Is Fireclean simply Crisco?

Why is Frog lube a big deal? It seems like there is too much prep time involved.

Works pretty well as a rust inhibitor (field tests really well) and is a decent lubricant. Doesn't smell bad and is genuinely nontoxic. It is just overpriced and tends to gum up in cold weather or long term storage if applied too generously.

Edit: The other big deal is that their CLP doesn't wood or wood finishes.

Their spray cleaning solvent seems no different than Hoppes Elite and MPro-7/

Last edited:
I still like ballistol. Safe to spray on anything. It doesn't "gum up" and make your gun not work like Froglube, either. Though it will emulsify in water, which may be a pro or con depending on what you're using it for.

Works pretty well as a rust inhibitor (field tests really well) and is a decent lubricant.

An anonymous person posted "results" of "field tests" of Frog Lube Plus to various social media sites. Frog Lube has a history of using sock puppet accounts to post false "reviews" about Frog Lube on social media sites. Personally, I don't trust those "results" any more than I trust the "reviews" that Frog Lube employees posted using sock puppet accounts.

An anonymous person posted "results" of "field tests" of Frog Lube Plus to various social media sites. Frog Lube has a history of using sock puppet accounts to post false "reviews" about Frog Lube on social media sites. Personally, I don't trust those "results" any more than I trust the "reviews" that Frog Lube employees posted using sock puppet accounts.

I believe the term you are looking for is "shill".

Don't forget to include an "additive" so it's no longer Mobil 1. Anything citrus or a few drops of some other cheap lubricant with a scent will work.

Back
Top Bottom