• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maximum Reciprocity Achieved! (9 CCW Permits)

I’m impressed that you got the temporary MA LTC. I lived in MA for most of my life and I had an LTC and it seemed iffy when I applied. Of course, the $100 per year instead of $100 for 6 years must make someone there happy.

I’m more impressed by DC and MD. those must be new processes and absolutely brutal. Compare to the mass bullshit garbage process..

wow, it only took this many posts for the NES skinflint club to arrive…. 🤣

yes, let’s all shit on the kid for wanting to stay the f*** out of jail when he travels about the country…. [rolleyes]
10k is a saw... a barret... a mcmillan

That's not skin flinty

I keep thinking about RI and CT. I just need to get off my butt and do it.
About the only good thing I can/will say about CT's SLFU is that they DO issue permits unless they have proper cause not to, (not that bullshit of "unsuitable"). In order to legally carry a firearm in CT, (and even to purchase ammunition), you need a permit - and they do not recognize anyone else's. Their process is clearly documented, and easily done.

I've been thinking about getting a RI permit lately, I shot at Bradford a couple times last year and enjoyed it.

Free men don't ask permission.
Just saying
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you live in CT?
Got a weapons permit?

So? It's not that much money in the grand scheme of things. And his renew cost for all that probably won't be nearly what he spent up front, either.
So few seem to get it. You do though.

Lots of people will bark "Just carry without a permit". I would venture to say those people don't have much to lose. I do.

Depending on the State, if I get arrested once for carrying without a Permit these are my prize options:

1) Spend time in Jail (And risk being attacked while incarcerated)
2) Lawyers fees will easily exceed $10k
3) Possibly have to Pay Bail
4) Possibly become a Prohibited Person.
5) If I become prohibited, I lose my FFL and Firearm Training Business

For those who say "why get permits for antigun states? Just avoid them".

We travel. We take vacations, We travel for business purposes. We take our kids places. We try to enjoy life. We leave our home and we leave our State. We love this Country and enjoy seeing it.

Sometimes we travel through States we have no intention of spending money or time in. We travel through those States not because we want to, we do it to avoid an unnecessarily long detour.

Being forced to jump through these hoops to exercise my rights is tyranny. Its 100% unconstitutional. Acquiring these permits is stay out of jail insurance, nothing more. It does not mean I endorse permits, fees, training, and hurdles. Every state should be permitless carry.

I'll continue to fight laws that restrict our 2A rights and do my very best to stay out of jail.

I’m more impressed by DC and MD. those must be new processes and absolutely brutal. Compare to the mass bullshit garbage process..
If I were to rank the permits from easiest to hardest to obtain it would be:

1) NH - Mail in a single page
2) FL
3) UT
4) CT - paperwork is very specific and tedious but if you follow it to a T you'll be fine
5) MI
6) MD
7) MA - Have to drive to MA for an interview and the wait for the permit takes forever. For me it was 8 months
8) RI - Have to drive to pick up the permit in person (Foster) also takes forever
9) DC - The paperwork is so confusing and they ask a ton of gotcha questions like the UPC number for your firearm which is totally irrelevant. However, I was issued just 6 days after applying which is laser fast for them

Last edited:
So? It's not that much money in the grand scheme of things. And his renew cost for all that probably won't be nearly what he spent up front, either.
Assuming the laws stay the same in terms of reciprocity, permit fees, the application process, etc. Here is what the renewal fees will be:

1) NH - Won't renew. Not needed anymore for reciprocity.
2) FL - Won't renew. Not needed anymore for reciprocity.
3) UT - Will likely renew although it isn't necessary for reciprocity. $25
4) CT - $70
5) MI - $115
6) MD - $75 plus I have to take a recert training that will likely cost $100
7) MA - $100 every single year (This is obviously an unconstitutionally high fee)
8) RI - $40
9) DC - Think it's $75 plus recert course $100 likely

So renewal fees + training will probs be somewhere near $500 over the course of several years. So substantially less than 10k but not insignificant

On the internet everyone is a bad ass. :)

For some reason, my online AR-15 technical content makes some people completely lose their mind. It's not intended to be controversial.

That being said, I never take the chatter of crazy people lightly, nor do I underestimate them.
Our modern society is a prolific producer of crazy people.
They are 99% of the reason I carry 100% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom