Is Fireclean simply Crisco?

Ben will do anything for money. And sometimes he doesn't need money. From what I understand, I mean he is YOUR sex slave after all.

he is, but i don't know if i want to abuse him in that fashion.

Gonna have to take my word for it and not a shot glass worth, but i just sprayed some in my mouth, definitely crisco. Seriously. And remember, I'm a proponent of the stuff.

4srs?

Yarly.jpg

I always knew it smelled familiar, could never pinpoint it. Mind you, it, like frog lube, says non toxic allover it, so it's not a terribly scary thing to do.

was it just--greasy? i mean we've all got gun oil in and around our mouths at some point. more of a kitchen oil flavor for sure?

I've spent periods of my life bodybuilding (not competing, i'm not gay) so I've straight up consumed cap fulls of oils at different times to meet fat/calorie needs etc etc, although vegetable oil isn't very good for this purpose, I have done it. This stuff is absolutely crisco, or they accidentally created it's clone in a lab.

The greater smoke release when using the Fireclean product being an indication of better cleaning/carbon removal is valid. The problem I have with the product is that there isn't enough smoke and therefore inadequate in cleaning. The process I use is to stuff my guns with old, used tires and burn them in my fireplace. The cleanliness of my guns is evidenced in the inky black smoke that billows from them. Keeping the flue closed while doing this makes my house nice and clean as well.

Disbelievers, all of you!!!!

Last edited:
I never bought the smoke bs, didn't make sense to me, I just tried it because people were raving about it and I found it made my AR really easy to clean so I stuck with it. I'm interested to see how it does in the cold now, I still have plenty left but if I decide to stick with it, I'll definitely just be using vegetable oil.

Aside of the possible trans fats, the not causing bizarre liver cancers like petroleum based things can is a plus.

Gonna have to take my word for it and not a shot glass worth, but i just sprayed some in my mouth, definitely crisco. Seriously. And remember, I'm a proponent of the stuff.

I've spent periods of my life bodybuilding (not competing, i'm not gay) so I've straight up consumed cap fulls of oils at different times to meet fat/calorie needs etc etc, although vegetable oil isn't very good for this purpose, I have done it. This stuff is absolutely crisco, or they accidentally created it's clone in a lab.

You win the internet today sir. Thank you

yeah, i will deliver reps for winning on this one... when i can. can't rep any harder as i just repped him for something.

let's see them defend this. actual user of their product eats it. confirms it's not gun oil.

[rofl] love it.
Maybe he'll get called as an expert witness when FireClean decides to sue the author of the article

I'll take a shot for Bulgarian 556 mags.

I'm still up for getting shot with a taser or oc round.
Tear gas I'll do.

i've got the 12GA ones. you'll need soft armor and a facemask before i let it happen though. it's not non-lethal, it's less-than-lethal. [wink]

[rofl] love it.
Maybe he'll get called as an expert witness when FireClean decides to sue the author of the article

yeah, it reads like they are suing eeeeeerybody.

i've got the 12GA ones. you'll need soft armor and a facemask before i let it happen though. it's not non-lethal, it's less-than-lethal. [wink]

yeah, it reads like they are suing eeeeeerybody.

Hmm I would say motor cycle helmet and my goalie neck guard but I don't know if I'll get the effect of the oc spray .

I got a jerry cheves style goalie mask ....
242963d8808ce01b5f325973ed00fd5e.jpg

But I like my eyes .

Nes has the body Amor.

Last edited:
I never bought the smoke bs, didn't make sense to me, I just tried it because people were raving about it and I found it made my AR really easy to clean so I stuck with it. I'm interested to see how it does in the cold now, I still have plenty left but if I decide to stick with it, I'll definitely just be using vegetable oil.

Aside of the possible trans fats, the not causing bizarre liver cancers like petroleum based things can is a plus.
This is why I use canola oil for chainsaw blade oil. Sure, it gums up. But if you are going to have something spray all over you (and chainsaw oil always does), I'd rather it be vegetable oil than not.

When facts are unobservable or hidden in noise you can expect charlatans to deliver the message. Any decent gun/ammo combination will run for quite a while with just about any lube and usually with none as well. When a failure does occur, the cause will be the basis of speculation. Large sample, careful and objective testing can tease out marginal effects. But that sort of thing takes a lot of work, money, and time (along with carefully constructed methodology). For just about all gun owners the volume of shooting they do will not come even close to identifying the impact of lubrication over the many other factors that affect reliability or some other random quasi-observable fact. We are looking for a slight change in failure rate when failure itself is rare. Measuring marginal impact on marginal events is not simple at all. This is all why we have tons of gun lube products out there. If it were possible to identify the best, and clearly so, we would all know which to use and the others would fade away. Instead, we just get more and more "new" products with catchy names. That's how we can say, with confidence, that nobody really knows or can prove what works. That won't stop people from having strongly felt opinions. But people have strong opinions about religion too. Going further, it's fair to say that any topic that lends itself to strongly held dissenting views is one where measurement and objectivity are very difficult or impossible.

This is why I use canola oil for chainsaw blade oil. Sure, it gums up. But if you are going to have something spray all over you (and chainsaw oil always does), I'd rather it be vegetable oil than not.

You're more likely to get killed by the tree or the chainsaw itself than you are the oil off it. If you're wearing the PPE that you should be wearing while using a chainsaw, a little bit of oil isn't going to give you cancer.

-Mike

When facts are unobservable or hidden in noise you can expect charlatans to deliver the message. Any decent gun/ammo combination will run for quite a while with just about any lube and usually with none as well. When a failure does occur, the cause will be the basis of speculation. Large sample, careful and objective testing can tease out marginal effects. But that sort of thing takes a lot of work, money, and time (along with carefully constructed methodology). For just about all gun owners the volume of shooting they do will not come even close to identifying the impact of lubrication over the many other factors that affect reliability or some other random quasi-observable fact. We are looking for a slight change in failure rate when failure itself is rare. Measuring marginal impact on marginal events is not simple at all. This is all why we have tons of gun lube products out there. If it were possible to identify the best, and clearly so, we would all know which to use and the others would fade away. Instead, we just get more and more "new" products with catchy names. That's how we can say, with confidence, that nobody really knows or can prove what works. That won't stop people from having strongly felt opinions. But people have strong opinions about religion too. Going further, it's fair to say that any topic that lends itself to strongly held dissenting views is one where measurement and objectivity are very difficult or impossible.

It is not impossible at all. In fact, a link to test results from a high volume range in Vegas has been posted several times in this thread.

I use Alpha CLP. They have said right from the beginning that they were a vegetable based non-toxic based product. I love it, and have absolutely no problem with them because they said right up front what they do. Where I think FireClean stepped in it, is just their marketing. Tell everyone you are whizz bang unicorn jizz.... and then you're essence of V8? People are going to have fun with that.

This is nothing new.

I've been using Fire Clean on my skillet for pancakes for years.

I've also used Frog Lube for off label needs.

Never again.

Girlfriend began screaming before evacuating to the bathroom.

It ruined the moment.

What weight Mobil 1 do you guys use?

20W50 seems to be the same consistency as your average gun oil and it is what I use on my Harley so that's what I use. I have also tried low viscosity oil (0w or 5w) in finicky blow back rimfire actions. I seems to help.

Back
Top Bottom