• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why I CCW: Boy, 10, killed by violent gang of monkeys that continues to terrorize small village

Reposting my contribution to a 2021 Thailand thread about these damn monkeys. They will attack and rob tourists of food or other items if they think they can get away with it and especially like to pick on the young, old, and/or infirm. Sounds a bit like some nasty human behavior we are seeing more of lately.

A high capacity shotgun would be just the ticket for these little bastards, but sticks work too:

Seriously, I'm not kidding about the stick. LOL maybe Thais would take offense but in India if the monkeys get unruly you may feel free to swing away and knock one hard enough to go over the Green Monster. Those little bastards know to pick on kids, old ladies, etc. but keep their distance if they know they'll get whacked. If one attacked me, I would not hesitate to tee off.

My local sales manager and I had some extra time and were near Khaneri Caves, so we took a long lunch to take a tour. It was a slow day and we struck up conversation with the security guard. He offered to take us on a tour, which ended up being awesome because we pretty much went everywhere that was normally off limits. The stick is not really for pointing out interesting features- it's for whacking monkeys. He says they go apeshit aggressive on tourists if there is no guard onsite with a stick.

4SrmRHo.jpg
Gndt11n.jpg

Good times and we gave a generous tip to Mr. Walking Tall, Buford T. Punjabi.

(*technically he's probably Khandesi, not Punjabi- but that's not as funny)

There’s a population of Japanese snow monkeys in Texas, I’ve heard. They attack watermelon fields in force. I’ve always thought that organized monkey safaris would be very profitable. Hunters could be mounted on elephants in howdahs and use suppressed rifles so as not to spook the elephants or scatter the monkeys prematurely.

My wife is right. As I reread this, it turns out I’m batshit crazy sometimes.

It will be interesting how this plays out - Philadelphia
Police sources tell FOX 29's Steve Keeley that several teens were attacking a man when he pulled out a gun and fired in self-defense.

I'm not a monkey person. Never have been. They creep me out.
IDK why. Then there's the whole bite your face off thing that seems to hit the news yearly.
And the Asian areas where some places they're running rampant.
Oh and I'm not afraid to walk in the woods after dark because of lions, tigers, and bears oh my but I constantly check my six for monkeys in the trees.
Checked the box on irrational fears of the strange kind.

Back
Top Bottom