• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

In your experience, what’s the most discrete CCW setup?

If you're not an undercover operator or a spy, who gives a crap if your carry weapon prints a little?
I say, just do what's comfortable and convenient. Whether it shows a bit is inconsequential.

Unfortunately too much printing.

I’m thinking ankle holster may be the only option but that’s bound to get annoying AF on a 12 hour shift…
Back pocket carry, find a good rear pocket holster and it goes into the pocket where your wallet is. Replace the wallet with a money clip with just what you need to have while at work: license, permit, maybe a credit card or a little bit of cash and that goes into one of the front pockets. And if the Kahr PM9 is too big, the Kahr P380 is smaller, lighter and kicks less.

Back pocket carry, find a good rear pocket holster and it goes into the pocket where your wallet is. Replace the wallet with a money clip with just what you need to have while at work: license, permit, maybe a credit card or a little bit of cash and that goes into one of the front pockets. And if the Kahr PM9 is too big, the Kahr P380 is smaller, lighter and kicks less.
I wasn’t even thinking of back pocket carry… That’s a very interesting idea and never even heard of it. Thought everyone was breaking balls when they said keister carry🤣

There is a fbi study out there that tracks gun use in defensive situations by caliber. While 9mm is certainly judicial, .22lr was statistically just as good as stopping events simply because the victim was shooting back.

If I had no other option, I'd consider a smaller caliber, maybe not a .22 but a .32 wouldn't be off the table.

Quarters are too tight not possible given attire. Would need to wear snowpants to pull that one off.
Are you wearing a unitard?

Seriously, if your khakis are cut correctly, there's no reason you couldn't make thunderwear/belly band work. Or, like @Broc said, put something small at 6 o'clock and learn to squat rather than bend over.

Unfortunately too much printing.

I’m thinking ankle holster may be the only option but that’s bound to get annoying AF on a 12 hour shift…
If you use proper pocket holster the bulge will not look like a gun, it will look like a wallet. Cell phones made bulges legal (and ignored)

The huge problem with an ankle holster is that you have to kneel stationary to draw. Usually never a good idea in a gun fight

💯. It cracks me up when guys say they comfortably EDC a 5 inch steel 1911
I’m sure there are some folks that can do that. But I suspect they are quite large. I’m 5’ 9”, 160 lbs. I’m just not a large person (which is an advantage on airline flights).

Pocket carry is the most discreet imho but this setup with the foxx at 5’o clock works with any slightly loose buttoned down shirt or lightweight jacket.

46E6AE54-C2B8-4E7F-B654-C31AD118F77F.jpeg

I’m sure there are some folks that can do that. But I suspect they are quite large. I’m 5’ 9”, 160 lbs. I’m just not a large person (which is an advantage on airline flights).
At 6'3" 190, I may be disadvantaged on flights, but that GI model is NBD whether 4 o'clock or appendix ;)
Every/body is different.

If you're not an undercover operator or a spy, who gives a crap if your carry weapon prints a little?
I say, just do what's comfortable and convenient. Whether it shows a bit is inconsequential.
Lol some people carry in non permissive emlnvionments where maintaining concealment is kind of a big deal.

I do however, think most people think too much about this.

💯. It cracks me up when guys say they comfortably EDC a 5 inch steel 1911

I wasn't focusing on that too much per se... bit rather the overall idea that sometimes people "try too hard" and this ends up causing "overshooting the objective". EX: like people will have holsters that hide the gun well but are uncomfortable. Other people will subtly detect your discomfort, etc. It sounds retarded but its like a feng shui thing with guns. If it feels like it belongs there you're not as likely to throw "tells".

Good points to consider for sure, but for most people in MA at least the idea that someone would be carrying a firearm doesn’t even cross their mind. I doubt any of them would even know someone had a firearm even if they saw them printing as they walked by.

One thing to point out about printing is that you can’t hide the gun from yourself. You will notice things that others won’t.

“Those who notice don’t care, those who care don’t notice” 😉

I agree.

Carry a flashlight too

But if you ever are in the dark a light silouettes your sights visably

Working as a bouncer ive stopped fights in their tracks with a bright light. Ive destroyed night vision to the point people were swinging at ghosts and even made one really drugged out menace fall to his hands and knees and puke with a strobe.

Back
Top Bottom