azzholes for doing so.

So yes, if open carrying a handgun in a holster is not enough of a political statement for you, you can parade around near the mall with an AR slung over your back. It is your right... but you are an idiot if you do...and you have about a 50/50 chance of getting blown away by Officer Hernandez who will undoubtedly have her finger on the trigger if her 870.

The thing is - all of these actions (not sure about driving with your feet) are legal. None of these actions (maybe with the exception of driving with your feet - I guess if you've practiced enough?) are dangerous situations.

Yet with carrying a slung AR, you get trigger happy officer's responding. That's the problem - the overboard response and trumped up charges for something that may not be that smart.

So... all of the internet patriots here that think they are doing the 2nd Amendment a favor, I dare you to try it. You don't have to do it in Mass, How about Burlington or Nashua? You can be a 2A hero too. Please record it and post it to youtube. I love these vids.

Plenty of people have walked around with long guns in public (at least on the street) in NH. I'll give you an overview of what happens....

(insert crickets here). There were guys from FSP that used to tote around mosins and so on at NORML rallies. There was also a guy with a mosin who went into the unsecured portion of Manchester Airport and distributed leaflets. The cops followed him around but nothing happened. Nothing generally happens... and the reason why is because LE up there has generally been de-sensitized to this kind of thing.

The irony of all of this is that most of these people OCing rifles would never bother if it wasn't a virtual guarantee that the cops would respond/act like a bunch of retards. [laugh]

Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you think it's a stupid or a good idea but the way LE responds to it is completely absurd in a lot of places. Even if your belief that these guys are nothing but attention whores, the reality is the authorities are getting trolled and they are falling for it, hook line and sinker.

-Mike

You mean the sheep that vote for Obama in great numbers ? That young generation ?

Good point. If we could get a law passed so that only those of us over 40 with family incomes over 50k could vote, there would never be another democrat elected in this country. Which would be a good thing.

(also, it would be a good thing to get all these single women married off. Once they're married, they tend to get smarter. Come on single guys, take one for the team)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Voter_demographics

Ok, enough derailing the thread now.

Last edited:
Plenty of people have walked around with long guns in public (at least on the street) in NH. I'll give you an overview of what happens....

(insert crickets here). There were guys from FSP that used to tote around mosins and so on at NORML rallies. There was also a guy with a mosin who went into the unsecured portion of Manchester Airport and distributed leaflets. The cops followed him around but nothing happened. Nothing generally happens... and the reason why is because LE up there has generally been de-sensitized to this kind of thing.

The irony of all of this is that most of these people OCing rifles would never bother if it wasn't a virtual guarantee that the cops would respond/act like a bunch of retards. [laugh]

Ultimately it doesn't matter whether you think it's a stupid or a good idea but the way LE responds to it is completely absurd in a lot of places. Even if your belief that these guys are nothing but attention whores, the reality is the authorities are getting trolled and they are falling for it, hook line and sinker.

-Mike

Let's not forget the OC people at the State liquor stores on 93. Plenty of MA people stop in and don't seem to faint dead at the sight of a pistol on someones hip.

So... when are you guys going out to exercise your rights?

Come on - nut up or shut up.

I did today in NH....did I film it, no, that would be a bit more than immature.....

What is your obsession with daring people to do something that's legal and practiced all the time up in NH?

I believe that each ccw holder has the right to decide for them selves how to carry if it's legal. I carry every day and every where that it is legal to do so. I prefer to carry concealed because I have no interest in the potential of scaring anyone needlessly.

The open carry cafe

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/02/smallbusiness/open-carry-guns-restaurants/index.html?hpt=us_bn5

Road Trip!!

141001124350-shooters-grill-girls-620xa.jpg

This is one heck of an "out yourself" thread. It was kinda the last place where I expected people calling OCers of any kind dumb. They are exercising a right. Doesntmatter how they look, or if you think it's a good idea. Rights that aren't exercised will get lost, it's that simple. All the hobby libertarians who tell me that I should dress "sharp" and look professional when OCing a holstered handgun, frighten me. IMO, they already gave halfway in to the antis. Just don't do anything that might upset moms demand action, right? It doesn't matter to me if you carry a rifle or a handgun, a machete or a friggin bazooka as long as you do it in a safe manner. The antis right to feel peachy does not supercede other's rights to open carry, where allowed. It's that simple. It's just like with gay marriage. As long as your actions don't affect my life, how is it any of my business what you do, as long as it's legal?

Last edited:
This is one heck of an "out yourself" thread. It was kinda the last place where I expected people calling OCers of any kind dumb. They are exercising a right. Doesntmatter how they look, or if you think it's a good idea. Rights that aren't exercised will get lost, it's that simple. All the hobby libertarians who tell me that I should dress "sharp" and look professional when OCing a holstered handgun, frighten me. IMO, they already gave halfway in to the antis. Just don't do anything that might upset moms demand action, right? It doesn't matter to me if you carry a rifle or a handgun, a machete or a friggin bazooka as long as you make it in a safe manner. The antis right to feel peachy does not supercede other's rights to open carry, where allowed. It's that simple. It's just like with gay marriage. As long as your actions don't affect my life, how is it any of my business what you do, as long as it's legal?
Dont agree with you often but this x1000

This is one heck of an "out yourself" thread. It was kinda the last place where I expected people calling OCers of any kind dumb. They are exercising a right. Doesntmatter how they look, or if you think it's a good idea. Rights that aren't exercised will get lost, it's that simple. All the hobby libertarians who tell me that I should dress "sharp" and look professional when OCing a holstered handgun, frighten me. IMO, they already gave halfway in to the antis. Just don't do anything that might upset moms demand action, right? It doesn't matter to me if you carry a rifle or a handgun, a machete or a friggin bazooka as long as you do it in a safe manner. The antis right to feel peachy does not supercede other's rights to open carry, where allowed. It's that simple. It's just like with gay marriage. As long as your actions don't affect my life, how is it any of my business what you do, as long as it's legal?

Winner +1,000

!! it's a right and a choice, just because you don't make that choice doesn't give you the right to step on my RIGHTS to do so.
Now, run along and go and play with the unicorns.

Winner +1,000

!! it's a right and a choice, just because you don't make that choice doesn't give you the right to step on my RIGHTS to do so.
Now, run along and go and play with the unicorns.

Not sure anyone said, anywhere in this thread, at all... not even once... that it wasn't your right to do so. In fact, the exact opposite was said I believe, multiple times.

Serious question though... no BS. What logical sense does it make, to OC a rifle? A solid reason, for my own personal knowledge, why someone would choose to OC a rifle as their means of self defense over a pistol for your daily errands. If someone can answer that for me, I'd very appreciative. Total serious question.

Answers not allowed: "BECAUSE ITS MAH RIIIIIIIIGHTS!" Yah I get that part.

Not sure anyone said, anywhere in this thread, at all... not even once... that it wasn't your right to do so. In fact, the exact opposite was said I believe, multiple times.

Serious question though... no BS. What logical sense does it make, to OC a rifle? A solid reason, for my own personal knowledge, why someone would choose to OC a rifle as their means of self defense over a pistol for your daily errands. If someone can answer that for me, I'd very appreciative. Total serious question.

You may want to ask this question to one of the guys who spent time in the sandbox. There's a reason why they carry rifles. A rifle hits harder, faster follow up shots, has greater capacity, higher accuracy.

Because I can, and sometimes I like being a douche.

It is a statement against the indoctrination that says that all guns are inherently evil.

Unfortunately, we are not in a situation where almost nation-wide there is a built in bias against seeing guns. It ranges from "we'd rather not in any area that isn't a forest" to SWATing people for BB-guns.

This needs to change as the current mentality is a threat to public safety.

An accidental, momentary, incidental "exposure" of a rifle (or handgun) now leads to vastly inappropriate response by people programmed to fear them.

Correcting this requires both legislative reform to stop criminalizing the safe handling of firearms as well as restoring a more rational view of firearms as tools who's function is highly contextual and dependent on the user.

In short, we are going to have to stop hiding to change minds even if we'd rather just not discuss it in every possible context.

Some of the earliest gun control laws that weren't just blatant racism were focused on concealability as the primary evil. NFA itself is very concerned about rifles and guns that were easily concealed or disguised. Now we have gone FR the other way and they want us to hide our shame at all times so they can pretend guns don't exist.

Dumb people can't tell the difference between exercising a right and abusing a right. Hint: abusing a right is when you exercise a right for no logical reason, just merely to annoy/intimidate/rub it in peoples' faces. And of course, abuse of a right leads to a restriction of that right. While yelling "IT'S MAH RIIIIIGHTS" may let you carry your AK into Starbucks, there is no actual logical reason for you to do so (not a dangerous, late-night, high-crime, unlit, isolated area) nor is that the best firearm for the job (rifle in a tight indoor area full of tables and chairs, with lots of innocents and glass windows with pedestrians outside). That is dumb. And the reason it pisses me off isn't that it is dumb, because to be honest, I love it when dumb people put a sign on themselves to let me know they are dumb (convenient), it pisses me off because you are the people that PUSH stores and govts into restricting such rights. And when they end up restricting, they don't just restrict dumb people from bringing AKs and ARs, they restrict everyone from bringing everything.

So stop being dumb and stop pushing the envelope. Exercise your rights, don't abuse them, or you are just proving you aren't mature enough to have them to those who want to take them away. No one is stepping on your damn rights, in fact you are stepping on my damn rights by being a posterchild for stupidity and creating a problem where non exists. Stop causing my rights to be restricted by acting like a 5 yr old and packing a rifle to places where no one has ever needed a rifle since the 1600s (if ever), just to poke liberals in the eye. Your Target/Starbucks/whatever is not located in disputed Indian territory, and there are no bears. If you want to open carry a rifle all day, go hunting or go to freaking Afghanistan. I'm sure plenty of our soldiers would love for you to take their place.

Dumb people can't tell the difference between exercising a right and abusing a right. Hint: abusing a right is when you exercise a right for no logical reason, just merely to annoy/intimidate/rub it in peoples' faces. And of course, abuse of a right leads to a restriction of that right. While yelling "IT'S MAH RIIIIIGHTS" may let you carry your AK into Starbucks, there is no actual logical reason for you to do so (not a dangerous, late-night, high-crime, unlit, isolated area) nor is that the best firearm for the job (rifle in a tight indoor area full of tables and chairs, with lots of innocents and glass windows with pedestrians outside). That is dumb. And the reason it pisses me off isn't that it is dumb, because to be honest, I love it when dumb people put a sign on themselves to let me know they are dumb (convenient), it pisses me off because you are the people that PUSH stores and govts into restricting such rights. And when they end up restricting, they don't just restrict dumb people from bringing AKs and ARs, they restrict everyone from bringing everything.

So stop being dumb and stop pushing the envelope. Exercise your rights, don't abuse them, or you are just proving you aren't mature enough to have them to those who want to take them away. No one is stepping on your damn rights, in fact you are stepping on my damn rights by being a posterchild for stupidity and creating a problem where non exists. Stop causing my rights to be restricted by acting like a 5 yr old and packing a rifle to places where no one has ever needed a rifle since the 1600s (if ever), just to poke liberals in the eye. Your Target/Starbucks/whatever is not located in disputed Indian territory, and there are no bears. If you want to open carry a rifle all day, go hunting or go to freaking Afghanistan. I'm sure plenty of our soldiers would love for you to take their place.
Piers Morgan, is that you? Sounds awfully familiar: nobody NEEDS a semi automatic rifle. You just added "at Starbucks" to fit in the context. Are you still pissed they cancelled your show?

Its that easy .. IT'S A RIGHT!! Don't like it then close eyes or move to Madagascar..

Hint: abusing a right is when you exercise a right for no logical reason, just merely to annoy/intimidate/rub it in peoples' faces.
If the only harm that comes to people is that they choose to be offended or irrationally afraid, then I disagree.

Exercising a right in this manner is now political speech and amongst the key things that 1A was intended to protect.

By your logic, since Rosa Parks had a seat on the bus (in the back) there would be no reason to sit in the front just to rub it in their face.

Back
Top Bottom