• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maximum Reciprocity Achieved! (9 CCW Permits)

I feel like you wasted 10k... you could've spent that on moving to America and not worried about reciproctiy as long as you don't visit trash states

I don't think he wasted it. It's a hobby, it's an accomplishment, it's goal setting and achievement.

Starting in a "free state" certainly gives me a jump start - my GA permit is recognized in 30+ states to start with. I've got a couple of what are probably superfluous permits, due to overlaps, but I didn't go to the effort that the OP did - and I don't have the reciprocity that he does.

I'm headed to Oregon in September for a wedding - and it's one of the 11 states that I'm not licensed in - :(

Resident - GA
Non-Resident - CT, FL, NH & UT.

1681305370497.png

After a year and $10,000 in courses, permit fees, application fees, lost wages, hotels, meals on the road, and a bunch of other expenses, I finally get to join an elite club of people who have achieved maximum reciprocity running the CCW Permit gauntlet. The only person I am aware of who has also achieved this is @SOTAR . I was going to make a YouTube video about this but SOTAR made one and mine wouldn't differ a whole lot.

I'm also 21 so I'm going to declare this the unofficial world record for the youngest person to do this. I actually started doing this when I was 19 which is why you may see some rather unnecessary permits (like NH) however getting that early (since they issue under 21) allowed me to get other permits quicker once I turned 21 (like CT).

As for NJ while you can theoretically and technically get a non-resident permit, after the signing of A4769 it is in practice, not realistic and the permit is pretty useless. I did the math and under the "new" system I would have to make 4 separate trips to NJ (1 to qualify, 1 to apply, 1 to interview with NJSP, and 1 to pick up my permit) and pay the now increased fees. I would likely wind up sinking over $3,000 just for this one permit which even I won't do. To anyone who doesn't live within driving distance of NJ (I live in Michigan), the permit isn't really attainable. @SOTAR had the edge here living in Maryland and applied before A4769. I will hold out on getting this one until the courts take a wrecking ball to NJ's carry regime.

My final thoughts are this entire process is stupid and retarded. This doesn't improve public safety at all and only seeks to fuel the prison industrial complex through victimless crimes. This is totally unconstitutional not just under the 2A but the Full Faith & Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution. I sincerely hope one day down the road FPC/GOA signs myself & SOTAR as plaintiffs in a national reciprocity lawsuit because even with all these permits it is still legally impossible for us to carry in OR, CA, HI, IL & NY.

3/10 would not recommend it unless you have a ton of extra money and free time on your hands.

Also, f*** David Hogg and Shannon Watts.

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png
Free men don't ask permission.
Just saying

I was strongly considering this at one point through BFS in Everett, MA. Their course allows you to apply for multiple licenses (MA, RI, FL, ME, NH, CT) with coverage in 39 out of 50 states. Looks like you went above and beyond though, congratulations!

Too bad this couldn't be somehow shown what it actually takes to exercise what is supposed to be a right in this country and get the support fom the Supreme Court to put an end to the imaginary lines you're not supposed to cross without the proper papers.

I was strongly considering this at one point through BFS in Everett, MA. Their course allows you to apply for multiple licenses (MA, RI, FL, ME, NH, CT) with coverage in 39 out of 50 states. Looks like you went above and beyond though, congratulations!
MA and Utah will get you 36. Maybe 37 if Florida lets us.

That's great. LOL@DC. FL is now superfluous. The only other that I'd LIKE but can't be bothered is RI. I don't spend enough time there to really make it worth my while but it would be a nice option to have given teh proximity to my locale.

That's great. LOL@DC. FL is now superfluous. The only other that I'd LIKE but can't be bothered is RI. I don't spend enough time there to really make it worth my while but it would be a nice option to have given teh proximity to my locale.
I keep thinking about RI and CT. I just need to get off my butt and do it.

After a year and $10,000 in courses, permit fees, application fees, lost wages, hotels, meals on the road, and a bunch of other expenses, I finally get to join an elite club of people who have achieved maximum reciprocity running the CCW Permit gauntlet. The only person I am aware of who has also achieved this is @SOTAR . I was going to make a YouTube video about this but SOTAR made one and mine wouldn't differ a whole lot.

I'm also 21 so I'm going to declare this the unofficial world record for the youngest person to do this. I actually started doing this when I was 19 which is why you may see some rather unnecessary permits (like NH) however getting that early (since they issue under 21) allowed me to get other permits quicker once I turned 21 (like CT).

As for NJ while you can theoretically and technically get a non-resident permit, after the signing of A4769 it is in practice, not realistic and the permit is pretty useless. I did the math and under the "new" system I would have to make 4 separate trips to NJ (1 to qualify, 1 to apply, 1 to interview with NJSP, and 1 to pick up my permit) and pay the now increased fees. I would likely wind up sinking over $3,000 just for this one permit which even I won't do. To anyone who doesn't live within driving distance of NJ (I live in Michigan), the permit isn't really attainable. @SOTAR had the edge here living in Maryland and applied before A4769. I will hold out on getting this one until the courts take a wrecking ball to NJ's carry regime.

My final thoughts are this entire process is stupid and retarded. This doesn't improve public safety at all and only seeks to fuel the prison industrial complex through victimless crimes. This is totally unconstitutional not just under the 2A but the Full Faith & Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution. I sincerely hope one day down the road FPC/GOA signs myself & SOTAR as plaintiffs in a national reciprocity lawsuit because even with all these permits it is still legally impossible for us to carry in OR, CA, HI, IL & NY.

3/10 would not recommend it unless you have a ton of extra money and free time on your hands.

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png
Great job my friend. You should do your own video. I'll spread the word about it.

Next time you are in the area, please stop by and see me. I'll give you a free overhaul on your AR if you own one.

Soon the NJSP will have the entire carry permit application process online. The fingerprints can be taken at any indentogo location in the US.

Once that happens you'll just have to come to NJ for your training class. Perhaps time that for your next trip in this region.

Great job my friend. You should do your own video. I'll spread the word about it.

Next time you are in the area, please stop by and see me. I'll give you a free overhaul on your AR if you own one.

Soon the NJSP will have the entire carry permit application process online. The fingerprints can be taken at any indentogo location in the US.

Once that happens you'll just have to come to NJ for your training class. Perhaps time that for your next trip in this region.
The man, the myth, the legend.

permits.jpg
DC-CPL.png

map.png
I’m impressed that you got the temporary MA LTC. I lived in MA for most of my life and I had an LTC and it seemed iffy when I applied. Of course, the $100 per year instead of $100 for 6 years must make someone there happy.

Imagine when some shi..thead cop pulls him over and discovers he has a literal shoe box full of permits. Cop's gonna call BS and trash them all. HaHa Gonna cost at least $10,000 in retainers to get justice on the cop. Just kidding.....I hope.

Imagine when some shi..thead cop pulls him over and discovers he has a literal shoe box full of permits. Cop's gonna call BS and trash them all. HaHa Gonna cost at least $10,000 in retainers to get justice on the cop. Just kidding.....I hope.
I can imagine a cop thinking he is in a movie and just caught what must be some Russian spy with multiple IDs. Would probably get such a raging boner he would miss that his name looks the same in all the IDs.

Funny you mention that. If you notice, most of my permits feature an identical or very similar picture of me. It wouldn’t surprise me if a cop thought they were all counterfeit based on that and manually called to verify each one.

Funny you mention that. If you notice, most of my permits feature an identical or very similar picture of me. It wouldn’t surprise me if a cop thought they were all counterfeit based on that and manually called to verify each one.
Just joking. Just don't show more than one or two at a time.

I know you were just joking, but some may legitimately worry about what you mentioned.

I have 13 Carry Permits, 2 State Issued Firearm ID Cards, a FFL, and I have not experienced negative reactions from L.E. when carrying.

If anything they are interested in the hoops I had to jump through, and my firearm knowledge.

Avsterbone

Don't listen to the naysayers. My journey got me lots of hate and nasty comments. A few threats as well.

ETA: The threats didn't come from NES, they came from YouTube.
You'd think people would be smarter than to make threats against someone who can legally be strapped just about anywhere.

But then again, internets.

You'd think people would be smarter than to make threats against someone who can legally be strapped just about anywhere.

But then again, internets.
On the internet everyone is a bad ass. :)

For some reason, my online AR-15 technical content makes some people completely lose their mind. It's not intended to be controversial.

That being said, I never take the chatter of crazy people lightly, nor do I underestimate them.

It’s really crazy how much hate one can get for doing this. I don’t know if it’s jealousy or just people trolling.
I scratch my head when people act up.

I applaud what you did, especially at such at your age. Good work my friend.

I feel like you wasted 10k... you could've spent that on moving to America and not worried about reciproctiy as long as you don't visit trash states

wow, it only took this many posts for the NES skinflint club to arrive…. 🤣
Free men don't ask permission.
Just saying

yes, let’s all shit on the kid for wanting to stay the f*** out of jail when he travels about the country…. [rolleyes]

On the internet everyone is a bad ass. :)

For some reason, my online AR-15 technical content makes some people completely lose their mind. It's not intended to be controversial.

That being said, I never take the chatter of crazy people lightly, nor do I underestimate them.
I beg to differ, I am alternatively a wise ass or lazy ass on the internet. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom