• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What’s with all the hype here for the Glock 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, here we are. 2 pages deep, still ZERO shops named. If they're so prevalent, and so easy to come by, and the shop selling them are only following the law, why is everybody here wetting themselves in fear over not naming even one? What are you afraid of?

I walked into a gun shop in Massachusetts yesterday and walked out with a brand new fde glock 19 for the price 4 seasons wants for a beat to shit 2nd gen glock 22. All laws followed.

If you can't drive a tractor trailer well, should I assume you can not drive?
If you own a Jet Ski, should you be able to Captain an Air Craft Carrier?

Yes, I can shoot. I don't claim to be a great shooter but I can shoot, but I respectfully submit that shooting an old Webley takes a lot more effort than a CZ Shadow 2.
I can shoot a Glock, but why would I want to when there are so many better options.

If you cant shoot a glock as fast or as accurate as gun xyz i can empathize, but literally anybody with even the most basic handgun fundamentals training should be able to hold, aim, slow-fire, and control recoil on any handgun platform enough to put accurate groups on paper at standard distances.

Pistols are pistols, they're not all that different, and they havent really changed all that much. Sure some minor design variations will help you eek out some minor improvements in speed, accuracy, consistency, etc but at the end of the day if you cant accurately shoot one, especially one that millions of people demonstrate proficiency with daily, then its not the gun.

I was gong to start a thread on a G19 but figured here would be better. I have a Glock 19, love it, but was at one of my small mom and pop shops and saw another G19 for $350. The backstrap was dirty like it had spend its life in a truck door pocket but aside from that, clean as a whistle with zero sign of wear or use. Had a magpul mag, no OEM mag, but oh well, so I bought it and slapped a set of meprolites on it. Since I have two, I want to bedazzle this thing out for shits and giggles, range use. Theres nothing about the 19 I feel needs improving, I'm proficient with them, but what mods are useful, what mods are counter productive? I'm thinking of an aftermarket slide cut for an optic, lightened with a window or ported with a gold or copper colored barrel, again, something just for fun. I don't ever really get into what I call "Kool-Aide" guns but I've seen some that look pretty snazzy so figured why not.

Are they actually fetching a pretty penny, or is a pretty penny being asked over and over?
This.....stupid prices are likely not being paid until you come across a newbie or someone that just doesn't want to deal with 5 minutes of research or listens to people that don't know their ass from their elbow about MA law.

Last edited:
Just search the funny thread for "Chris".
Looks like it was changed a couple times, thunderking probably wants to remain anonymous. That's probably why he switched to sausageguy. At least he came back, and is a green member. Good on him for that.

I walked into a gun shop in Massachusetts yesterday and walked out with a brand new fde glock 19 for the price 4 seasons wants for a beat to shit 2nd gen glock 22. All laws followed.

What shop?

This thread is comical. Somebody needs to call the wambulance.

"You can buy Glocks, it's perfectly legal..."

Okay, tell me where.

"Whaaaa....... don't want to post it here. I'm scared and don't want to call attention to my guy"

Why. Don't you want to see him get more legit business and do well? Do you not think that he would appreciate that? Or does your guy not like money?

"Go read the Boston Globe. We plead the 5th"

......and in so doing, make my exact point while also answering the OP's question.

This thread is devoid of reality, where some of the people here are quite literally arguing with themselves. It's perfectly legal. But we're not going to talk about it we keep it all under the table. Yea, because that's normal behavior for someone engaging in legal and legit economic activity.

Okay buddy.... Okay..... That sounds like liberal logic to me. But you go with it. You do you...

I know name-calling can be easier than acknowledging the truth. But you guys should try taking the hard road and acknowledging reality sometime.

The OP asked a question. This discussion provides a very clear answer. There are no such things as absolutes. Just because there are rare exceptions to the rule does not mean those exceptions become the rule.

Some people here will boast that they're able to buy new Glocks from an FFL willing to sell you one. Great. Good for you. I'm glad you have access to that resource. But the fact of the matter is that for your average rando, they're going to have a really tough time. And so again, the scarcity of the resource drives the price. I don't know why that is so difficult for some here to acknowledge.

Last edited:
What shop?

Okay, tell me where.

"Whaaaa....... don't want to post it here. I'm scared and don't want to call attention to my guy"

Why. Don't you want to see him get more legit business and do well? Do you not think that he would appreciate that? Or does your guy not like money?

......and in so doing, make my exact point while also answering the OP's question.

This thread is devoid of reality, where some of the people here are quite literally arguing with themselves. It's perfectly legal. But we're not going to talk about it we keep it all under the table. Yea, because that's normal behavior for someone engaging in legal and legit economic activity.

Okay buddy.... Okay..... That sounds like liberal logic to me. But you go with it. You do you...

I know name-calling can be easier than acknowledging the truth. But you guys should try taking the hard road and acknowledging reality sometime.

The OP asked a question. This discussion provides a very clear answer. There are no such things as absolutes. Just because there are rare exceptions to the rule does not mean those exceptions become the rule.

Some people here will boast that they're able to buy new Glocks from an FFL willing to sell you one. Great. Good for you. I'm glad you have access to that resource. But the fact of the matter is that for your average rando, they're going to have a really tough time. And so again, the scarcity of the resource drives the price. I don't know why that is so difficult for some here to acknowledge.
Nobody is scared the deal is nobody wants to expose their dealer to an a**h*** like you

What shop?

Okay, tell me where.

Same reason we don't post who sells ammo out of state here. (Except TSUSA who everyone knows is OK with not getting jammed up)
Maybe you want to start useless rant on that too......

Unwanted attention for doing nothing from liberals, which any jackass here knows happens in this state.

Yup Joe Rando will have to figure out where to get his ammo online too. Boo Hoo.

But realistically higher pricing on off list pistols exists because its a limited amount of dealers that want to do that legal transaction.

There are also limited amount of dealers that won't do ANY transfer but only sell whats in the shop.....do you need a list of those too?

How about the ones that will ONLY do transfers....need a list?

My point is some dealers are only willing to do certain things...big deal....

So your right....are you happy now?...someone agreed with you. Even though anyone with 1/4 of a brain cell can figure out where to get an off list pistol. It is truly a limited resource which someone may or may not have to pay more for if they are not paying attention.

My question to you is do you like Liberals and the state coming to gun stores and shaking them down for nothing? Because thats where your headed with this.

Feel free to out yourself if that's the case.

Last edited:
What shop?

Okay, tell me where.

I'm not naming any shops because, frankly, I'm equal parts amused by your complaining and amazed by you being too lazy to do 5min of searching. Seriously, in half the time it took you to write that post you could've easily figured out what shops to go to - it's been mentioned in this thread, it's all over reddit, it's literally in the paper; no one is going to spoon feed you at this point.

I'm not naming any shops because, frankly, I'm equal parts amused by your complaining and amazed by you being too lazy to do 5min of searching. Seriously, in half the time it took you to write that post you could've easily figured out what shops to go to - it's been mentioned in this thread, it's all over reddit, it's literally in the paper; no one is going to spoon feed you at this point.
@ThePreBanMan THIS ^

1. I know where to get one if I want one
2. I have no interest in owning a Block... The last one I owned I, sold here in the classifieds for 800 buckeroos
3. I'm not complaining. I'm amused by the mental gymnastics being played here by those afraid to utter the worst-kept secret on the internet
4. I'm amused by the denial of reality that allowed me to sell my cinderBlock 21 here for 800 buckeroos.

But like I said brotato. You do you. You guys can keep dancing around the OP question and reality like fairies. I'll continue to laugh and find amusement at your expense.

2. I have no interest in owning a Block... The last one I owned I, sold here in the classifieds for 800 buckeroos
3. I'm not complaining. I'm amused by the mental gymnastics being played here by those afraid to utter the worst-kept secret on the internet
4. I'm amused by the denial of reality that allowed me to sell my cinderBlock 21 here for 800 buckeroos.

But like I said brotato. You do you. You guys can keep dancing around the OP question and reality like fairies. I'll continue to laugh and find amusement at your expense.
Ugh. The death rattle of the defeated.

Brotato!! 🤣🤣 +1

A percentage of the market willing to act retarded or irrational does not a market average make.

"I won at playing arbitrage with a gun so the gun /must/ be scarce hard to come by" = the most retarded assumption anyone could make.

It's no different than a couple buying a house that gets into an irrational bidding war because the buyers wife gets a serious case of FOMO about the house they're looking at, and they get wind that there are multiple offers on the table... and then next thing you know the guys wife causes them to spend an extra 50 Grand to try to make sure that they will outgun the next lowest bidder. So he commits to the money to get her to shut the f*** up. 🤣

That doesn't mean that the average comparable will usually for sell for that. That's one sample. Even if 40-60% of MA gun owners are absolute sub retard dumbasses, that doesn't mean that there's an actual scarcity of product. Like as another example... at Deli ticket Emporium there was always some guy that was putting like polished up field grade M1 Garands on consignment, for stupid prices, and apparently some people paid them.... but that doesn't mean that the industry or even MA average for that particular rifle is actually that high. It's simply because it's being offered within the DTE reality distortion field aribtrage bubble.

My feeling is you got lucky and found the village idiot. Congrats you raped a MA gun owner. Your a solid guy.

Generally i sell mine for what I bought them for.......

A) Because shooting a gun for a while and owning it for a year or two, and getting what you paid for it is a good deal to me. Ive sold some at much less than I paid because they sat unsold or went to a close friend.
B) Im not a douchebag that would rape a newbie MA gun owner, certainly would not rape a friend.
C) Its not that easy to sell a stock no night sights, no add ons glock for 800.....I'd have to bump it 700 times probably and I like to just sell my guns.

Am I leaving money on the table....possibly? See B....kinda where I'm at "brotato"

But, Lately...I don't think so. Everyone with a third grade education knows where to get a new off list pretty much.

Last edited:
What shop?

Okay, tell me where.

For the love of GOD!!! Just got to F*cking Mill and take your pick. How much clearer can someone get. Hell, I don't even remember the name of the place I bought mine. Jeesus H Christ

My feeling is you got lucky and found the village idiot. Congrats you raped a MA gun owner. Your a solid guy.

Generally i sell mine for what I bought them for.......

A) Because shooting a gun and getting what you paid for it is a good deal to me.
B) Im not a douchebag that would rape a newbie MA gun owner.
C) Its not that easy to sell a glock for 800.....I'd have to bump it 700 times probably and I like to just sell my guns.

Actually I kind of doubt that it's not hard to sell things with Arbitrage depending on what's going on or the positioning of the item in the marketplace etc. TPB might be an idiot but in general the practice of Arbitrage is not some horrible thing. I also don't get emotional about newbies getting hosed or anything like that some of that is their own choice and their own fault. I don't really understand that kind of concern it's kind of like being concerned that like a guy tells somebody he'll win a hundred bucks if he punches himself in the dick and then you see the guy punching himself in the dick and not getting the hundred bucks cuz he was stupid enough to actually believe it or whatever. Unless the person being told these things is like elderly senile or actually retarded, I don't really see some kind of injustice going on.

There are cases literally everywhere where every day people pay Arbitrage prices. Like for example I paid like 10 bucks for a quart of oil the other day because I was at a car that was 1qt low and I didn't have the time or the means to dick around with trying to get to an auto parts store. Yes I know the oil is overpriced but I just actually don't give a shit. I have had people buy guns and computers from me and other things knowing that they could pay less money and literally not caring but because of the positioning of the product in the convenience it changes the value proposition for them. Not everybody operates on "skinflint brain, no limits, must flint on everything". Mode.

Reactions: Cap
@Mark from MA like as an example one time I paid like about $150 more for a typically $1600 gun than I normally would because my usual guy was able to get it for me easily. I didn't want to dick around with GunBroker and setting up a transfer and then waiting for all that shit to happen, whereas with the guy that I already use I only had to show up to pay the money and then briefly later on the inbound.

Well, then, what is an acceptable way on here for a newbie to learn such things? Will some of you who seem to know respond to PMs?

Yeah, maybe it's dicking around with newbies but this isn't all that hard to find out. Like I said above, the best place to buy guns at great prices is the Mill in Littleton. There's like 10-20 FFL shops there selling legal items that is pissing the MA Gov't off to no end. Take a Saturday off and head to Littleton and you will not be disappointed.

As to places that ship ammo to MA, there's one advertising right now on the board. It's Target Sport USA. They told Maura to F off and shipped to MA when everyone else crawled into their shell. It's no big secret here even though we sometimes act like it is. Be sure that the state knows who they are, but overall can't do anything to them as they are doing legal interstate commerce.

Enjoy these places now as there is legislation currently being discussed on Beacon Hill that will shut all of this down. Don't wait too long.

Seriously, in half the time it took you to write that post you could've easily figured out what shops to go to
You know that's not true. How about supporting that statement by posting a search string that will return some dealers who will do transfers of off roster handguns? I'll bet $100 that you can't. The search string would have to be something that would occur to a newbie with a reasonable effort. It took me a while and a lot of effort. But maybe I am dumb.

I think you all enjoy playing this smoke and daggers game. Participating in a borderline activity, then relishing that you do when others are baffled by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom