• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In your experience, what’s the most discrete CCW setup?

I do own a 365 w/ a vedder holster- but I work in the restaurant industry. Even that would be difficult to conceal an entire shift given how much I move around etc.

What might be the best setup to avoid printing/etc?

Anyone pulled this off w/ certain firearms/holsters etc? Hoodies are not part of the acceptable attire unfortunately!

I do own a 365 w/ a vedder holster- but I work in the restaurant industry. Even that would be difficult to conceal an entire shift given how much I move around etc.

Anyone pulled this off w/ certain firearms/holsters etc? Hoodies are not part of the acceptable attire unfortunately!
How are you built
What do you wear
What is your role

(For example, it's easier if you're the dude in the kitchen wearing whites than the cute waitress in the fitted blouse. )

Phlster Enigma is a poplar choice...

Someone like Vasily Zaitzev at 200 m, watching?

Seriously - more details will yield a better answer: front of house? Chef? Host/ess/er?

How crowded is the place, and will you have to slide by co-workers, close enough for them to feel your piece, and either call HR, or give you their cellphone number? (Remember: Inappropriate Touch Tuesday is generally followed by No Eye Contact Wednesday).

Maybe an ankle holster while on shift and then take your usual iwb holster for when you go home? Shoulder carry under your shirt? Not sure how tight the clothing is, that may not work. Ankle is Not great for quick access, though.

I would love to hear input on the phlster from anyone experienced with it. I wonder if it would accommodate a rmr on the pistol. That's why pocket carry usually doesn’t work for me.

How are you built
What do you wear
What is your role

(For example, it's easier if you're the dude in the kitchen wearing whites than the cute waitress in the fitted blouse. )

Phlster Enigma is a poplar choice...
Athletic build.
Front of house management/food running/door guy etc.
Black V Neck and khakis.

Kahr PM9, on your 6.

positives:
- tiny gun
- very easy to conceal, even for peoppe that like to wear proper fitting clothes.
- not pointing at your junk.
- not pointing at arteries.

Negatives:
- drawing: it is slower and you need to practice how to properly draw. Most people sweep themselves.
- if you fall on your back, it will hurt. However, how often does this happen? Most people fall on their butt or somewhat sideways. But working in a restaurant your hands will be busy, so think about this.
- if you bend over, you have to be careful the shirt doesn't ride up.

This could be done with a 365.

Kahr PM9, on your 6.

positives:
- tiny gun
- very easy to conceal, even for peoppe that like to wear proper fitting clothes.
- not pointing at your junk.
- not pointing at arteries.

Negatives:
- drawing: it is slower and you need to practice how to properly draw. Most people sweep themselves.
- if you fall on your back, it will hurt. However, how often does this happen? Most people fall on their butt or somewhat sideways. But working in a restaurant your hands will be busy, so think about this.
- if you bend over, you have to be careful the shirt doesn't ride up.

This could be done with a 365.

I’ve got a PM9. I don’t understand why someone would carry it any way other than pocket carry.

I’ve got a PM9. I don’t understand why someone would carry it any way other than pocket carry.
Not everyone pocket carries. Some people use their pockets for other things like keys, phone, wallet ...

I carry my keys and cards in my left pocket, my phone in my right pocket. No room for a gun.

Last edited:
Someone like Vasily Zaitzev at 200 m, watching?

Seriously - more details will yield a better answer: front of house? Chef? Host/ess/er?

How crowded is the place, and will you have to slide by co-workers, close enough for them to feel your piece, and either call HR, or give you their cellphone number? (Remember: Inappropriate Touch Tuesday is generally followed by No Eye Contact Wednesday).
Details above^

Tight quarters def bumping into people/workers on the regular. Establishment is very small- only like 50 seats.

1911 commander in an OWB leather mernickle mid rise holster with a shirt over it. People are going to have way more discreet answers than me. But that is as discreet as I've gotten in my experience. Haven't felt the need to chase the more discreet setups.

Not everyone pocket carries. Some people use their pockets for other things like keys, phone, wallet ...

I carry my keys and cards in my left pocket, my phone in my right pocket. No room for a gun.
If I’m going to carry in a holster on my belt and wear a cover garment, then I can carry something easier to shoot than my PM9, like my 43x.

I wear cargo pants — plenty of pockets.

Back
Top Bottom