• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maximum Reciprocity Achieved! (9 CCW Permits)

After a year and $10,000 in courses, permit fees, application fees, lost wages, hotels, meals on the road, and a bunch of other expenses, I finally get to join an elite club of people who have achieved maximum reciprocity running the CCW Permit gauntlet. The only person I am aware of who has also achieved this is @SOTAR . I was going to make a YouTube video about this but SOTAR made one and mine wouldn't differ a whole lot.

I'm also 21 so I'm going to declare this the unofficial world record for the youngest person to do this. I actually started doing this when I was 19 which is why you may see some rather unnecessary permits (like NH) however getting that early (since they issue under 21) allowed me to get other permits quicker once I turned 21 (like CT).

As for NJ while you can theoretically and technically get a non-resident permit, after the signing of A4769 it is in practice, not realistic and the permit is pretty useless. I did the math and under the "new" system I would have to make 4 separate trips to NJ (1 to qualify, 1 to apply, 1 to interview with NJSP, and 1 to pick up my permit) and pay the now increased fees. I would likely wind up sinking over $3,000 just for this one permit which even I won't do. To anyone who doesn't live within driving distance of NJ (I live in Michigan), the permit isn't really attainable. @SOTAR had the edge here living in Maryland and applied before A4769. I will hold out on getting this one until the courts take a wrecking ball to NJ's carry regime.

My final thoughts are this entire process is stupid and retarded. This doesn't improve public safety at all and only seeks to fuel the prison industrial complex through victimless crimes. This is totally unconstitutional not just under the 2A but the Full Faith & Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution. I sincerely hope one day down the road FPC/GOA signs myself & SOTAR as plaintiffs in a national reciprocity lawsuit because even with all these permits it is still legally impossible for us to carry in OR, CA, HI, IL & NY.

3/10 would not recommend it unless you have a ton of extra money and free time on your hands.

Also, f*** David Hogg and Shannon Watts.

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png

After a year and $10,000 in courses, permit fees, application fees, lost wages, hotels, meals on the road, and a bunch of other expenses, I finally get to join an elite club of people who have achieved maximum reciprocity running the CCW Permit gauntlet. The only person I am aware of who has also achieved this is @SOTAR . I was going to make a YouTube video about this but SOTAR made one and mine wouldn't differ a whole lot.

I'm also 21 so I'm going to declare this the unofficial world record for the youngest person to do this. I actually started doing this when I was 19 which is why you may see some rather unnecessary permits (like NH) however getting that early (since they issue under 21) allowed me to get other permits quicker once I turned 21 (like CT).

As for NJ while you can theoretically and technically get a non-resident permit, after the signing of A4769 it is in practice, not realistic and the permit is pretty useless. I did the math and under the "new" system I would have to make 4 separate trips to NJ (1 to qualify, 1 to apply, 1 to interview with NJSP, and 1 to pick up my permit) and pay the now increased fees. I would likely wind up sinking over $3,000 just for this one permit which even I won't do. To anyone who doesn't live within driving distance of NJ (I live in Michigan), the permit isn't really attainable. @SOTAR had the edge here living in Maryland and applied before A4769. I will hold out on getting this one until the courts take a wrecking ball to NJ's carry regime.

My final thoughts are this entire process is stupid and retarded. This doesn't improve public safety at all and only seeks to fuel the prison industrial complex through victimless crimes. This is totally unconstitutional not just under the 2A but the Full Faith & Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution. I sincerely hope one day down the road FPC/GOA signs myself & SOTAR as plaintiffs in a national reciprocity lawsuit because even with all these permits it is still legally impossible for us to carry in OR, CA, HI, IL & NY.

3/10 would not recommend it unless you have a ton of extra money and free time on your hands.

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png
$10K in training?

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png
Nice work! Which permit got u the ok with South Carolina? I also have Ma, fl (non rez) Utah (non rez) thank you

Impressive. While I don’t advocate breaking the law.I’m pretty sure you could still carry in the states you aren’t licensed for.

Lots of respect for being responsible at your age

$10K in training?
I think the list following the amount is what accrued the dollar figure listed.

Still…cool ‘accomplishment’ OP.

You could have just moved to a constitutional carry state and give zero f***s about any of that shit. That being said, I’m so close to OH and WV I do think I need to actually consider keeping one of my licenses valid so I can not have to worry every time I cross a state line (which is basically once every week or two.)

After a year and $10,000

. . . .

My final thoughts are this entire process is stupid and retarded.
I could have told you that $10,000 ago.

I paid $10 in NH a decade ago, and never bothered to renew. I can carry in 27 states, no license needed.

You get a trophy for most money pointlessly wasted before turning 22. Congrats, I guess?

I have to say, the amount if time and effort is impressive.

Would be cool if the OP starts a thread:

First post - summarize the process, with a link, to get all the permits he got.

Second Post - Some stories of the hardest to get. Maybe the ones he had to fly and pay for hotels or take some special training.

A thread like that would be awesome as future reference and for people to see what it takes to follow the law.

-------------

On a side note, I am curious about your math.
How do 4 trips to NJ, from New England, cost you $3K?
do they have a stupid high license fee?
I did the math and under the "new" system I would have to make 4 separate trips to NJ (1 to qualify, 1 to apply, 1 to interview with NJSP, and 1 to pick up my permit) and pay the now increased fees. I would likely wind up sinking over $3,000 just for this one permit which even I won't do.

This is not to give you sh*t, I am genuinely curious how you arrived at the $3K number.

Last edited:
South Carolina only honors certain RESIDENT permits. If you don’t live in a state that has reciprocity with SC, you’re SOL.
South Carolina only honors certain RESIDENT permits. If you don’t live in a
South Carolina only honors certain RESIDENT permits. If you don’t live in a state that has reciprocity with SC, you’re SOL.

. If you don’t live in a state that has reciprocity with SC, you’re
Ya, no sh!t lolz, you’re showing SC in green on the map & im wondering which license got you that Caz Ma FLA & Utah non Rez don’t get me that (I see that u have the same)

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom