• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery trading post

Over the last 3 to 5 years I have rarely found the reloading supplies stocked up. I'm up that way a few times a year and they never seem to have what I am looking for, so much so that I quit asking. In the past they tended have a fiarly good ammo selection however the prices were never that good. At this point in time most if not all major retailers are picked clean.

The place is terrible to shop from my last experience a few weeks ago. Went to get some powder and primers. No primers and expensive ammo of whats left.
The powder was another story!

Asked the counter person how to get powder and he said take a ticket and someone would call the number. I did after looking at the empty powder cans on the wall thinking they were in stock since they were not marked or removed.

Got ticket XXX207 and the unit said they were serving XXX187. 30 minutes or so later after waiting they finally called out XXX207 and told the clerk that I wanted 4 different powders so we went to the register to check and low and behold they had none of the 4 rifle or pistol powders I wanted.

Told the that I appreciated the waste of 40 minutes of my time when they could have just marked the powders out or removed them or even turned them around to show they were out. I left pissed and just ordered from Midway on line which had the powders and at lower prices than ME with their high tax.

The place is painful to shop at these days with the crowds and service rules they put in place

Last edited:
My wife and I are headed up there today.
Whats the reloading section looking like?
Primers? Powder? Mostly for pistol so
Small pistol primers, large/magnum primers.
Was there last weekend. Slim picking on everything.....just like every other gun shop.

The place is terrible to shop from my last experience a few weeks ago. Went to get some powder and primers. No primers and expensive ammo of whats left.
The powder was another story!

Asked the counter person how to get powder and he said take a ticket and someone would call the number. I did after looking at the empty powder cans on the wall thinking they were in stock since they were not marked or removed.

Got ticket XXX207 and the unit said they were serving XXX187. 30 minutes or so later after waiting they finally called out XXX207 and told the clerk that I wanted 4 different powders so we went to the register to check and low and behold they had none of the 4 rifle or pistol powders I wanted.

Told the that I appreciated the waste of 40 minutes of my time when they could have just marked the powders out or removed them or even turned them around to show they were out. I left pissed and just ordered from Midway on line which had the powders and at lower prices than ME with their high tax.

The place is painful to shop at these days with the crowds and service rules they put in place

So I should start calling it Deli Ticket emporium north?

So I should start calling it Deli Ticket emporium north?
I know it's a valid way to ensure "first come, first served," and I know they do it in lots of places, but there's something about "Take a number" and "Number 10? 10? 10? Number 11? 11?" that just irks me. It's not rational, but it's real.

And, no, I don't have a better solution.

Theres a p320 45 compact in excellent condition that I traded in for a new muzzleloader on friday. Other than that handguns, ammo and reloading supplies are pretty sparse. Muzzleloader supplies are decent. Unless youre looking for federal firesticks. I wiped those out completely. Cases of red army 223 and 762×39 were still there on pallets. The sig display case had about 3 pistols in it.

Was there yesterday, it was depressing. Don't waste your time.

I did after looking at the empty powder cans on the wall thinking they were in stock since they were not marked or removed.

Nioope. Learned that many years ago. A friend who worked there same all their powder is stored in a magazine somewhere else. Until they check they have no idea what is in stock. Normally not bad of a wait. Not these days.

I was there last Monday. The long gun racks were practically empty. I've never seen the place so bare, even during the post Newtown panic. Ammunition shelves pretty much empty. They did have some Red Star Army, or whatever it is, steel case in case lots, but I forget what caliber.

Hand gun shelves empty, space taken up with rifle scopes and other accessories.

I know it's a valid way to ensure "first come, first served," and I know they do it in lots of places, but there's something about "Take a number" and "Number 10? 10? 10? Number 11? 11?" that just irks me. It's not rational, but it's real.

I was in Shooters Outpost in Hooksett yesterday and they also have a take a number deal. I spoke with one guy who told me that it was ~1 hour to get time with a clerk on the gun counter. Downstairs the line for the cashiers looped up an aisle to the back of the store.

Ktp only started that in the spring when they were buried 30 deep with customers buying guns. It was never like that before the mad rush on guns.

I was in Shooters Outpost in Hooksett yesterday and they also have a take a number deal. I spoke with one guy who told me that it was ~1 hour to get time with a clerk on the gun counter. Downstairs the line for the cashiers looped up an aisle to the back of the store.
It's a lot better during the week. My work takes me by there occasionally, go on a weekday and it's short or no wait.

I was up there yesterday. Everything was depleted and lines were a mile long. I needed some muzzleloader supplies but I'd even bother.

It's a lot better during the week. My work takes me by there occasionally, go on a weekday and it's short or no wait.
I'm in the mode of selling, not buying at this point. I went to SO to speak with Jim and after doing that I just wandered around to see what is what.

I'm in the mode of selling, not buying at this point. I went to SO to speak with Jim and after doing that I just wandered around to see what is what.
I talked to one of the guys at SO2 about a couple I want to get rid of, but with their cut it wasn't worth it to me, I'll get around to posting them here eventually. Being a NH resident cuts a big part of the market out since I can't do a FTF in MA, I believe you don't have that problem yet.

I talked to one of the guys at SO2 about a couple I want to get rid of, but with their cut it wasn't worth it to me, I'll get around to posting them here eventually. Being a NH resident cuts a big part of the market out since I can't do a FTF in MA, I believe you don't have that problem yet.
Correct, but I've been dissuaded about posting guns on NES since I posted 3 handguns here for months, a .22LR AR-15 (Bushmaster factory built) for a couple of years with no interest. I put the handguns on consignment for the same money and they all sold in ~2 months. One of my students bought the AR. I have a genuine Colt Sporter pre-ban that I'm probably going to sell, but doubt folks here will want it and pay for it.

I did after looking at the empty powder cans on the wall thinking they were in stock since they were not marked or removed.

Told the that I appreciated the waste of 40 minutes of my time when they could have just marked the powders out or removed them or even turned them around to show they were out.

This has always pissed me off about KTP. They've been doing the same thing for years. Empty power cans on display and nothing in stock.

I went to two places yesterday to buy pellets. Both places were sold out ! The clerks said pellets are flying off the shelf also ! WTF I need pellet rifle therapy too!!!😂🦌

Back
Top Bottom