Kittery trading post

Ohh I DO AGREE with you! with the Clerk being a dumba** and he should have known better! To me, he should have been released right away, but he wasn't. ( he's been gone about 6 years now and KTP is better off.) We're on the SAME Page, so I should have explained myself better. With that I apologize to you.
Thanks but it's all good- yep, we are on the same page. Fun to debate about this stuff online.

Sadly, I think the dumb and unsafe behavior will always be present. Assuming they will retain 2A rights, I wonder what this current 'lost' generation of kids will be like after losing much of their education to Wu Flu nonsense plus all the woke and/or nonsensical garbage they are taught rather than being taught critical thinking. There are already a lot of entitled boomers with the "I always did it this way and nobody died" attitude. Of the last 4 times I was muzzle swept, 3 were boomers and one was gen-X age.

So the guy isn’t at the door anymore checking guns as you walk in carrying your trade?
Cabellas has them every time I’ve walked in but admit I haven’t been I a little while.

I watched both stop and check a firearm coming in the door.

There was a greeter at the door right next to the check your guns sign last Wednesday. I imagine if someone came w/ a cased gun they'd have checked it. I had to read the sign twice since signage is binding in ME, but I figured it didn't apply to concealed carry, just people bringing guns in for trade. etc. Similar sign at BassPro at Gillette but that doesn't apply to CC either.

There was a greeter at the door right next to the check your guns sign last Wednesday. I imagine if someone came w/ a cased gun they'd have checked it. I had to read the sign twice since signage is binding in ME, but I figured it didn't apply to concealed carry, just people bringing guns in for trade. etc. Similar sign at BassPro at Gillette but that doesn't apply to CC either.
CC is different than bringing in a Trade or sell. Just walk past them. It's Constitutional Carry there. They will never give you any BS about that, UNLESS you decided to take the gun ( loaded or not) out of it's holster, and decide to "try it in another holster" within the store.

Correct. Concealed or remained holstered.

CC is different than bringing in a Trade or sell. Just walk past them. It's Constitutional Carry there. They will never give you any BS about that, UNLESS you decided to take the gun ( loaded or not) out of it's holster, and decide to "try it in another holster" within the store.

Correct. Concealed or remained holstered.
That's what I figured

I was at Kittery last weekend and bought a gun there. Its set up with the deli counter tickets. I always grab one as soon as I get there as the line can be long. This time I had number 72 and they were on number 65, so knew I had a good amount of time before my turn.

What wasn’t so surprising is that a number of customers were from MA and when their turn showed up most of them were turned away. No handgun sales of any kind to MA residents I heard more then once. No AR-15 sales to MA residents either was quoted to one guy. They all left dejected. Whether KTP was right or wrong is not something I can comment on. It’s their policy and they definitely were not lacking for customers.

My turn came up, I bought my gun and out the door I went.
Selling to MA residents is asking for problems. Look at all the shit the mass state police and AG did to firing line/whatever Hooksett place is called. f*** MA.

At Cabelas....yeah he's there.....They just do the safety check a lot faster than KTP does.

However....the buying part at Cabelas is pain. Fxcking pain.

I've "had" to buy 2 guns there because they were models produced for Cabelas only.....and I'd rather get kicked in the balls twice. Plan on at least 1-2 hours to checkout.

The last gun I bought at Cabelas in PA.....it was an O/U shotgun....and cause I was from MA, they got all squirrelly.....took almost 2 hours to checkout. They double check, read the paperwork back to you, then double check that, then another clerk looks at it, then when they finally box it up another clerk checks it........its fxcking insane.

I will never buy another gun there ever.....I don't care. I'm done with them and their big box bullshit.
I bought one rifle.
They checked the serial number twice....................................THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE checked it twice each
and they sign off and put a highly secure piece of tape on it.
If I remember right the paperwork was done on a laptop on the display counter
I got some paperwork but they did not read it to me.
It took 30 mins total

Don’t tell me you got an old Swiss army model.
Nah, a German Border Police P210-4 😍(04xx serial of 1951/52) and a civilian P210-6 😍,along with a .30 Luger exchange barrel and a .22 lr upper combo.
Got the "mother of the SIG" too: French (Petter) 1935A :p made under German occupation, with WaA. Couldn't get my hands on an early Swiss Army -2 A serial ☹️

It's also good for a laugh when you see the one Gustloff or Mauser KKW .22 w/ duffle cut priced at 1,600 bucks decorating the wall rack year after year 🤣
Before I left the store in 2021, we had a 03 Springfield, Custom rifle ( it was on the wall next to the Henry rifles) for about 8000.00 I wonder if it's still there.
We need to go back to NH for our son's wedding the end of March 2023. I guess I'll need to swing past the store as we drive to Naples Maine for the event.

Selling to MA residents is asking for problems. Look at all the shit the mass state police and AG did to firing line/whatever Hooksett place is called. f*** MA.
I'm a mass resident and have purchases multiple guns at ktp. Not a handgun or ar15 of course but multiple Long guns. They never gave me any problems at all.

This tourist idiot usually shows up on weekdays, just after lunch at the neighboring shack.
That's why I go at 9am.....first in the door.

You'll never see me at Bobs Thousand dollar clam hut, prices are full retard, quality is MEH...... KTP is the furthest north I go.

Im stopping at S&S on the way home for regular priced seafood that's better than Bob's.

Last edited:
I'm a mass resident and have purchases multiple guns at ktp. Not a handgun or ar15 of course but multiple Long guns. They never gave me any problems at all.
This.....as long as you understand their policies on handguns and AR shit.....which means.....don't bother........

KTP has been very good to me for a big box store. Much better than Cabelas or AssPro.........

Any issues I've had have been taken care of in a very prompt, and caring manner.

I'd rate their customer service as Excellent. The fact that they give you a gift card to cover your sales tax is fantastic as well.

KTP has transformed toa basic tourist trap, Much like LLB has. Everything is way overpriced and the new management despises their connection took to hunting trapping and even Fishing has it detractors there. I haven’t stepped in there for a few years and when I did it was for a relative who was fro out of state. It’s a pathetic place unless you want to by a 20k kayak

Before I left the store in 2021, we had a 03 Springfield, Custom rifle ( it was on the wall next to the Henry rifles) for about 8000.00 I wonder if it's still there.
We need to go back to NH for our son's wedding the end of March 2023. I guess I'll need to swing past the store as we drive to Naples Maine for the event.
I didn't realize that you had moved away 3 yrs ago. We stopped in at KTP last Summer and I asked a couple of clerks for you and they had never heard of you. [laugh]

That's why I go at 9am.....first in the door.

You'll never see me at Bobs Thousand dollar clam hut, prices are full retard, quality is MEH...... KTP is the furthest north I go.

Im stopping at S&S on the way home for regular priced seafood that's better than Bob's.
Near everything is better than Bobs. That place blows chunks.

This.....as long as you understand their policies on handguns and AR shit.....which means.....don't bother........

KTP has been very good to me for a big box store. Much better than Cabelas or AssPro.........

Any issues I've had have been taken care of in a very prompt, and caring manner.

I'd rate their customer service as Excellent. The fact that they give you a gift card to cover your sales tax is fantastic as well.
Had a problem with a Henry 357 carbine bought new. Had feeding issues. Brought it back to the store and they shipped it to Henry and Henry shipped it back to the store. Got a call 10 days from the day we dropped it off to come pick it up. Very good service at ktp

I didn't realize that you had moved away 3 yrs ago. We stopped in at KTP last Summer and I asked a couple of clerks for you and they had never heard of you. [laugh]
Hi Len! Yes, I left KTP in June of 2021. I started there ( KTP ) Aug 2005, and worked there P/T. I remember " Enabling" you several times! I'm sure the only ones who would remember me now would be Scott C, Seth, Gary Kidder, Dave M, and Dana P . As for others there, they wouldn't have a clue of who I was. We're talking of returning back Home to NH / ME area. My wife is homesick, and yes, the "Wild West" is nuts.

Last edited:
Do any of you remember the Day / night when the ARs were gonna be " Banned" by Maura Healy? ( I think it was June 18th 2016 ) Well anyway, I was on the phones that night at KTP. Talk about FRANTIC Ma people calling in order to get a Compliant AR Rifle before Midnight ! OMG, I must have fielded 200 calls! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm pretty sure I've met most of you, while working my time at KTP. I know it's changed a lot since I left.

Had a problem with a Henry 357 carbine bought new. Had feeding issues. Brought it back to the store and they shipped it to Henry and Henry shipped it back to the store. Got a call 10 days from the day we dropped it off to come pick it up. Very good service at ktp
Funny....I bought a lightly used Henry 30-30 from them. Same thing, had feeding issues, would drop a shell every 4-5 cycles, or jam so bad you had to take the lever off to clear it.

I had it for about a month. They gave me the option of repair or full refund, and I took the latter and bought something else.

Not that they made me, they would have given me cash if I wanted it.

Not too many places, if any would have given a full refund in cash after a month, but they understood I was from MA and couldn't get back up there right away to deal with it.

Good guys there at KTP.

Funny....I bought a lightly used Henry 30-30 from them. Same thing, had feeding issues, would drop a shell every 4-5 cycles, or jam so bad you had to take the lever off to clear it.

I had it for about a month. They gave me the option of repair or full refund, and I took the latter and bought something else.

Not that they made me, they would have given me cash if I wanted it.

Not too many places, if any would have given a full refund in cash after a month, but they understood I was from MA and couldn't get back up there right away to deal with it.

Good guys there at KTP.
I don't know of any other gun shop that gives you 30 days on a used gun to return if it doesn't work properly.

Do any of you remember the Day / night when the ARs were gonna be " Banned" by Maura Healy? ( I think it was June 18th 2016 ) Well anyway, I was on the phones that night at KTP. Talk about FRANTIC Ma people calling in order to get a Compliant AR Rifle before Midnight ! OMG, I must have fielded 200 calls! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm pretty sure I've met most of you, while working my time at KTP. I know it's changed a lot since I left.
I fully understand the Ma**h*** hate and why it must drive KTP salespeople nuts...... Besides our politicians we are our own worst enemy. Realize, most of that situation and the calls probably came from east of 495 city slickers who were going to get around to buying an AR but didn't. Just like anything else, most people that plan live in the country and don't do shit like that.

Unfortunately I do think a good amount of KTP business comes from Ma**h***S........but you really have to question how much, since its basically only Fudd rifles and Shotguns. The rest of the time is wasted fielding idiots who think they can buy Glocks and AR's there OTC. Its gotta be frustrating.

I don't know of any other gun shop that gives you 30 days on a used gun to return if it doesn't work properly.
Nope...neither do I.

I did call them the day I found out it was FUBAR......so there's that.....

Told them I was from MA and couldn't make it up for a while. He was super nice....basically said, sounds like we wasted your time with a bad
gun.....bring it up when you can and we'll make it right for you.

I do recall that time frame. Damn! Stop the time machine.

Back
Top Bottom