Kittery trading post

I fully understand the Ma**h*** hate and why it must drive KTP salespeople nuts...... Besides our politicians we are our own worst enemy. Realize, most of that situation and the calls probably came from east of 495 city slickers who were going to get around to buying an AR but didn't. Just like anything else, most people that plan live in the country and don't do shit like that.

Unfortunately I do think a good amount of KTP business comes from Ma**h***S........but you really have to question how much, since its basically only Fudd rifles and Shotguns. The rest of the time is wasted fielding idiots who think they can buy Glocks and AR's there OTC. Its gotta be frustrating.
Please never forget that they are also in a direct access mainline drug route into the state.
If I was a major retailer FFL I’d like to remain in business but hey!!! Maybe that’s just me. 😂
We damn well know how fast the carpet cleaner would love to spearhead an attack.

Guys, I'm a MasH**e too! Lived in Wilmington most of my Life. I also worked for Terry Goode ( Tags in N Chelmsford) Am I bringing back memories? I also remember Terry and Bob in Pelham NH ( Collectors Firearms and Militaria) I would start my "gunshop run" early on a saturday, and go to Roaches, Ivanhoe, Colemans in Danvers and woburn, Jimmy and beth at Collectors in Stoneham, and so many more. I bought my first handgun from Doris Riley in Hooksett, 1974 a Ruger security six 4 inch gun for 75.00 and they sent it to Mass for me ( LONGG time ago )

Do any of you remember the Day / night when the ARs were gonna be " Banned" by Maura Healy? ( I think it was June 18th 2016 ) Well anyway, I was on the phones that night at KTP. Talk about FRANTIC Ma people calling in order to get a Compliant AR Rifle before Midnight ! OMG, I must have fielded 200 calls! :eek::eek::eek:
I'm pretty sure I've met most of you, while working my time at KTP. I know it's changed a lot since I left.
I stopped in at Walmart in Salem, N.H. , there were several people in front of me. All of them getting what was left of the different models of ARs, when they asked me if I was getting one too
I said no, I would like the Savage Rascal .22.

Guys, I'm a MasH**e too! Lived in Wilmington most of my Life. I also worked for Terry Goode ( Tags in N Chelmsford) Am I bringing back memories? I also remember Terry and Bob in Pelham NH ( Collectors Firearms and Militaria) I would start my "gunshop run" early on a saturday, and go to Roaches, Ivanhoe, Colemans in Danvers and woburn, Jimmy and beth at Collectors in Stoneham, and so many more. I bought my first handgun from Doris Riley in Hooksett, 1974 a Ruger security six 4 inch gun for 75.00 and they sent it to Mass for me ( LONGG time ago )

Showing my age. I used to hit up Ivanhoe's with my Dad. Bought my first pistol at Colemans in Woburn. Jim at Collectors was totally responsible for me being broke all the time. I still have a S&W Model 10, Model 28 and Remington 700 I bought from Jim.

Does anybody remember the Gun Auctions at Scott Surplus Sales on Moody St in Waltham?? I was able to snag a lot of deals there!
Yes, I used to attend them. Bought a gun there and sold a lot of my Father's WWII souvenirs when he decided to get rid of them. I now wish that I kept some of those items.

Yes, I used to attend them. Bought a gun there and sold a lot of my Father's WWII souvenirs when he decided to get rid of them. I now wish that I kept some of those items.
I was buying a lot of stuff at those Auctions. I think they were every month. on a Wednesday, beginning at 7 PM. We probably placed bids against one another! :):):)

Last edited:
Selling to MA residents is asking for problems. Look at all the shit the mass state police and AG did to firing line/whatever Hooksett place is called. f*** MA.
I like Cheerios. I eat them for breakfast. I use a teaspoon because that is all that is available to me. I also compete in Cheerio eating contests, but my fellow competitors are able to use tablespoons. I could get a tablespoon, but only antique ones that are expensive as hell and are rusty with holes in them. I hear there are new tablespoons available in ME and NH. They even have serving spoons in case you want to enter your dog in contest (note: dogs must be of certain breeds too unless also old and rusty). Went to pick up a set of spoons but was told no (as expected). They must be concerned that I will become fat.

I like Cheerios. I eat them for breakfast. I use a teaspoon because that is all that is available to me. I also compete in Cheerio eating contests, but my fellow competitors are able to use tablespoons. I could get a tablespoon, but only antique ones that are expensive as hell and are rusty with holes in them. I hear there are new tablespoons available in ME and NH. They even have serving spoons in case you want to enter your dog in contest (note: dogs must be of certain breeds too unless also old and rusty). Went to pick up a set of spoons but was told no (as expected). They must be concerned that I will become fat.
You should move to a state that allows you to purchase/own the spoons you need.

Selling to MA residents is asking for problems. Look at all the shit the mass state police and AG did to firing line/whatever Hooksett place is called. f*** MA.
Not really a problem honestly (there are several shops that sell to MA no problem, no drama, in volume) but KTP is a box store and trying to outbound stuff that isn't boring to MA
people is more complicated than they want to deal with.

Mass sucks but a lot of the alarmism is overboard and overrated.

Please never forget that they are also in a direct access mainline drug route into the state.
If I was a major retailer FFL I’d like to remain in business but hey!!! Maybe that’s just me. 😂
We damn well know how fast the carpet cleaner would love to spearhead an attack.

An attack on what? a remote for doing something thats legal that a bunch of other remotes in NH already do? [rofl]

Box stores dont want to deal with places like MA, CT, NY, NJ etc, I get that. I dont blame them, its hard enough to get people to show up to run a gun counter somewhere nevermind actually have them informed, so I get that. But on the same token, its not rocket science, either. [laugh] Thats why we have things like NON BOX gun shops that people can
buy stuff from.

bonus content: because we're talking about box stores....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzrB-lo9k8

Somethings are more important to some people than others.
Winning a Cheerio eating contest because I don't have to dip my spoon as many times isn't worth selling my house over. There are reasons to move, but NH or ME would not be the places that I would choose. Cheerios have been sounding pretty tasty in KY or TN lately, but that is years away if at all.

Edit: full disclosure: The amount of times I have to dip my spoon is hardly going to effect my performance in Cheerio eating contests.

Last edited:
You should move to a state that allows you to purchase/own the spoons you need.

Or the alternative is a lot of people in MA have been just picking up the phone and buying whatever f***ing spoon they want regardless of whatever some carpet muncher thinks about
it.

ETA: there are a lot of great reasons to move out of this shithole, IMHO the gun stuff doesnt even make the top 5 anymore.

An attack on what? a remote for doing something thats legal that a bunch of other remotes in NH already do? [rofl]

Box stores dont want to deal with places like MA, CT, NY, NJ etc, I get that. I dont blame them, its hard enough to get people to show up to run a gun counter somewhere nevermind actually have them informed, so I get that. But on the same token, its not rocket science, either. [laugh] Thats why we have things like NON BOX gun shops that people can
buy stuff from.

bonus content: because we're talking about box stores....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzrB-lo9k8

Bust my balls all you want.
Shooters Outpost haters are well know. Gee! Another guy making large selling his passion who also is well healed enough to not worry about any potential problems from shit heads.

Something about freedom of choice or ???
My house my rules maybe?

Bust my balls all you want.
Shooters Outpost haters are well know. Gee! Another guy making large selling his passion who also is well healed enough to not worry about any potential problems from shit heads.

Something about freedom of choice or ???
My house my rules maybe?

[rofl] Why so serious? This isn't about hating any particular shop btw, but lets be adults for a minute here. They're taking the lazy way out because its the path of
least resistance. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. I tell "one off" customers that I could easily service to politely f*** RIGHT OFF all the time, because the thing they want me to do doesn't fit within my business model. [laugh] These box stores not selling handguns, ARs, or whatever to MA people is functionally no different. I do wish however they'd stop lying about why they choose to do it though. (not saying SO does, but KTP and others have made up lots of fake legal drama in the past, etc. ) "We dont sell X to Y because we dont want to or generally are not comfortable doing that" is a perfectly acceptable answer, they don't need to invent fake drama or fake laws to reinforce the
decision.

[rofl] Why so serious? This isn't about hating any particular shop btw, but lets be adults for a minute here. They're taking the lazy way out because its the path of
least resistance. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. I tell "one off" customers that I could easily service to politely f*** RIGHT OFF all the time, because the thing they want me to do doesn't fit within my business model. [laugh] These box stores not selling handguns, ARs, or whatever to MA people is functionally no different. I do wish however they'd stop lying about why they choose to do it though. (not saying SO does, but KTP and others have made up lots of fake legal drama in the past, etc. ) "We dont sell X to Y because we dont want to or generally are not comfortable doing that" is a perfectly acceptable answer, they don't need to invent fake drama or fake laws to reinforce the
decision.
No. I’m not being hostile or ultra serious.
I understand this ain’t a hate thread.

My point is only as stated.
If you had 1.0m+ potential customers driving past your door how much risk should you be expecting to take over the potential huge burn rate defending yourself on a questionable gun sale to a nit wit?

That said it’s not your or mine enterprise at risk is it??
Maybe if we dropped some serious coin onto the table over it we might have some real skin in the game.

This is NOT an argument or to be construed as argumentative.
KTP ( and a Lot of others' FFLs) in NH ME and other States are on the line from your now Governor and former AG Maura Healey. She now out ( and in so many other ways) in the open, and wanting to do MORE for her Anti-Gun Crowd. Can anybody blame KTP and other FFLs who wish to NOT deal with Nit Wits who want nothing more than what THEY can get? No matter HOW they get it?
I have a GREAT question. Since BassPro is a " Box" store, than why is it, they WON'T ship a AR / AK or any other "banned" rifle to a Mass Resident to their FOXBORO MA Store? How about a Handgun that has more than a 10 round mag ( even if it's so-called "Pre 98" ) to their Foxboro Mass Store.
It's because they ( BassPro / Cabela's ) don't want to deal with Maura's Trolls and the BS associated with LOSING their FFL. Plain and simple right there

Last edited:
KTP ( and a Lot of others' FFLs) in NH ME and other States are on the line from your now Governor and former AG Maura Healey. She now out ( and in so many other ways) in the open, and wanting to do MORE for her Anti-Gun Crowd. Can anybody blame KTP and other FFLs who wish to NOT deal with Nit Wits who want nothing more than what THEY can get? No matter HOW they get it?
LOL @ more braying drama and phantasms
we get it, most box stores are risk averse, so shop elsewhere. message received

I have a GREAT question. Since BassPro is a " Box" store, than why is it, they WON'T ship a AR / AK or any other "banned" rifle to a Mass Resident to their FOXBORO MA Store? How about a Handgun that has more than a 10 round mag ( even if it's so-called "Pre 98" ) to their Foxboro Mass Store.
It's because they ( BassPro / Cabela's ) don't want to deal with Maura's Trolls and the BS associated with LOSING their FFL. Plain and simple right there

In the case of BPS a local shitbag dealer actually ratted on them when they first opened up because they were selling glocks and that kind of thing. So unlike most box stores that go full pantshitter by default they actually had action taken against them. I don't blame them anyways, the tourists that go to PP arent buying anything serious there anyways. Especially not with normal shops down the street that dont have rapey prices like BPS.

BTW in your bizzare question you are conflating multiple legal issues at once. Pre98 has nothing to do with magazines. And there are legal ARs and AKs and ones that are not legal. So it's not really a great question when you're not actually telling us what the "devices are that they wont transfer" well duh, in some cases they might actually not be legal to sell or inbound. (although if a dude iwth a badge is picking shit up, they can get most stuff, with some
exceptions). But again, they just opted out of selling anything that could cause them issues or create training problems for them, its called the cheap
way out, and that business model is fine for BPS which probably doesnt make shit off guns anyways. cost/benefit. BPS isnt really a gun shop anyways.

My point is only as stated.
If you had 1.0m+ potential customers driving past your door how much risk should you be expecting to take over the potential huge burn rate defending yourself on a questionable gun sale to a nit wit?

Again its a business decision they chose to make. IMHO most of it is around training employees and its too painful for a box store with a large rotating
staff to do it properly. They just want to have basic processes and sell what they can. The consumers dont care about braying or phantasms or fake laws that shops make up on the fly though. (the third of which is the most aggravating part)

The consumers btw dont give a flying f*** if 20 people go past the store or a million. Not our problem.

Another part of it would be not being confident of the decisions of it's employees. It's a lot easier to just say no shipping to MA then it is to check every item to see if it's ok. Remember, if an employee makes a mistake, or intentionally ignores restrictions, it's the company that is liable.

LOL @ more braying drama and phantasms
we get it, most box stores are risk averse, so shop elsewhere. message received

In the case of BPS a local shitbag dealer actually ratted on them when they first opened up because they were selling glocks and that kind of thing. So unlike most box stores that go full pantshitter by default they actually had action taken against them. I don't blame them anyways, the tourists that go to PP arent buying anything serious there anyways. Especially not with normal shops down the street that dont have rapey prices like BPS.

BTW in your bizzare question you are conflating multiple legal issues at once. Pre98 has nothing to do with magazines. And there are legal ARs and AKs and ones that are not legal. So it's not really a great question when you're not actually telling us what the "devices are that they wont transfer" well duh, in some cases they might actually not be legal to sell or inbound. (although if a dude iwth a badge is picking shit up, they can get most stuff, with some
exceptions). But again, they just opted out of selling anything that could cause them issues or create training problems for them, its called the cheap
way out, and that business model is fine for BPS which probably doesnt make shit off guns anyways. cost/benefit. BPS isnt really a gun shop anyways.
I'm NOT being argumentative here but I don't have a "Bizzare" question as you call it. You NEVER answered my question about BPS transferring a "non compliant gun" to their Foxboro Ma Store. Why? Simple, because it's NON Compliant anymore and they Don't want their FFL at that site to be Pulled. Simple as that. That's why Mass has SKUs to their guns This way we "dimwits" behind the counter can tell you what is Mass compliant. ( this pertains to new guns) Your former AG, now turned Draconian Princess ( or Prince depending on which way her flag waves) is gonna keep you safe. ( cough cough)
Remember, KTP, Shooters and the Like, decide what THEY want to sell / send to Mass, and not the other way around. It's their FFL and nobody else. Where ever I worked I ALWAYS Protected the FFL's business, first and formost. If you want the gun that badly, Have your FFL BUY the gun, have your FFL place it on THEIR CC and come get it. Then, have your FFL transfer it via their FFL. That way, the burden of proof is on THEM for buying the gun and transferring it out to you, the consumer who is in dire need to get around the Mass Laws. Plain and simple ( it's going to your FFL anyway, so why not do it THAT way) I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise, but I already expect that you may give me that " oh the dumb employee knows nothing" comment
So, with what I've said, Have your receiving FFL buy it, have it sent, and then have your FFL run it through his / her books and out to you. Easy Peasy right?

Last edited:
Another part of it would be not being confident of the decisions of it's employees. It's a lot easier to just say no shipping to MA then it is to check every item to see if it's ok. Remember, if an employee makes a mistake, or intentionally ignores restrictions, it's the company that is liable.
When I worked there, ( up until 2021) I checked Everything, ( besides the normal rifle or shotgun) and if I wasn't feeling warm and fuzzy about it, I got a Manager or Store Manager to make the decision.

When I worked there, ( up until 2021) I checked Everything, ( besides the normal rifle or shotgun) and if I wasn't feeling warm and fuzzy about it, I got a Manager or Store Manager to make the decision.
but you are not everyone
and you are a gun guy, can't assume everyone is

but you are not everyone
and you are a gun guy, can't assume everyone is
Thanks for your input! Most Appreciated for sure!
Up until I left, I had FFL guys from Littleton Ma ( The Mill) coming up and buying guns from me. Easy stuff, even if they were going to transfer it via their own FFL to another Individual. I've sold a lotta used handguns to FFLs from Mass. What they do with em afterwards is their business. ( It could have even been what I attempted to explain to DR in one of my comments)

Last edited:
I don't have a "Bizzare" question as you call it. That's why Mass has SKUs to their guns ( This way we "dimwits" behind the counter can tell you what is Mass compliant. ( this pertains to new guns) Your former AG, now turned Draconian Princess ( or Prince depending on which way her flag waves) is gonna keep you safe.
Remember, KTP, Shooters and the Like, decide what THEY want to sell / send to Mass, and not the other way around. It's their FFL and nobody else. Where ever I worked I ALWAYS Protected the FFL's business, first and formost. If you want the gun that badly, Have your FFL BUY the gun, have your FFL place it on THEIR CC and come get it. Then, have your FFL transfer it via their FFL. Thai way, the burden of proof is on THEM for buying the gun and transferring it our to you ( the consumer who is in dire need to get around the Mass Laws. Plain and simple ( it's going to your FFL anyway, so why not do it THAT way) I'm sure you'll tell me otherwise, but I already expect that you may give me that " oh the dumb employee knows nothing"
So, with what I've said, Have your receiving FFL buy it, have it sent, and then have your FFL run it through his / her books and out to you. Easy Peasy right?

Word salad/armflapping/hysteria/histrionics.

Not really sure what you're blathering about.

I've worked for 2 different FFLs in two states myself and sold hundreds of guns. I have also "protected the dealers interests" while keeping transactions within the law. I know how things work. I don't know what you're trying to prove. 🤣

Also some of the box stores won't even do what your (apparently) suggesting in your last statement they won't even inbound stuff to other Mass FFLs. 🤣

In the real adult world most of us make a couple of phone calls and get something transferred in...every dealer in the process gets paid and everybody is happy and everything is legal and it's not rocket science, with few to no arbitrary restrictions, the only ones which exist are in actual law, not made up BS.

Some of us just think the lies, armflapping and hysteria are old. "Zomg the AGs gunna git us!!!!" 🤣🤣🤣 "woe is us" 🤣

I'm amused that you feel this need to like prove the box stores case.. . nobody cares about their silly risk aversion strategy. It's not our job to run their business. It also doesn't bother me to rarely or never buy guns in a box store either. The market will accommodate varying consumer needs that's why there are lots of dealers to use.

Back
Top Bottom