What’s with all the hype here for the Glock 19?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going to the wrong gun shops

Oh, so I can buy a brand new Glock 19 Gen 5 from a gun shop in Massachusetts? Please, do tell where.

I'm not talking about no end run around the system where you buy a frame and then buy all the parts and assemble it yourself. Where can one buy a brand new, direct from manufacturer, complete, Factory sealed, brand new Glock 19 from a dealer in Massachusetts. Please do tell.

"Terrible grip angle!"

"Cheap sights!"

"Bad trigger!"

Maybe you just arent that good of a shooter?

If you cant pick up a factory glock (or any pistol for that matter) and put the majority of the rounds where you intend them to go but somehow expect me to believe that you'll do so astronomically better with something else, im gonna wonder.

Must be a reason why no one has ever successfully used a Glock in competition. I'd list some names but 99% of NES-ers won't know them anyways.

Oh, so I can buy a brand new Glock 19 Gen 5 from a gun shop in Massachusetts? Please, do tell where.

I'm not talking about no end run around the system where you buy a frame and then buy all the parts and assemble it yourself. Where can one buy a brand new, direct from manufacturer, complete, Factory sealed, brand new Glock 19 from a dealer in Massachusetts. Please do tell.
There once was a legendary man named Ron who believed there was only one legal "list" and not a second Maura's "secret list". A hidden gem in MA but sadly no more.

"Terrible grip angle!"

"Cheap sights!"

"Bad trigger!"

If you cant pick up a factory glock (or any pistol for that matter) and put the majority of the rounds where you intend them to go but somehow expect me to believe that you'll do so astronomically better with something else, im gonna wonder.
This. The trigger connoisseurs crack me up. The Gen 5 Glock trigger is perfectly serviceable and if you can't make it work then it's not the gun. Also, the grip angle thing is overblown IMO. I have Glocks and non Glocks and can switch back and forth without an issue.

Unfortunately they are the gold standard everyone tries to accomodate because they've been around so long and there are so many out there.

Problem with them is, they limit how thin a pistol can be because of the plastic coating and everyone wants thinner. Can't do it with Glock mags.

Metal mags are much better as far a making a pistol thinner. Case and point, my Mossy M2C2 carries 15 and is way thinner than a glock 19. (Not to mention half the cost, even with N/S)
Yet has the same basic footprint. Problem is, I'll never see MC2C mags fit my PC9 Carbine, so therefore I'll still own a G17.
Caniks are school buses though so this doesn't hold water. The angle of the magazine is probably the biggest hurdle. The angle ends up making for awkward designs if you're doing something other than cloning a glock.

"Terrible grip angle!"

"Cheap sights!"

"Bad trigger!"

Yep.

I hear way too many people talk about buying performance by buying gun or gun parts. Spend the money on ammo, spend the time dryfiring and doing practical drills. Train with a purpose; identify what you do poorly and focus on it.

For example, right now I'm focusing on reloads because I had a friend video two of my recent stages and I fumbled the hell out of a reload while moving to a star. Literally cost me at least two seconds - and that's two seconds I can fix. Also realized watching the video that while I come in with my gun up, leading to the target, that I sometimes fire my first shot before I've really got a good sight picture - and that's a miss. These are things I can fix.

I was just messing with you. Honestly I'd be all about a G17L.

Yeah, I was going for something humorous last night and was using that 'too short' bit as a set up, but my the life of me I woke up without a clue as to my original thought process.
Do you own a G17L?

Also realized watching the video that while I come in with my gun up, leading to the target, that I sometimes fire my first shot before I've really got a good sight picture - and that's a miss.
Tim Herron told me that my biggest problem is a lack of visual patience so I know what you're going through [laugh]

There are FFLs in MA still able to help you. However NES doesn't really like people snitching them out. Unless they're already wearing the rat badge proudly.

Snitching? Giving a LGS business is "snitching"?

That makes it almost sound like they would be doing something wrong.....

You see where this is going, I'm sure....

Tim Herron told me that my biggest problem is a lack of visual patience so I know what you're going through [laugh]
Tom Herron told me that i suck.

Not really. But.

His class was very useful. Thinking of taking it again in March.

Attachments

• IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    835.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Dude....really? Your not a newbie here.

Lol factory sealed? Its a glock not the maltese falcon. And there were lots of shops you could walk into. Also there is no such thing as direct from manufacturer. In most cases stuff comes through a distributor unless it's a special arrangement or something.

When I got started into guns (2009-ish) it was really the best option, XDs had just come out and I didn't like the ergonomics/bore height and silly pressed in extractor. So glock 19 it was. I took all my training classes with glocks, bought a crapload of mags (like 60+), parts, sights, holsters, barrels etc. Now it's too hard to change, both because of the re-training and also because of all the spares, accessories etc. I have for the platform. The guns and mags are also very competitive price-wise, and mags are much cheaper than sig (I have probably 40 mags I paid less than 20 dollars each for). I was in NC at that time and am about to move back in a few months so it doesn't matter much to me any more, but pre-bans are also fairly easy to find if you're stuck in MA. If I were to start again and price was no option I would probably go with something else. I shoot several other guns better than glock, but not better enough to justify spending the money to change platforms.

You post sh*t like this and expect people to help you?

Lol factory sealed? Its a glock not the maltese falcon. And there were lots of shops you could walk into. Also there is no such thing as direct from manufacturer. In most cases stuff comes through a distributor unless it's a special arrangement or something.
I think he is trying to break the law by not including an FFL in the transaction.

So if there are "lots", then name one. I've been into 4 different LGS in the last year or so. I never, not once, saw a new Glock that wasn't marked LE sales only.

You guys beating around the bush like this and you're obvious reluctance to name even one Shop is making my point. I'm asking you to stop arguing with yourself and name a shop. Else your only making my point, and talking in circles and doing mental gymnastics while you make it.

I think he is trying to break the law by not including an FFL in the transaction.

Not at all. It's simply a term used to describe walking into a local gun shop, an FFL, and buying a brand new Glock, as she shipped from the manufacturer. No b******* about buying frames, transferring the frame and then buying all the parts and assembling it or any other such cockamami mental gymnastics loophole that people try to do to get around the laws. Name me one local gun shop I can walk into right now and buy a brand new Glock 19.

Not at all. It's simply a term used to describe walking into a local gun shop, an FFL, and buying a brand new Glock, as she shipped from the manufacturer. No b******* about buying frames, transferring the frame and then buying all the parts and assembling it or any other such cockamami mental gymnastics loophole that people try to do to get around the laws. Name me one local gun shop I can walk into right now and buy a brand new Glock 19.

You’re wrong about getting around bullshit laws, at least in terms of Glocks.

Glocks are on the approved firearm roster. They also meet the “consumer protection” qualifications. They have a loaded chamber indicator.

However, the AG’s office has long declared that it’s somehow not a loaded chamber indicator. Glock refused to hand over information to the AG’s office, information that they were not legally required to hand over. And so, the AG’s office got spiteful.

So no, it is not against the letter of the law and regulations for an FFL to sell a new, complete Glock that can be found on one of the approved firearms rosters. It’s just against the AG’s non-expert, incorrect, and spiteful opinion on what a loaded chamber indicator is.

Sadly, the AG can operate unchecked with their factually incorrect opinion.

So if there are "lots", then name one. I've been into 4 different LGS in the last year or so. I never, not once, saw a new Glock that wasn't marked LE sales only.

You guys beating around the bush like this and you're obvious reluctance to name even one Shop is making my point. I'm asking you to stop arguing with yourself and name a shop. Else your only making my point, and talking in circles and doing mental gymnastics while you make it.

If only there was a location here in MA where there were a collection of over 50 FFLs that follow the actual law instead of what Maura would hope FFLs follow.

Wait, did I just snitch? Am I getting stitches now? Ouchie!

There once was a legendary man named Ron who believed there was only one legal "list" and not a second Maura's "secret list". A hidden gem in MA but sadly no more.
Yep in Dracut. That is where I bought my two Glocks (when he was still open). Before The End.

Do you own a G17L?
93d821efd721835df8b902ebe8e48c5a.jpg

or maybe a Mete SFX. or..... 2011 with an 8". I'm a minimum 6" guy

Simply put, the G19 is probably the most versatile handgun you can own. Especially when you consider the availability of LEGAL standard capacity mags in MA.

It's the one gun to own if you could only have one gun. But as such, I never carried mine and rarely shot it. I've got better carry guns. I've got better range guns.
I no longer own a G19 because of this. It's a great compromise, but some of us don't have to compromise.

For what it's worth, my primary carry gun now is an Sig P365 with a PMM comp. I am more accurate at speed with this than I am with any Glock other than a 34. Faster than a 17 and much easier to conceal. This particular gun has about 4500 rounds through it and is on its second recoil spring assembly and striker assembly. I just changed them both. No issues. I just want to keep it fresh and reliable.

I write all of this as a Glock and 1911 bigot. There are no other Sigs that are superior to their equivalent Glock. But the 365 stands head and shoulders above the 43/48. For a given size it holds more rounds and is much easier to shoot fast with accuracy. And as most of you know, defensive shooting is all about balancing speed with accuracy.

365-01.jpg

When I got started into guns (2009-ish) it was really the best option, XDs had just come out and I didn't like the ergonomics/bore height and silly pressed in extractor. So glock 19 it was. I took all my training classes with glocks, bought a crapload of mags (like 60+), parts, sights, holsters, barrels etc. Now it's too hard to change, both because of the re-training and also because of all the spares, accessories etc. I have for the platform. The guns and mags are also very competitive price-wise, and mags are much cheaper than sig (I have probably 40 mags I paid less than 20 dollars each for). I was in NC at that time and am about to move back in a few months so it doesn't matter much to me any more, but pre-bans are also fairly easy to find if you're stuck in MA. If I were to start again and price was no option I would probably go with something else. I shoot several other guns better than glock, but not better enough to justify spending the money to change platforms.
Yup. I’ve got probably 12 glocks, 10 holsters, 80 mags, 20 mag carriers. I was playing with one of my wife's P320's and I like it. But changing all the equipment? No.

You’re wrong about getting around bullshit laws, at least in terms of Glocks.

Glocks are on the approved firearm roster. They also meet the “consumer protection” qualifications. They have a loaded chamber indicator.

However, the AG’s office has long declared that it’s somehow not a loaded chamber indicator. Glock refused to hand over information to the AG’s office, information that they were not legally required to hand over. And so, the AG’s office got spiteful.

So no, it is not against the letter of the law and regulations for an FFL to sell a new, complete Glock that can be found on one of the approved firearms rosters. It’s just against the AG’s non-expert, incorrect, and spiteful opinion on what a loaded chamber indicator is.

Sadly, the AG can operate unchecked with their factually incorrect opinion.

I do not disagree with what you are saying at all. I know the story. I am making the point that regardless of the root cause, I cannot walk into a local gun shop right now, cash in hand, and walk out with a new Glock.

That is why you see Glock 19s selling for roughly $800 in the classifieds. Were you able to walk into a local gun shop and buy one, you wouldn't see that would you?

Regardless of the backstory, reality remains and the end result the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom