• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In your experience, what’s the most discrete CCW setup?

Back pocket carry, find a good rear pocket holster and it goes into the pocket where your wallet is. Replace the wallet with a money clip with just what you need to have while at work: license, permit, maybe a credit card or a little bit of cash and that goes into one of the front pockets. And if the Kahr PM9 is too big, the Kahr P380 is smaller, lighter and kicks less.

Back pocket is easiest to pickpocket form
This is why i like appendix carry. You might be able to bump and lift from a cargo pocket or even hip holster, but if your hands go near my junk im gonna notice, and your control is sharpest and your hands are strongest near your center line.

Last edited:
Back pocket is easiest to pickpocket form
This is why i like appendix carry. You might be able to bump and lift from a cargo pocket or even hip holster, but if your hands go near my junk im gonna notice, and your control is sharpest and your hands are strongest near your center line.
The other benefit of AIWB is that anyone who could possibly see you is in your field of vision. If your shirt rides up & gets stuck on the gun at 3 or 4 o’clock people off to the side might be able to see it without you noticing. If your shirt gets stuck over your AIWB you’ll notice who’s staring at your belt buckle (happened to me once).

It’s also infinitely easier to defend someone trying to take it from you AIWB than any other IWB.

Pocket is ok but I don’t like the bulk and I have an Alabama kydex pocket holster which IMO is the best kydex pocket holster on the market. Even w the Bodyguard pocket I prefer AIWB w the 365 for overall concealability & comfort.

The other benefit of AIWB is that anyone who could possibly see you is in your field of vision. If your shirt rides up & gets stuck on the gun at 3 or 4 o’clock people off to the side might be able to see it without you noticing. If your shirt gets stuck over your AIWB you’ll notice who’s staring at your belt buckle (happened to me once).

It’s also infinitely easier to defend someone trying to take it from you AIWB than any other IWB.

Pocket is ok but I don’t like the bulk and I have an Alabama kydex pocket holster which IMO is the best kydex pocket holster on the market. Even w the Bodyguard pocket I prefer AIWB w the 365 for overall concealability & comfort.
I use a Mika pocket holster. It is flexible so it doesn’t print as much as a kydex pocket holster.

Working as a bouncer ive stopped fights in their tracks with a bright light. Ive destroyed night vision to the point people were swinging at ghosts and even made one really drugged out menace fall to his hands and knees and puke with a strobe.
Yeah i have a few stream lights that would do that lol...

Unfortunately too much printing.

I’m thinking ankle holster may be the only option but that’s bound to get annoying AF on a 12 hour shift…
For me the trick with an ankle holster is to use it with boots. The boot keeps the holster from sliding down or pulling a sock down, and I don't need a strap around the top of my calf. Super comfortable, stays put. I like the Galco neoprene holster and a J frame, sometimes carry a speed strip. No go for me with a G26/27, too clunky. Haven't tried a 365 yet though.
No issues bumping it into door frames, digging into my ribs, etc. Can wear fitted shirts tucked in and use my pockets.
Yes, you could probably time my draw with a minute hand but at least I have something with me.

Last edited:

To me the best part of AIWB is pointing a loaded gun at myself the entire day.

Living on the edge makes me feel alive.

Thing is, everyone is different in their comfort. I can't carry AIWB, it isn't that I'm uncomfortable pointing at my junk, it's just the way my body is and the way my pants are comfortable, the gun digs into me at both muzzle and grip, depending on how I'm positioned. I usually go 4:00, but lately I've just been wearing a shoulder rig and a flannel shirt. I'm big enough that the holster disappears under my arm and you'd never know I was armed, likewise on my hip, my shoulders are big enough to allow my shirts to drape and conceal - I don't wear fitted dress shirts, though.

My son, 12 years old and 5'4", 120 pounds doesn't understand why I don't wear it AIWB. I told him to try wearing it all day and report back, so he strapped up the Glock 21 AIWB (unloaded) and wore it around the house all day - no issues. Concealment was perfect in a simple T shirt and jeans. When he tried a shoulder rig, it was uncomfortable and made his upper body look and feel awkward, and wearing at 4:00 for him prints a huge bulge on one side because he's so small.

If you wear cowboy boots, you can clip an IWB holster into the left inside boot while you're working. Slow draw, but you'll be armed - I don't know your circumstances to know if you need a speedy presentation, or just the ability to return fire eventually. After your shift, you can switch it from boot to belt for better access on the way to the car.

Thing is, everyone is different in their comfort. I can't carry AIWB, it isn't that I'm uncomfortable pointing at my junk, it's just the way my body is and the way my pants are comfortable, the gun digs into me at both muzzle and grip, depending on how I'm positioned. I
I’ve tried AIWB with my 43x using several holsters and I just haven’t made it work. Unfortunately I’ve still got a bit of a gut, so positioning the gun right at 12:00 just doesn’t work for me. I have to position it at more like 1:30, but then the muzzle digs into my thigh when I sit down.

I might try the Phlster as that allows positioning of the holster independent of your belt.

Back
Top Bottom