• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre vs post ban Beretta mags

joejoe717

NES Member
Hey guys. I’ve read some discussion on the pre v post ban Beretta 92 15 round mags. Is it true that they are identical to each other ? Could someone clarify it a bit.

I wish I could help. I bought a 92f in 1998 in NH that came with standard capacity magazines with no markings. The gun was made in US.
I have also bought standard capacity magazines on NES that have serial numbers. It doesnt really matter.

In my opinion, the average police officer working in the DPRMA upon locating a standard capacity magazine on a mere citizen will place the mere citizen under arrest for violating the "Assault weapons" ban here in shitpants DPRMA.

There will be no thoughtful analysis on the scene as it isn't important to the arresting officer. After all, he/she works for democrats, the most corrupt humans among the living. Why risk a pension?

The judges and prosecuting attorneys will insist it is up to you to prove your standard capacity magazines are "legal", and the burden for "them" to prove your guilt is non existent.

As part of the process, you will be endlessly tormented by prosecutors and rack up thousands in legal fees until you are broke, and forced to agree to a CWOF, which will make you unsuitable scum to licensing authorities throughout the DPRMA forever.

Owning even obviously legal standard capacity magazines with proven "pre-ban" features still comes with enormous risk. Because, Mass.

These remarks are not hyperbole or hysterical. The fact is most of Massachusetts lawz by max prison sentence alone are designed to make a convicted person a "prohibited person".

Even if my analysis is significantly wrong, the undeniable fact about the Massachusetts judicial system is that it is not rehabilitative, but eternally damning and forces the individual to submit. Still disagree?

There is no easy way to expunge or annul crimes where time and restitution has been served.

Type pre ban beretta magazines into NES’s search engine
That will keep you busy reading for hours….. this is an old subject
And you probably still won’t have your answer
the burden of proof is on the state to prove they are not pre ban

All I can add is all the pre-bans I have have metal followers and baseplates and assembly No.s on them and yes, theres the sharp vs rounded groove thing but I don't know if that's gospel.

Don't know the real infallible difference. But my prebans have a different PB rollmark. Bought these prebans from JG Sales. The prebans are made in USA and the neutered 10 rounders are made in Auckland MD. Prebans also has an assembly #.

IMG_20240206_202851_hdr.jpg
IMG_20240206_203124_hdr.jpg
IMG_20240206_204237.jpg

Last edited:
I have many preban 92 magazines. I bought them used. Initially the followers and springs wore out so I replaced them. Then I wanted a different floorplate so I swapped them out. The feed lips and release notch showed wear and they became unreliable so I replaced the tubes. They look nearly new but they are all >30 years old.

I wish I could help. I bought a 92f in 1998 in NH that came with standard capacity magazines with no markings. The gun was made in US.
I have also bought standard capacity magazines on NES that have serial numbers. It doesnt really matter.

In my opinion, the average police officer working in the DPRMA upon locating a standard capacity magazine on a mere citizen will place the mere citizen under arrest for violating the "Assault weapons" ban here in shitpants DPRMA.

There will be no thoughtful analysis on the scene as it isn't important to the arresting officer. After all, he/she works for democrats, the most corrupt humans among the living. Why risk a pension?

The judges and prosecuting attorneys will insist it is up to you to prove your standard capacity magazines are "legal", and the burden for "them" to prove your guilt is non existent.

As part of the process, you will be endlessly tormented by prosecutors and rack up thousands in legal fees until you are broke, and forced to agree to a CWOF, which will make you unsuitable scum to licensing authorities throughout the DPRMA forever.

Owning even obviously legal standard capacity magazines with proven "pre-ban" features still comes with enormous risk. Because, Mass.

These remarks are not hyperbole or hysterical. The fact is most of Massachusetts lawz by max prison sentence alone are designed to make a convicted person a "prohibited person".

Even if my analysis is significantly wrong, the undeniable fact about the Massachusetts judicial system is that it is not rehabilitative, but eternally damning and forces the individual to submit. Still disagree?

There is no easy way to expunge or annul crimes where time and restitution has been served.
This is why I got Hillary mags for my S&W 6946.

Type pre ban beretta magazines into NES’s search engine
That will keep you busy reading for hours….. this is an old subject
And you probably still won’t have your answer
the burden of proof is on the state to prove they are not pre ban
The state will use lawfare to push owners of standard capacity magazines into CWOF.

Besides the baseplates on mine vs the thick base plates on newer Beretta Mags. That’s the only difference. I can see When I lived in MA I basically carried 10 rounds in all my stuff just incase I was stopped I didn’t want to deal with Barney Fife. My preban mags stayed home

Don't know the real infallible difference. But my prebans have a different PB rollmark. Bought these prebans from JG Sales. The prebans are made in USA and the neutered 10 rounders are made in Auckland MD. Prebans also has an assembly #.
Auckland* is down under in Australia
ACcoKeeK is in Maryland, which could account for the "ACKK" on the magazine.

I have some pre-pre bans, including the 20 round extenders with a plastic sleeve to smoothly extend the grip of the 92SB they were made for. Not 92F mags per-se, but they fit and work flawlessly except for the cosmetically plain baseplate.

* Sometimes confused with Oakland, CA: Oakland, He Said, but He Went to Auckland Instead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom