• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is Fireclean simply Crisco?

Why use anyting other than synthetic motor oil and synthetic ATF mixed 50/50?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am coming to the realization that synthetic motor oil is probably the best option. But even that will degrade over time. I think if you oil (as opposed to dry lube), you need to clean regularly, period. If you are going to store something long periods of time, don't oil it until use. I have found this to be the case with trying to rust protect bare metal tools. Over time the WD40 or other oils I have tried break down and either disappear or gunk up.

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general-opinion/lies-errors-and-omissions/ir-spectra-fireclean-crisco/

I should add that there are probably plenty of gun oils that are repurposed oils used in cooking or other applications.

Seems like pretty much every other gun oil out there was/is repurposed from some other industry. Some companies are just better at keeping their "secret". The Engineers who get paid to formulate lubricants know they are going to make their $ in industries that have a much broader base like automotive, aero, or even energy. They work for companies like Exxon, Conoco, and Fuchs, not Fireclean. I can't imagine the gun industry is even a blip on the radar to the top 50 manufacturers of lubricants.

I am coming to the realization that synthetic motor oil is probably the best option. But even that will degrade over time. I think if you oil (as opposed to dry lube), you need to clean regularly, period. If you are going to store something long periods of time, don't oil it until use. I have found this to be the case with trying to rust protect bare metal tools. Over time the WD40 or other oils I have tried break down and either disappear or gunk up.
I use remoil with rust inhibitor if i will store something long term.

I use M Pro 7 for my cleaner and lube. Been satisfied with it.

I stopped using the cleaner because its too slow ( I hate cleaning guns and just want to get them done without wasting tons of time) but i still have a stash of the original oil. It works great. When I run out of that in 5 years I'll probably transition to mobil 1.

What is it with gun dudes and oil? It's not that complicated, yet tons of people jump to trying the new fad whiz-bang oil which is probably 99% identical to every other oil out there.

so i am not following this conversation well. if fireclean is just crisco AND it works well...why not just go to demoulas and buy crisco?

Why use anyting other than synthetic motor oil and synthetic ATF mixed 50/50?

Because it tastes awful when you run a suppressed setup and spend all day with it being sprayed in your face. CLP isn't much better either.

After watching the video of Larry Vickers endorsing and claiming Fireclean's legitimacy makes u kinda wonder about Larry Vickers as a whole. What kind of real testing did Larry do to make his claims.?? What a fraud.

And also watching the 2 founders lie through their teeth was pretty entertaining also.

The check cleared.

Larry Vickers posted a response by fireclean on his facebook saying they are going to take people who have made this claim to court for Libel, I think their pissed because the jig is up.

Froglube was originally a lubricant/cleaning product for meat processing machines that supposedly has some additional additives for firearm use.

If it works why knock where it originally came from?

Back
Top Bottom