• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trades at Kittery Trading Post

I hope they give you a good trade. Prices on everything at KTP have gone full retard.

Last time I was there (3 weeks ago), I didn't go to the gun section, it was a zoo.

Yes.
Used inventory is back up. Gun show prices.
Trade vals (anecdotal) are insulting (and im not being a 'I know what I got' guy). True story. We drove back down to Mass., called Cabelas in Berlin, the gun trade dude was there, and we received a MUCH fairer trade. And bought rounds much cheaper.

I hope they give you a good trade. Prices on everything at KTP have gone full retard.

Last time I was there (3 weeks ago), I didn't go to the gun section, it was a zoo.
I watched two guys walk away from KTP last month. Their gun traders wanted small $$$ for semiautomatic SIG .308s with scopes, extra mags and plenty of extras. Both guys walked. Given what shit they had, I wasn't surprised. They knew KTP was going to screw them.

Has anyone done any recent gun trading at Kittery lately? I haven't been up there in years but they would usually give me a good trade in value. Anybody?
KTP usually trades high by gun trades at dealers = hosed basically everywhere. You are always better off privsaling something than trading it in.

I watched two guys walk away from KTP last month. Their gun traders wanted small $$$ for semiautomatic SIG .308s with scopes, extra mags and plenty of extras. Both guys walked. Given what shit they had, I wasn't surprised. They knew KTP was going to screw them.
From KTPs point of view that kind of stuff is pure shelf rot. 308 anything is not a commodity gun.
Stuff that rots for 3-4 months = wasted cash.

I've traded a couple rifles there this year...both rimfire. I was happy with what they gave as I took it in credit cuz I was looking at something else.
Could I have made a few more bucks selling private? Probably but.... I'd have to deal with posting it, tire kickers and wait an unknown time to make a deal. Plus I only have 1 more FTF for the year and gonna use it for something worth more.
I think I did better there for trade than anywhere local.
If you need cash though...KTP isn't gonna make you rich.

You can trade there. Prices for everything are trending down. They didn't want anymore black rifle stuff last time I was there. That may have changed with the stupidity lately, but that stuff by far is better sold here anyway.

You do a lot better taking their store credit. If you trade for cash...right now....their shelves and everyone elses are stocked. Don't waste your time unless you really need the cash, but your gonna take it up the butt. Its a buyers market right now.....flipped from what it was a few years ago. I did a huge safe cleaning a few years ago up there and did very well, as I knew the market would shit for guns, with all these retards buying everything up willy nilly.

I would try and sell on Gunbroker with a penny auction.....odds are you'll do better. Its a PIA, but you'll get more $$.

You can try here...but your almost better going to KTP and taking the store credit and not wasting your time with the cheap ass tire kickers. I'll post here for a few weeks, then take it up there, and mostly its guns that i got on a very good deal that I'm not really losing on.

Note: If you have semi auto anything in MA.....I'd sell it here if this retarded bill comes in. People are buying here, not so much out of state. I was going to take a lot of my semi pistols down south, but I'm going to clear them out here, and just rebuy down south. Because I have to buy all new mags anyway, so I'm gonna dump them up here before I leave. I can probably sell here for what I bought it for, then buy a new one with full cap mags for less down south, because the market is ass right now for sellers.

Last edited:
I am not sure how some of you take weeks to sell the guns here, then go to KTP and get less money. That tells you your price was too high.
When I don't sell guns here, then go to KTP and get MORE or at least equal usually, which tells me my prices are good.

Which tells me people are cheap here, or there just isnt a lot of exposure. And usually, its just I haven't made it up to KTP yet, as I'd rather just off load it there without all the tire kickers.

When I sell on GB I always get more than KTP.....and 15-20% more than here. I do that for firearms i need to sell at a good price. Why don't I GB everything? It is a hassle shipping and selling to someone out of state, and I ship using only my FFL to their FFL. More PIA.

Some times the store credit KTP offers is just as good if I'm buying something else. Especially now, as KTP is giving some really good discounts believe it or not. I got $200 discount off a 600 dollar rifle the last time up there, and it was a price that was good already as the best online price was 600, so it turned out a really good buy. I didn't even have to buy the shelf model, they had a brand new one in the box that wasn't finger f***ed for 6 months.

Keep tabs on the guns that you want at KTP, when they sit too long they discount them. That's when I grab them......now if I ever trade that up there, they will probably give me close to what I paid for it.

Hasn't happened in Covidscare....but is certainly happening now with shit sitting on shelves forever. They jettison old inventory. First time ever this summer they had 15% discount off some lines as well. I bought then too, as price was way lower than online dealers. Got a really good deal on a higher end Browning O/U at 15% off. Plus a gifty for the tax. Price could not be beat anywhere.

Do is see people with dreaming that will NEVER sell the gun for here what they are listing it for, yeah...they bump it 17 times, and are trying to sell it for what it costs new or more. That's a joke....especially here. I just think they are telling their wife the gun is for sale but is not selling...or something and they don't really want to sell it. Or are holding out for some stupid person that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Like I said I haven't been up there in years, probably 5 or more. I usually sell on here but if it doesn't go in a reasonable time then I'll take the ride. Thanks for all your input.

i traded 10+ year old mass versions of ruger lcr and walther p22 and got more than enough in store credit to cover a new g43x, holster, extra mags and ammo last year. i was surprised because i really thought they would just laugh at the crippled mass handguns. the only part of the process that ticked me off was how long it took, an hour to figure out trade value plus another hour for background check, all this on a weekday late morning. i wouldn't attempt such a transaction on a weekend.

i traded 10+ year old mass versions of ruger lcr and walther p22 and got more than enough in store credit to cover a new g43x, holster, extra mags and ammo last year. i was surprised because i really thought they would just laugh at the crippled mass handguns. the only part of the process that ticked me off was how long it took, an hour to figure out trade value plus another hour for background check, all this on a weekday late morning. i wouldn't attempt such a transaction on a weekend.
I haven’t been in KTP for a few years now but what a freaking mad house it was.
I find it funny because I’ve never walked into a store to buy a gun by window shopping. I always knew what I was going there for.

I haven’t been in KTP for a few years now but what a freaking mad house it was.
I find it funny because I’ve never walked into a store to buy a gun by window shopping. I always knew what I was going there for.
Not that busy last time I went in there, even though it was on a weekend. Grabbed a ticket, no waiting.......I had traded something and bought and was out of there in an hour. Longest time was the background check...which technically is not their fault.

It does take longer than say my LGS though......considering they have a lot more stock than LGS, and I saved $200 for something I wanted for a while. Not complaining.

If you go on a weekend then of course it's going to be packed. Just go off hours and it's usually fine. I have found them to be perfectly fair given you are selling to a dealer. Of course you are going to take a hit as compared to selling yourself. It's all a question of whether you want to put in the time to sell yourself vs. taking less to save yourself the time. I don't know why folks complain so much. No different than trading in your car.

Back
Top Bottom