Ipswich Brewery N/D

". ...A juvenile who was also in the dining area was transported to a local hospital as a precaution since they were grazed by a piece of shrapnel."
Since when is an individual a they?
Historically it was to hide the gender of a minor or note that they didn't know the person's gender

Now who knows - could be some mid-transition kid on puberty blockers and hormones.

Great lawsuit on his hands if it was actually a firearm safety malfunction. However, my money would be on... the trigger was pulled. And that's never an accident.

Let's bring in our firearm expert Alec Baldwin, so he can say that it was the firearm. /s

My money is on in jacket pocket with no holster.

Last edited:
In a social media post, brewery owners Jake and Gary Rogers said:

“A customer visiting with his family accidentally discharged his concealed handgun at the floor shortly after arriving, allegedly due to irresponsible handling. There was no malicious intent. However, several bystanders received minor injuries from shrapnel and we wish them speedy recoveries.”

So it's now legal to bring a firearm to a bar?
Not to mention a minor ?

It's not illegal to conceal carry in a bar in MA unless the person is under the influence. They also serve food at this brewery, so a minor is allowed.

Children

Children are welcome in the taproom or on our patio as long as they are accompanied by their parents at all times. Parents, for safety and respect to other guests, please keep your kids seated at your table. Children are not allowed to sit at the bar.

Huh? It's never been illegal to bring a firearm to a bar in MA. It may or may not be wise, but it isn't illegal. If you assert that it is illegal, then please provide a citation in Mass. General Law.
It isn't now but you know how this works................

". ...A juvenile who was also in the dining area was transported to a local hospital as a precaution since they were grazed by a piece of shrapnel."
If the report just said “a juvenile” how else would you refer to them?

Proper grammar doesn’t have to have anything to do with political correctness.

Guess Since I go to different states I Treat everyone the same so I don't afoul of any laws
Thanks for the clarification

I go to different states and just make sure to know their laws if I’m going to be carrying 🤷‍♂️

Protip: Get a good belt and holster. Don't touch your gun. Leave it in the holster. Don't fidget, adjust it, just put it in the holster and leave it there all day and this will NEVER happen. You can even drink a beer. Unless you have a P320.
Dont do any backflips on the dance floor either. [laugh]

Dont do any backflips on the dance floor either. [laugh]

Years back, I took a training class at Harvard Sportsmen's Club. IIRC, we were doing the Tueller drill in the upstairs of the clubhouse -- so sprinting from a dead stop across 21' and being timed. Being the klutz that I am, I tripped and did a shoulder roll. My 1911 stayed right in its kydex holster.

Since the concept of "alternate personal pronouns" was introduced.

"They" became the singular term when "he" or "her" was not appropriate because someone is neither. This was a goof in the evolution of the English language, and has since also become a singular for he or her. This allows it to be used when sexual identity is unknown, and allows writers to reduce their risk of being denounced as unwoke. We don't have an equivalent of LEcole Francaise in this country, but the AP Style Guide indirectly provides for a level of indoctrination.

I am not bothered by the LGBwhatevers having alternate pronouns, but I still find the use of "they"" as a singular the syntactic equivalent of fingernails on the chalkboard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom