In your experience, what’s the most discrete CCW setup?

Personal defense is a lifestyle, not a fashion show. Dress for the gun.

Having to actually ever use a gun in self defense is way too unlikely to ever happen to be making your wardrobe decisions around it, particularly when there are plenty of perfectly capable defense options for any style/outfit, IMO.

For me the preferred extra-discreet option is a snub revolver in a deep holster carried appendix. I can’t stand having too much crap in my pockets and a handgun is too much crap. It’s all subjective though.

May I introduce you to the sneaky Pete holster…..
Something like the nerds in high school wore to carry their HP or Texas Instruments calculators.I was a chemistry guy myself.

Something like the nerds in high school wore to carry their HP or Texas Instruments calculators.I was a chemistry guy myself.
Those went out of style about 25yrs ago when phones and personal devices were the size of bibles.

Those went out of style about 25yrs ago when phones and personal devices were the size of bibles.
Those things are more likely to attract attention than potentially printing with an iwb pistol.

No one wears that stuff anymore. Everyone will look at you.

There was a time when people carried their phones like that, but last time I saw anyone do that was around 2010. I remember because I was in the Thomson Reuters building and thought "WTF".

I do own a 365 w/ a vedder holster- but I work in the restaurant industry. Even that would be difficult to conceal an entire shift given how much I move around etc.

What might be the best setup to avoid printing/etc?

Anyone pulled this off w/ certain firearms/holsters etc? Hoodies are not part of the acceptable attire unfortunately!
Ankle holster and non-skinny pants. /thread

Good point. In that case he can get 2 .380’s then and tape them upside down to his forearms under his sleeves and go monk style.
You'd have to take into account relative humidity throughout the work day, but sure. Go to serve some food and one of your gats gets loose.

No one wears that stuff anymore. Everyone will look at you.

There was a time when people carried their phones like that, but last time I saw anyone do that was around 2010. I remember because I was in the Thomson Reuters building and thought "WTF".
Everything old is new again…
PS. I would never use one…

I do own a 365 w/ a vedder holster- but I work in the restaurant industry. Even that would be difficult to conceal an entire shift given how much I move around etc.

What might be the best setup to avoid printing/etc?

Anyone pulled this off w/ certain firearms/holsters etc? Hoodies are not part of the acceptable attire unfortunately!
If you want to stick with your P365, this works very well for me using a 1" or 1-1/4" webbing belt and any shirt over. Very comfortable carried 2 o'clock with the butt above beltline canted forward. Without a red dot/extended barrel and with a 10rd mag (12rd shown), even better, I'd guess. I've not had a snag drawing yet but you need to tuck the cord right.

PXL_20231016_124345286.jpg

If you’re going to go this route you may as well just go with a Fanny pack

Whos more likely to get noticed as probably having a gun, the guy in baggy clothes with cargo pants and a fanny pack, or someone in joggers and a tight jacket?

Based on your build & wardrobe, you should have no problem appendix carrying a 365. If not that, then ankle carry. Pocket in dress pants isn’t my favorite w a 356

I’ve got a PM9. I don’t understand why someone would carry it any way other than pocket carry.
PM9 pocket carry = printing for me. It's impossible to draw and VERY obvious I have a gun in my pocket. Also uncomfortable.

Whos more likely to get noticed as probably having a gun, the guy in baggy clothes with cargo pants and a fanny pack, or someone in joggers and a tight jacket?
Good points to consider for sure, but for most people in MA at least the idea that someone would be carrying a firearm doesn’t even cross their mind. I doubt any of them would even know someone had a firearm even if they saw them printing as they walked by.

I would love to hear input on the phlster from anyone experienced with it. I wonder if it would accommodate a rmr on the pistol. That's why pocket carry usually doesn’t work for me.
I get the idea of optics and all. But different situations need different solutions. Pocket carry with some good bright sites

Back
Top Bottom